+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: health????

Re: health????

Quote Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
    Sure the dragon-lady is sexy looking, but she still needs a breath mint.
    So, tic tac's are still cheap.

I'm not telling anybody how they should live there lives, but smoking is not nor will ever be worth it. I have never been a smoker and I never will be a smoker. It is also unattractive when a woman smokes. It also suck to kiss a woman who just finished a cigarette. It's like kissing an ashtray.

So...My question to you is...Why would you kiss an ashtray?...I mean, really, if you haven't actually kissed one, you are just blowing smoke :spin2:...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    [/SIZE]
    So...My question to you is...Why would you kiss an ashtray?...I mean, really, if you haven't actually kissed one, you are just blowing smoke :spin2:...
    Ok, no I'm picturing the reaper licking a ashtray. Thank you, I can never have enough disturbing images in my head. :

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    Ok, no I'm picturing the reaper licking a ashtray. Thank you, I can never have enough disturbing images in my head. :
    Now that's the Carolina Hound we all know and love.......

[/size]
    It's just a saying, duh! Obviously you don't know what the hell you are talking about. If you can't figure out just what I mean, then why in the hell should bother explaining it to you.
    Last edited by Knight-mare; 01-03-2009 at 03:04 PM.
    "The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
    ...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Quote Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
    The reaper licking an ashtray. Hmmm. That is an image that is not disturbing enough. Try again. We need images that are more sick and more twisted and more demented.

The reaper licking an ashtray. Hmmm. That is an image that is not disturbing enough. Try again. We need images that are more sick and more twisted and more demented.
    Well you could show what a cadaver's lungs look like after they died from smoking, side by side with a healthy set of lungs. I have seen it and it really is a disgusting site.

Well as a smoker I find it hard to post this.:blunt: But it is something that I have thought about. Luckily my kids don't seem to have been effected, but then again maybe they were. Perhaps They were the next Einsteins, and my smoking impaired them. Something to think on anyway.

Third-Hand Smoke is a First-Class Problem
    What's lurking in your clothes, hair, carpets, and drapes long after a smoker leaves the room? Third-hand smoke—a film of chemicals and carcinogens.
    By Coeli Carr for MSN Health & Fitness
    The unpleasant residual odor of a smoked cigarette is nothing new. Ask anyone who's returned from a party with the scent of stale cigarettes in their hair and clothing. Now, a study has confirmed what many have suspected. Third-hand smoke—the contamination from particles in smoke that linger long after a cigarette has been snuffed out—is more than unpleasant. It's a health threat.

In this month's issue of the journal Pediatrics, researchers at MassGeneral Hospital for Children, in Boston, coined the term "third-hand smoke" to describe the toxic particles that remain after visible smoke is gone, and which pose an especially great risk to infants and children who inhale them.

"People react to how bad smoke smells on their hair and clothes, but don't realize they could get sick from the smell," says Angela Stotts, M.D., professor of family medicine at Houston's University of Texas Health Science Center, who is conducing ongoing research on second-hand smoke. "A lot of parents think that if they smoke at home when their children aren't around, their children are safe." Although ventilation will help smoke dissipate, the particles simply embed themselves on furniture, carpets and other surfaces.

Stuart Abramson, M.D., a pediatric immunologist at Texas Children's Hospital, also in Houston, says that cigarette smoke contains about 4,000 chemicals and a sizable number of carcinogens and contaminants, including benzene, butane and hydrogen cyanide.

"If children are in a room where people are smoking, the dose of these contaminants is high," says Abramson. And, he says, when the particles land and embed themselves on objects in the home, you have the risk of children receiving chronic exposure to these contaminants. "It may be as simple as an infant, being held, inhaling and touching toxins from a smoking parent's clothing. Both high doses and chronic exposure are harmful to children," says Abramson. Stotts believes chronic exposure over long periods of time has the most damaging effect.

Alan Greene, M.D., clinical professor of pediatrics at Stanford University and the author of Raising Baby Green (Jossey-Bass, 2007), says that, in addition to cancer risks, the neurotoxins in these particles may affect brain development.

For the full article..... http://health.msn.com/health-topics/...0394&gt1=31020

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    Well you could show what a cadaver's lungs look like after they died from smoking, side by side with a healthy set of lungs. I have seen it and it really is a disgusting site.
    Here is a before and after picture of lungs and what smoking can do, enjoy:
    Last edited by Knight-mare; 11-04-2010 at 01:41 PM.

It's just a saying, duh! Obviously you don't know what the hell you are talking about. If you can't figure out just what I mean, then why in the hell should bother explaining it to you.
    Well, I could say the same thing to you, couldn't I, but because I'm nice, I will explain...Did you happen to notice the spinning smiley face? The one at the end of the post? That usually represents a joke, duh! Anyway, I know exactly what you were trying to say, I just hate that analogy because when you kiss a smoker, there is no ash, and no actual used cigs (like in an ash tray) in their mouths (I mean hopefully):rasta::spin2::spin2::spin2:
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Well, I could say the same thing to you, couldn't I, but because I'm nice, I will explain...Did you happen to notice the spinning smiley face? The one at the end of the post? That usually represents a joke, duh! Anyway, I know exactly what you were trying to say, I just hate that analogy because when you kiss a smoker, there is no ash, and no actual used cigs (like in an ash tray) in their mouths (I mean hopefully):rasta::spin2::spin2::spin2:
    It was a figure of speech, an expression. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Here is a before and after picture of lungs and what smoking can do, enjoy:
    I have seen lungs like these in real life. really scary

It is very important for every person to become healthy. For performing day to day work and task it is very important to gain good health. It is also our duty to take care of our body and health. Regularly doing exercise and eating healthy food is the best way to gain good health.

If we are talking about health then, I hope, you understand the importance of choosing appropriate medicine. We have to tend the best options on a market. But how to choose properly? I'd say that oph.reviews will help you do it. You'll find many reviews on medicine you need.