+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Said This?

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Who Said This?

Time to play a game. Who said this? Forum member? World Leader? Actor? Comedian?

Another peculiarity of the Christian faith, as it is taught by the Catholic Church, is that it is a school of pessimism rather than of optimism. The Japanese religion, on the contrary,rouses men to enthusiasm by the promise it holds of the rewards in the Hereafter, while the unfortunate Christian has no prospect before him but the torments of Hell.

Re: Who Said This?

Now, THIS individual admires Islam and despises Christianity and the Jews. Any idea who said this?

Had Charles Martel not been victorious at Poitiers already, you see, the world had fallen into the hands of the Jews, so gutless a thing was Christianity! then we should in all probabihty have been converted to Mohammedanism, that cult which glorifies heroism and which opens the seventh Heaven to the bold warrior alone. Then the Germanic races would have conquered the world. Christianity alone prevented them from doing so.

This stinks of pre spam.

They post crap with no links to test the vbulletin waters. I guarantee its NOTHING on my end. I have like 3 secret software anti-spamming in place and they 'figuring it out' to spam Michael K0rs or Live Streaming or P0rn or Pills or Fake Chink Loius Voiton crap.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Quote:
    Another peculiarity of the Christian faith, as it is taught by the Catholic Church, is that it is a school of pessimism rather than of optimism. The Japanese religion, on the contrary,rouses men to enthusiasm by the promise it holds of the rewards in the Hereafter, while the unfortunate Christian has no prospect before him but the torments of Hell.

Must have been a forum member. lol

If you understand how the Catholic church feels about Hell, the forum member would not have said this.

How about a Japanese comedian???
    No, so far they're all HITLER'S words. But I reserve the right to include Ohein's memes as HIS words. By posting them, we can all assume he agrees with that he's posting since he isn't attacking them -- like comparing God to Hitler -- which is why I say he's a God-Hater (or is he a Hitler-Lover) since they're the same in his mind.

Now, did you ever agree that Abortionists who suck the brains out of unborn babies are murderers? I lost the thread where that would have appeared.

Are Abortionists guilty of murder (murder has a definition)?

Okay, here's one that is NOT by Hitler. Ohein will hate this (no, he didn't say it either)

Hitler may have been a polytheist who worshipped the pagan gods, but polytheism is still theism.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Okay, here's one that is NOT by Hitler. Ohein will hate this (no, he didn't say it either)
    Gee, it appears I have another devoted fan...how quaint.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Ohein hates the idea of a God.
    Sorry, "hates" is your word, not mine. I simply lack any beliefs with regard to any god(s).

Lacking belief isn't "hate".:blunt:

I feel abortion is murder as in ending a life. I also am not in favor of capital punishment.
    When does 'life' begin?

Sperm is alive. Is masturbation 'murder' as well?

In some instances I can see where an abortion is necessary, when a mothers life is in danger, in most cases I see it as unnecessary, being terribly abused and a murder.
    Many other ways to handle unplanned or unwanted pregnancy other than to take the life of your child.
    Yes there are...but who's decision is it to make though?

Don't you think a woman has a right to make judgement calls regarding her own body/life?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Why would I "hate" that?

IMO, you are the one consumed by hate...not I.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

What you post in the religious forum falls under the definition of hate.

Full Definition of HATE

1 To feel strong dislike for or hostility toward
    a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury
    b : extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing
    : an object of hatred
    See hate defined for English-language learners
    See hate defined for kids
    Examples of HATE

These crimes are motivated by prejudice and hate.
    They have been unable to overcome their hates and fears.
    Origin of HATE

Middle English, from Old English hete; akin to Old High German haz hate, Greek kēdos care
    First Known Use: before 12th century
    Sorry, I disagree...I'm not a "hater"....I'll leave that sentiment to the likes of people like conserv....

You could say destroying sperm or using birth control is a way to prevent life but to me it doesn't fall under my definition of murder.
    So, your def of "hate", as it applies to how I feel about god(s)/religion is different than mine, as well as the def of "murder"...

Is the morning after pill "murder"?

Does a mother have the right to take the life of her child no matter the age?
    That's not the question...sorry. We were discussing abortion, not killing grown, functioning children...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

When it comes to abortion, regretfully a child has to spend part of it's life growing inside it's mother. I never ever would have thought we as a society would have legalized abortion the way we have. I will never ever change my opinion is aborting your own child is murder and we should have stricter laws on when an abortion can take place.

Hopefully in the future this will all change and abortion will not be necessary but in rare incidents.
    So, in your opinion, if we make ALL abortion illegal...do u think that will that stop women from having abortions?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Hopefully in the future we will have better ways of preventing unwanted pregnancy and there will not be a need for abortion.

I have posted again and again I think abortion is being abused and that I am in favor of some abortion.

I think your argument is stale and that instead of just posting any old thing you need to at least read my words when I post.
    I read them, and asked a simple question after...so again

if we make ALL abortion illegal...do u think that will that stop women from having abortions?

Take your time, even if it's difficult for you, hopefully you will understand where I am coming from. If you don't have the time please don't bother to debate this topic with me.
    PS...why ru being so condescending all of the sudden?

It's a simple question...here' I'll give u my version of the answer...

No. Legal or not, women will continue to have abortions, even illegally, in possibly frightening 'back alley' conditions...

So, how do you make the world change to your 'no abortions' perspective then?

Answer...u can't. Sorry.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I have never said I would vote to make all abortion illegal and of course I don't think if this were done it would stop all abortion. Just because I feel abortion is taking the life of your child away, I don't expect everyone else to feel this way.
    Cool!

I do feel many a woman is coerced into having an abortion and would not choose to go to a back street to have an abortion if abortion was not legal and pushed on mothers.
    Can u give me an example of a woman being "pushed into having an abortion"?

Abortion is very political
    Man ain't that the truth! VERY!

and also keeps jobs alive etc.
    That's a given...so would back alley abortions...!! A matter of perspective...and safety...

I do have hope society will improve as far as education on controlling unwanted births and ways of preventing them.
    Abstinence 'works' really well, IF one can refrain...!

Oral & Anal sex works just as well! But that requires one to be candid and honest about sexuality...n that's a BIG problem in America.

Also improved ways of taking care of unwanted babies after being born.
    What do u mean?

I hope we improve in so many ways. We need to understand mental illnesses and have a way to correct mental issues.
    Just achieving this would cut down on crime, unwanted pregnancies, a multitude of issues that plague our society.
    It sure would...but alas...REALITY.

How many people do you feel that go to prison have mental issues that contributed to their being a criminal?
    The 'drug war' is responsible for the lions share of the prison population...Click Here. Also...The prison system itself contributes greatly to mental "issues" as well...don't you think?!
    How many unwanted pregnancies are to women and young people with low self esteem etc?
    So, low self esteem causes unwanted pregnancy? Really?

Do u think there's any connection between low self esteem and low income? Could that be the root cause of many of the mental 'issues' and low self esteem that humans suffer through nowadays?

I think it has something to do with it...much bigger, broader 'issues' than just unwanted pregnancy & abortion...
    Last edited by ohein56; 09-11-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Why would I "hate" that?

IMO, you are the one consumed by hate...not I.
    Who said it? He be an idol of yours. You will HATE that HE said it because even he betrayed your belief about Hitler (he agrees with me :yelcutelaughA:)

Who said it? He be an idol of yours. You will HATE that HE said it because even he betrayed your belief about Hitler (he agrees with me :yelcutelaughA:)
    You're an odd little man. Why would Kerry care if you post someone's opinion? So what if he likes Hitchins? You seem to be the one around here intolerant of opinions. Like you assuming I'm a liberal based on calling out your bigotry of gays and blacks. Not all conservatives hate poor brown people. Plus some people don't fear opinion.

Your debate skills are at 2nd grade level if that. You make hit and run posts and declare victory. You remind me of someone in another. He would make rants like yours, claim victory and then disappear. He later admitted to being an alcoholic and would post while black out drunk. If you need help let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    You're an odd little man. Why would Kerry care if you post someone's opinion? So what if he likes Hitchins?
    He and the joke don't like it when u quote others...if u quote the bible though, they perk right up!:angel:

Funny how that works....

You seem to be the one around here intolerant of opinions.
    Yep...he doesn't like 'homos' either.
    Like you assuming I'm a liberal based on calling out your bigotry of gays and blacks.
    Ditto...that really rattles their cage....cause it''s true.

Your debate skills are at 2nd grade level if that. You make hit and run posts and declare victory. You remind me of someone in another. He would make rants like yours, claim victory and then disappear.
    That seems to be a popular notion on that side of the fence!

He later admitted to being an alcoholic and would post while black out drunk. If you need help let us know.
    hmmm...I wonder...that could very well be...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

You're an odd little man. Why would Kerry care if you post someone's opinion? So what if he likes Hitchins? You seem to be the one around here intolerant of opinions. Like you assuming I'm a liberal based on calling out your bigotry of gays and blacks. Not all conservatives hate poor brown people. Plus some people don't fear opinion.
    Why are you bringing John Lurch Kerry into this?

You assume too much. I never read a post of yours "calling me out" because I'm not a supporter of affirmative action.

I've told you, your posts just don't interest me. I don't read every post here -- I feel sorry for you that you do. You really need a LIFE, a JOB and a WOMAN.

I occasionally read Ohein's crap because he entertains me. You don't. That's just the way it is.

Now go out and GET A LIFE.
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 09-12-2014 at 08:04 PM.