+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Kiyosaki: Why Network Marketing?

Robert Kiyosaki tells us why he endorses Network Marketing.

Re: Kiyosaki: Why Network Marketing?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    Robert Kiyosaki tells us why he endorses Network Marketing.
    A lot of people who make millions selling tools to network marketers will usually endorse network marketing.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    A lot of people who make millions selling tools to network marketers will usually endorse network marketing.
    From what I've gathered, Kiyosaki failed as a distributor, but made a fortune selling his books to IBO's, and by speaking at Amway functions.

So, Kiyosaki is obviously going to speak favorably about MLM, even though his actual distributorship was a failure. Thanks for brnging this up ChrisD, this is just one more example to show that the only people making substantial income from MLM are the company owners, a few people at the top of the
    pyramid, tools producers, and speakers. Everyone else is a loser in this gamed
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    From what I've gathered, Kiyosaki failed as a distributor, but made a fortune selling his books to IBO's, and by speaking at Amway functions.

So, Kiyosaki is obviously going to speak favorably about MLM, even though his actual distributorship was a failure. Thanks for brnging this up ChrisD, this is just one more example to show that the only people making substantial income from MLM are the company owners, a few people at the top of the
    pyramid, tools producers, and speakers. Everyone else is a loser in this gamed
    Do you have a link to where he failed as a distributor?
    Thanks.

To help you out, he didn't fail at MLM, he did exactly what our resident clown jokey did, he spent more on expenses than he brought in on bonuses. That's not failing at MLM. If I buy a bread shop and over the years spend more on expenses than I make does that mean bread shops don't work?

To help you out, he didn't fail at MLM, he did exactly what our resident clown jokey did, he spent more on expenses than he brought in on bonuses. That's not failing at MLM. If I buy a bread shop and over the years spend more on expenses than I make does that mean bread shops don't work?
    How about if I run the bread shop (owned by another), consistently spend more in expenses than on earnings, then sell other bread shop positions, and get a small percentage of their gross earnings, while they're also spending more than they're earning, until I get enough people paying me commissions (while they're losing money) that I finally get out of the red? I've just described MLM.

Here's an excellent example of how MLM works, the $8 MLM gas station:

http://www.mlmmyth.org/the-mlm-gas-s...s/#comment-513

Spending more than you bring in means that you're earning no income. If you're earning no income, you're a business failure. Did you read Rich Dad Poor Dad? How about Cash Flow Quadrant? This is why net MLM profit is typically much less than gross profit, and why virtually no makes money from a distributorship - the expenses cancel out any profit, unless you're in the 1% at the top.

Kiyosaki published RD/PD before he went into MLM. This is why there is no mention of MLM in that book. Amway took the franchising concept from the book and misapplied it to MLM distributorships. If MLM was so lucrative, why is Kiyosaki not active as a distributor? I'll tell you - it's because the MLM distributorship was a liability. If you read his book, you would know that financial freedom occurs when your income outpaces your liabilities. An MLM distributorship is nothing but a liability for almost anyone that does it, so for most people, MLM is a poor choice to realize positive cash flow in the upper right quadrant, the "B" for business owner (not small business, which is on the bottom left). Only a select few (1% or less) have succeeded this way.

More on Kiyosaki:

http://www.lazymanandmoney.com/rober...eting-exposed/

Why don't you pull Donald Trump out of your arse while you're at it? Hahahahaha
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Do you have a link to where he failed as a distributor?
    Thanks.
    The second link in my last post references that
    MLM's Mission Statement:

The second link in my last post references that
    Of course you could run your distributorship in a business like manner and keep your expenses to a minimum. They may be more than your bringing in for a short time at the start, but that's no different from any business (Kiyosaki went 7 years where his expenses were more than he was bringing in).
    This is what I do and my expenses are minimal (I dont belong to a tools business for a start) and I got all my expenses and more back from the taxman in my early years. This is how I teach others. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things.

How about if I run the bread shop (owned by another), consistently spend more in expenses than on earnings, then sell other bread shop positions, and get a small percentage of their gross earnings, while they're also spending more than they're earning, until I get enough people paying me commissions (while they're losing money) that I finally get out of the red? I've just described MLM.
    No you haven't. You've described idiots doing MLM.

Here's an excellent example of how MLM works, the $8 MLM gas station:
    Nope, doesn't describe legitimate MLM at all. If it did, I'd be anti-MLM too.

Kiyosaki published RD/PD before he went into MLM. This is why there is no mention of MLM in that book. Amway took the franchising concept from the book and misapplied it to MLM distributorships.
    What? I don't think Amway has ever had anything to do with Kiyosaki. Some distributor groups have and Kioysaki himself says MLM fits in to his model and what he's talking about - and he's said that right from when he first looked at MLM

If MLM was so lucrative, why is Kiyosaki not active as a distributor?
    Gee, that's a hard one. Manybe because MLM isn't the only thing you can do that is lucrative?

I'll tell you - it's because the MLM distributorship was a liability. If you read his book, you would know that financial freedom occurs when your income outpaces your liabilities. An MLM distributorship is nothing but a liability for almost anyone that does it, so for most people, MLM is a poor choice to realize positive cash flow in the upper right quadrant, the "B" for business owner (not small business, which is on the bottom left). Only a select few (1% or less) have succeeded this way.
    What a load of rot. As shown in Pokorny vs Quixtar 82% to 87% of distributors have *yearly* expenses that are less than half the average *monthly* income. Your claim doesn't fit the facts.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

Of course you could run your distributorship in a business like manner and keep your expenses to a minimum. They may be more than your bringing in for a short time at the start, but that's no different from any business (Kiyosaki went 7 years where his expenses were more than he was bringing in).
    This is what I do and my expenses are minimal (I dont belong to a tools business for a start) and I got all my expenses and more back from the taxman in my early years. This is how I teach others. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things.
    As usual, the typical pro-MLM defense is presenting a hypothetical best case scenario, when we all know that these conditions rarely occur in real life. Also, you've repeatedly stated that you refuse to divulge anything about your alleged business, but you expect us to accept "evidence" of successful business practices as proof that MLM "works."

As usual, MLM's defense centers on best case/hypothetical scenarios, and personal testimonials by forum members that are unverifiable. Meanwhile, nearly everyone that joins MLM fails to make any net income (roughly 99% means nearly everyone).

To use MLM logic, "investing" in Lotto works if you do it properly (choosing the right numbers). Or, to use a more relevant example that involves some measure of control, investing/trading in Forex can work if you learn the skills and apply them. Key word "can." Meanwhile, like MLM and Lotto, Forex or anything else that involves market timing ends up in failure for most that attempt it.

Most people that enter MLM fail to make a net profit. You can try to explain that away all that you want, but the statement has always been true. Since that statement is true, anyone that does profit from MLM does so while nearly everyone else under them are losing money. There it is, the fallacy of MLM explained in 33 words.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

As usual, the typical pro-MLM defense is presenting a hypothetical best case scenario, when we all know that these conditions rarely occur in real life. Also, you've repeatedly stated that you refuse to divulge anything about your alleged business, but you expect us to accept "evidence" of successful business practices as proof that MLM "works."
    Nothing to do with ''best case'', but more to do with normal. In fact, as most people do nothing their expenses are zero.

As usual, MLM's defense centers on best case/hypothetical scenarios, and personal testimonials by forum members that are unverifiable. Meanwhile, nearly everyone that joins MLM fails to make any net income (roughly 99% means nearly everyone).
    Do you have a link to prove this mythical 99% number?

To use MLM logic, "investing" in Lotto works if you do it properly (choosing the right numbers). Or, to use a more relevant example that involves some measure of control, investing/trading in Forex can work if you learn the skills and apply them. Key word "can." Meanwhile, like MLM and Lotto, Forex or anything else that involves market timing ends up in failure for most that attempt it.
    You have no control over which Lotto numbers come out; you have control over learning the skills and applying them in MLM. How does MLM involve ''market timing''?

Most people that enter MLM fail to make a net profit. You can try to explain that away all that you want, but the statement has always been true.
    Is this your opinion or do you have some proof?

Since that statement is true, anyone that does profit from MLM does so while nearly everyone else under them are losing money. There it is, the fallacy of MLM explained in 33 words.
    Again, do you have proof of this or is it just your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by IBOFightBack View Post
    No you haven't. You've described idiots doing MLM.

Nope, doesn't describe legitimate MLM at all. If it did, I'd be anti-MLM too.

What? I don't think Amway has ever had anything to do with Kiyosaki. Some distributor groups have and Kioysaki himself says MLM fits in to his model and what he's talking about - and he's said that right from when he first looked at MLM

Gee, that's a hard one. Manybe because MLM isn't the only thing you can do that is lucrative?

What a load of rot. As shown in Pokorny vs Quixtar 82% to 87% of distributors have *yearly* expenses that are less than half the average *monthly* income. Your claim doesn't fit the facts.
    Kiyosaki has sold many books through Diamonds, and is paid to speak at Amway functions, so he is involved with Amway.

Sure, his books business more lucrative than MLM. It's the same for "gurus" selling books and training on Tax Liens, RE investing, RE flipping, investing in gold, stock market timing, etc. These gurus make their money from advocating or teaching others about a subject, but in many cases their experience in their field yieled modest results at best.

If only 1% or so are making any real money, then the 82-87% range of IBO's are people that are making chump change in the first place. I wouldn't buy tools and travel tickets either if I was making crap money. Was the total opportunity cost accounted for with the 82-87% IBO's? How about the hours spent on the business, for little to no profit, when their efforts could have been better spent elsewhere (education in an employable field, part time linear income that is in turn invested in a retirement account for starters).
    MLM's Mission Statement:

Nothing to do with ''best case'', but more to do with normal. In fact, as most people do nothing their expenses are zero.

Do you have a link to prove this mythical 99% number?

You have no control over which Lotto numbers come out; you have control over learning the skills and applying them in MLM. How does MLM involve ''market timing''?

Is this your opinion or do you have some proof?

Again, do you have proof of this or is it just your opinion?
    We have established, numerous times, that 99% of distributors fail to be net profitable. You like to forget about past conversations and play the "show me a link game" way too often.

I included the Forex/stock market timing examples to give an additional example past Lotto, examples that give the investor more control than simply picking out numbers.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

We have established, numerous times, that 99% of distributors fail to be net profitable. You like to forget about past conversations and play the "show me a link game" way too often.

I included the Forex/stock market timing examples to give an additional example past Lotto, examples that give the investor more control than simply picking out numbers.
    You may have established it but it doesn't make it truth. You've simply used Income Disclosure Statements, which include wholesale customers and doesn't include retail profits (still waiting for an apology on that one when I proved you wrong). 99% is a mythical figure, if not, prove me wrong.

Some MLM fail rates:

http://mlm-thetruth.com/research/mlm...hocking-stats/
    MLM's Mission Statement:

You may have established it but it doesn't make it truth. You've simply used Income Disclosure Statements, which include wholesale customers and doesn't include retail profits (still waiting for an apology on that one when I proved you wrong). 99% is a mythical figure, if not, prove me wrong.
    Wholesale customers is a myth. The rampant yearly turnover in MLM and the profound lack of retail sales in general proves this.
    MLM's Mission Statement: