+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

educate yourself about scams!!

note: i meant to post this one here but accidentally put it in "Other Scams" titled "Influence by Robert Cialdini". sorry but still a must read!!!

You guys ever wonder why we are all so susceptible to scams?!!..Ever wonder how many times you've been scammed without realizing it, or even why you bought something and pair so damn much for it.

I suggest everyone here read INFLUENCE by Robert Cialdini...It's an excellent book on the social-psychology behind sales, compliance, and influence techniques. First time I read it I cried (not literally) because I realised how often i've been ripped off in my life. Second time I read it I realised how I could use this to my advantage and paid my way through college selling stuff from used cars to Victoria Secret products to strippers!!

I garauntee you that it will be the best $20 you ever spend. It will teach you all the tricks and the science behind it!!...i'm sure that if any if you take me up on this advice you will be posting replies agreeing that this book will save you a lot of hassles!

Link to Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...=books&v=glance

BTW...I don't want to come off as trying to sell this book...but considering the SCAM.com theme I thought it would be pretty appropriate reading for all those interesting...and believe me I know all about scams...i lived with a guy for the last 5 years who was one of the best scammers i've ever met, event though he only scammed corporations like insurance companies how pretty much deserve it!!!

Re: educate yourself about scams!!

We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

????

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
    Last edited by Monopolized; 10-07-2005 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monopolized
    We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

????

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

sorry...was just a link to Amazon's description of the book don't know why it wouldnt work..still worth checking out this book though

Does anyone know anything about Liberty League International? I keep getting calls from them. I think it is some kind of self help group. :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by bygrace
    Does anyone know anything about Liberty League International? I keep getting calls from them. I think it is some kind of self help group. :confused:

LLI eh?

I'd leave them BE if I were you... it's a pyramid scam (of sorts)...

The BBB has a listing on them and complaints as well. They have made efforts to resolve some (as indicated on the site). But if you will note, they won't send their info in to the BBB.
    http://www.data.bbb.org/scripts/cgii...l?zid=37001115

Quote Originally Posted by MsVeracity
    LLI eh?

I'd leave them BE if I were you... it's a pyramid scam (of sorts)...

The BBB has a listing on them and complaints as well. They have made efforts to resolve some (as indicated on the site). But if you will note, they won't send their info in to the BBB.
    http://www.data.bbb.org/scripts/cgii...l?zid=37001115
    The BBB is a for profit organization that will, if you're a member, remove complaints about your company. (the BBB is sort of a legal extortion racket) Liberty League is NOT a BBB member.

The Arizona Attorney General's web site lists ALL current Consumer actions....Liberty League does NOT appear there. A phone call to the AZ AG's office PRIOR to my joining Liberty League (I DO DUE DILIGENCE ON ANY BUSINESS INVESTMENT) proved to have no complaints (at least that they would talk about) on LLI either.

A LOT of what you read on these threads is from people who have NO first-hand knowledge of the subject, but feel.....and the operative word is FEEL.....that anyone who makes money in Network Marketing must be involved in some sort of 'scam'.

It is neither a 'pyramid', nor a 'scam'. Neither is it MLM. There is only ONE level up from you that makes money from your work, and it's ONLY for two 'training' sales, if you purchase the Beyone Freedom personal development home study course. After that, you're in a money-making position and you don't share your profit with anyone (except the taxman, of course)

You can view all of the informatiion at LLI's website, and look at the movies, testimonials, compensation plan, etc. by clicking on the links at the top at your leisure. No pressure, no salesman....etc. www.libertyleague.com/newlifestyle Take it or leave it, it's up to you.

Two of the MOST IMPORTANT things you need to know about Network Marketing, with ANY company, are:

You MUST have the right mindset, and have a GOAL set, with a definite time-line.........Beyone Freedom helps you learn this type of mindset., and

You need to sign on with an Advisor or Advisors who are active, committed and will do whatever it takes to train and support you, and help you to SUCCEED.

Good luck on your business endeavors.

interesting post i will check this out!!ok!just seems like any MLM opportunity!!if your up for it!!so goes the world!!hehe!!p.s.,did i mention their server is located in texas!?hehe!!so i'm takin a piss now and the i lift the seat like a man and oops!!the darn bumper pad drops off into the soup!so i dive my hand in to get it and YUCK i come out with it and the last visit by me in a handfull!!welcome to howard sterns reality radio!!where's the superglue!!mr fixit!!hehe!!GO HOWARD!!hehe!!that reminds me......howcome the bibble never mentions where jesus took a big one!?!hehe!!just askin!!on with the show!!music and passion were always the fashion at the.............copa!!......cabanna!!fall in love you fool!!hehe!!learn or burn the true meaning of earn!!hehe!!
    Last edited by lexx; 01-20-2006 at 11:00 AM.

Hmm, I see that 'someone' edited my message and changed a few words without 'owning up' to it.....oh well.

Lexx, dude, you must be doin' some GOOD stuff over there....your thought processes are VERY interesting!

NewLifeStyle - Your info on the BBB is incorrect. The information is free of charge to anyone who wishes to access it. They have no "hidden agenda". They offer to assist in resolving disputes, as well. Perhaps you misunderstand their purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    NewLifeStyle - Your info on the BBB is incorrect. The information is free of charge to anyone who wishes to access it. They have no "hidden agenda". They offer to assist in resolving disputes, as well. Perhaps you misunderstand their purpose.
    Hi Linda:

I think that you misunderstood my comment. Info FROM the BBB is indeed free for all.

Unfortunately, MEMBERSHIP is anything BUT free. It costs a bundle......AND, IF you are a paid-up member, it IS possible to have negative reports removed.

The BBB is an INDEPENDENT BUSINESS, it is NOT related to Government, or any OTHER official agency, and can do what it wants.........including extorting membership to remove 'bad' comments.

That's what I was referring to. I would be happy to be corrected IF I am wrong in any aspect.

Well, having been a member I would like to know what leads you to this claim?

Well, having been a member I would like to know what leads you to this claim?
    I've been a member as well. Which claim?

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Here's a very, very old Mantra. Recite it daily to protect yourself:

In this world nothing is free...

you can reenforce this, if you like, by using rythmic chanting, turning beads
    in your hand, painting a dollar sign in red on your forehead, rubbing your
    wallet. Whatever, but nevertheless: In this world nothing is free.

That is, except this advice.

But then, how many people, for long, really apprciate ANYTHING they didn't
    have to work for?

And, for those that "give" you something for "NOTHING", just wait until the
    quarter drops into the pan in the slot... then, the Devil gets his due;
    ALWAYS :eek:

The other Mantra, that you can use to follow the one just given:

SOMEBODY ALWAYS PAYS IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...
    Last edited by coontie; 02-03-2006 at 12:13 AM. Reason: wording

NewLifeStyle - I'm referring to your claim that you can "buy-off" the BBB. Have you done so? Is it that you lodged a complaint against a business and were unhappy with their handling of the situation? What causes you to make this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    Here's a very, very old Mantra. Recite it daily to protect yourself:

you can reenforce this, if you like, by using rythmic chanting, turning beads
    in your hand, painting a dollar sign in red on your forehead, rubbing your
    wallet. Whatever, but nevertheless: In this world nothing is free.

That is, except this advice.

But then, how many people, for long, really apprciate ANYTHING they didn't
    have to work for?

And, for those that "give" you something for "NOTHING", just wait until the
    quarter drops into the pan in the slot... then, the Devil gets his due;
    ALWAYS :eek:

The other Mantra, that you can use to follow the one just given:

SOMEBODY ALWAYS PAYS IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...
    Huh???...........

NewLifeStyle - I'm referring to your claim that you can "buy-off" the BBB. Have you done so? Is it that you lodged a complaint against a business and were unhappy with their handling of the situation? What causes you to make this statement?
    A number of years ago, after someone complained about the 'service industry' bricks and mortar business in which I was engaged, the BBB phoned me, and sold me a membership by offering to 'get rid' of the complaint.

They did so, and this has somewhat colored my view of the BBB as 'legalized extortion'.

All companies will sooner or later receive complaints, from large chain-stores to small mom and pop operations. The BBB preys upon them like a vulture.