+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: educate yourself about scams!!

Quote Originally Posted by newlifestyle
    Huh???...........

Yeah, HUH! Clueless. I know they're are some of you out there like that.
    Oh wel... :eek:

The BBB is as the BBB does.

It depends upon where you're at in regard to what you may expect of the
    LOCAL BBB. They're usually self-serving rather non-descript; as in
    what are they there for?, entities.
    Last edited by coontie; 02-05-2006 at 04:10 AM. Reason: spell

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    Yeah, HUH! Clueless. I know they're are some of you out there like that.
    Oh wel... :eek:
    Guess it depends upon what you're smoking, too.........right?

Guess it depends upon what you're smoking, too.........right?
    Oh, so that's the way you are, eh? Well, that pretty much says it all
    for You. :eek:

Better stated: the BBB is a business... :rolleyes:

Oh, so that's the way you are, eh? Well, that pretty much says it all
    for You. :eek:
    Was referring to YOUR post, which rambled a bit......my little joke....REALLY little. :D
    Last edited by newlifestyle; 02-05-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Better stated: the BBB is a business... :rolleyes:
    MY point, exactly.

NewLifeStyle - My own opinion of the BBB is that most people misunderstand it's purpose. For my own small business, the fee simple became too high to warrant membership. However, that doesn't prevent the BBB from posting a file on my business. Generally, it's good informaton, available to the general public - FOR FREE.
    What could be wrong with that? "No rating at all" does not equate to "Good rating". Membership means you have agreed to allow them to "meddle in the dispute". Really, think about it. A business pays membership to BBB that will openly publish their dissatified customer numbers - to prove their credibility as a legitimate business concerned with customer satisfaction. If your story is true - the complaint should be that of your "unsatisfied customer" - shouldn't it? I think yer fibin' - it's more likely you were dissatisfied with a rating. Sorry, I simply do not believe your tale.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    What could be wrong with that? "No rating at all" does not equate to "Good rating". Membership means you have agreed to allow them to "meddle in the dispute". Really, think about it. A business pays membership to BBB that will openly publish their dissatified customer numbers - to prove their credibility as a legitimate business concerned with customer satisfaction. If your story is true - the complaint should be that of your "unsatisfied customer" - shouldn't it? I think yer fibin' - it's more likely you were dissatisfied with a rating. Sorry, I simply do not believe your tale.
    The problem is that there will ALWAYS be dissatisfied customers, in any business.....some are SO disturbed that they will file complaints on EVERYBODY with whom they come into contact.

When there exists a LEGITIMATE complaint, it is the obligation of the company to resolve it, LONG BEFORE it gets to the BBB or anyone else.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, with Disturbed individuals, this is not always possible.

As far as the BBB goes, IT IS NOT A GOVERNMENT AGENCY, it IS NOT REGULATED......it IS a 'for profit', FRANCHISED Business....NOTHING MORE.

Just like the companies which have complaints filed against them, SOME BBB franchises are GOOD, and some are WORSE than the companies being complained about.

I'm happy for you that you were pleased with the BBB franchise with which you were associated...........unfortunately, not ALL are honest or ethical.

I wonder if you would call someone a liar face-to-face based upon incomplete information..........perhaps you should use the same guidelines in this forum as you would in a personal encounter.

And that's the LAST that I have to say on the subject of the BBB.

Last edited by newlifestyle; 02-06-2006 at 07:03 PM.

The problem is that there will ALWAYS be dissatisfied customers, in any business.....some are SO disturbed that they will file complaints on EVERYBODY with whom they come into contact.

When there exists a LEGITIMATE complaint, it is the obligation of the company to resolve it, LONG BEFORE it gets to the BBB or anyone else.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned, with Disturbed individuals, this is not always possible.

As far as the BBB goes, IT IS NOT A GOVERNMENT AGENCY, it IS NOT REGULATED......it IS a 'for profit', FRANCHISED Business....NOTHING MORE.

Just like the companies which have complaints filed against them, SOME BBB franchises are GOOD, and some are WORSE than the companies being complained about.

I'm happy for you that you were pleased with the BBB franchise with which you were associated...........unfortunately, not ALL are honest or ethical.

I wonder if you would call someone a liar face-to-face based upon incomplete information..........perhaps you should use the same guidelines in this forum as you would in a personal encounter.

And that's the LAST that I have to say on the subject of the BBB.

Well stated... I'm with you; very succint

NewLifeStyle - Calm down a bit - I never said you were lying at all. I said I didn't believe that the BBB accepts or solicits bribes to clear company complaints. I was expecting that you would expand your explanation of the situation. To be honest, I have no idea at all what has you so angry. Are you the business owner or the customer? Why not simple give the details of the situation that you encountered.

Here's a very, very old Mantra. Recite it daily to protect yourself:

In this world nothing is free...

you can reenforce this, if you like, by using rythmic chanting, turning beads
    in your hand, painting a dollar sign in red on your forehead, rubbing your
    wallet. Whatever, but nevertheless: In this world nothing is free.

That is, except this advice.

But then, how many people, for long, really apprciate ANYTHING they didn't
    have to work for?

And, for those that "give" you something for "NOTHING", just wait until the
    quarter drops into the pan in the slot... then, the Devil gets his due;
    ALWAYS :eek:

The other Mantra, that you can use to follow the one just given:

SOMEBODY ALWAYS PAYS IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER...
    This is SO on point! Charis Johnson should read this.
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    NewLifeStyle - Calm down a bit - I never said you were lying at all. I said I didn't believe that the BBB accepts or solicits bribes to clear company complaints. I was expecting that you would expand your explanation of the situation. To be honest, I have no idea at all what has you so angry. Are you the business owner or the customer? Why not simple give the details of the situation that you encountered.
    Have a look at this page....it may answer some of your questions.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff1343.htm

I read it. The information is quite a few years old. Even so, I think people misunderstanding what the BBB "is" may be the biggest part of the problem. The BBB in Canada does not charge for any service to the consumer - they report on both non-members and members complaints - they do charge a membership fee to businesses who wish to join. They provide information - that's it.

Just out of curiousity - What kind of person invests $16,000 based on free information that the BBB has had no customer complaints? An idiot. A customer and an investor are not the same. He didn't give the money to the BBB, did he? They don't offer investment advice or even recommend any company over another.

You can't make everyone happy all of the time. The BBB does not guarantee satisfaction to anyone. Even if you lodge a complaint, the most you can hope for is that (if the BBB finds your complaint to have merit - in their opinion) it will be posted as an "unresolved complaint". If these people read anything at all on the BBB they would know this.

I'm not endorsing or recommending the BBB at all. I was a member for years - the fee went up - I didn't think it was worth the money - I'm not a member now. I'm still listed (as a non-member)- I have no complaints. I wouldn't buy my cat's food based on the BBB. I do check businesses, from time to time, to see if they have numerous complaints.

I do understand your point.