Re: Common Atheist's LIES about Christians

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    There's an old argument about gods will. If you prey for something and it's not gods will, it will not happen right? If it's gods will, it will happen anyway right?
    Some say that is the case. Others say that prayer and faith is what puts God's grace into action. Myself I prefer to hitch my wagon to the divine and let it take me where I'm led.

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    Some say that is the case. Others say that prayer and faith is what puts God's grace into action. Myself I prefer to hitch my wagon to the divine and let it take me where I'm led.
    I bet that one point could be argued until death and then you'll know.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    I watched that Cat House show on HBO, the hooker place in Nevada. The hookers are fascinating, they're just like a sex robot, unbelieveable a woman can do that. I wonder if that's genetic and rare cause it sure isn't normal.:yelcutelaughA:
    I have Tom on ignore but I saw Tominaustins's post because you quoted him.

FYI Tom, I can subpoena this website and sue you for libel unless you can prove your claims. You claim to be "for truth" but it looks like you just became a useless troll because you're bored and have nothing to do. I haven't gone overboard to attack you. I'm not sure why you've decided to attack me for no reason other than to be a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I have Tom on ignore but I saw Tominaustins's post because you quoted him.

FYI Tom, I can subpoena this website and sue you for libel unless you can prove your claims. You claim to be "for truth" but it looks like you just became a useless troll because you're bored and have nothing to do. I haven't gone overboard to attack you. I'm not sure why you've decided to attack me for no reason other than to be a troll.
    Hello is this lawyer... I want to sue someone for libel.
    What is your name sir?
    JoeCool
    Click

Hello is this lawyer... I want to sue someone for libel.
    What is your name sir?
    JoeCool
    Click
    It wasn't hard to find out who you are.

Are you bored Tom? So you have to resort to trolling because you can't drum up conversation on this forum? Someone your age should have better things to do.

It wasn't hard to find out who you are.

Are you bored Tom? So you have to resort to trolling because you can't drum up conversation on this forum? Someone your age should have better things to do.
    Hey I came here and was attacked. I never hid or denied who I am unlike some I know about. I talk with 3 people from this board offline so who is hiding what?

Hey I came here and was attacked. I never hid or denied who I am unlike some I know about. I talk with 3 people from this board offline so who is hiding what?
    I didn't attack you.

Are you so desperate for attention and to drum up conversation on this forum that you resort to that kind of trolling to try elicit a response?

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    Riiigght. And mankind didn't have anything to do with the state of those starving children. Its called free will and cause and effect. Not God's will.
    "Free will"...!!?? riiiight...

Missing, or avoiding the point entirely...of course u are a 'believer' what did I expect...??

For a perfect, omnipotent, omniscient god, he sure does seem to have some unsavory flaws.

Kinda like the 'flaws' one would find with a bunch of ignorant sheepherders, huh?! I wonder...hmmmm...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post

Missing, or avoiding the point entirely...of course u are a 'believer' what did I expect...??
    Free will. Those folks had more kids than they probably should have. That certainly didn't help their situation.

You also have free will and you have chosen to reject God.

Free will. Those folks had more kids than they probably should have. That certainly didn't help their situation.

Almost as many as u reject, jokey! Many gods!!

Why do u reject Zeus, Horus, Mithra, Mars and Jupiter? Don't they deserve respect too?

What a joke....!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Those folks parents likely couldn't use contraceptives as the church deems sex 'for fun' a sinful act....
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Those folks parents likely couldn't use contraceptives as the church deems sex 'for fun' a sinful act
    Prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by chicken56 View Post
    Almost as many as u reject,
    Why do u reject Zeus, Horus, Mithra, Mars and Jupiter? Don't they deserve respect too?
    Show me where I have rejected them.

One of the reasons for these people having a food shortage is they have been getting free food for so long they don't have the skills to get food on their own. I read these people are now starting to be taught how to fish, plant and harvest food etc. so that they can be independent of others and take care of themselves.

I tried to figure out why these people keep having so many children when they don't have enough food to feed them. I really can't find an answer but most of it is most likely a lack of education.

I did find this
    http://www.prb.org/Publications/Data...ata-sheet.aspx

Many of the African women in certain regions have five to seven children.

I would think common sense would tell them that is too many children if you were not able to feed them but who knows. Maybe they have a bunch cause they know many of them will die.
    Agreed. I think it's good progress that people are helping some of these tribes in Africa to get clean water, grow crops and be able to farm and become self sufficient.

I tried to figure out why these people keep having so many children when they don't have enough food to feed them. I really can't find an answer but most of it is most likely a lack of education.

I did find this
    http://www.prb.org/Publications/Data...ata-sheet.aspx

Many of the African women in certain regions have five to seven children.

I would think common sense would tell them that is too many children if you were not able to feed them but who knows. Maybe they have a bunch cause they know many of them will die.
    It might be "common sense" from your perspective. That doesn't mean it's the same for them.
    You can't reason from your own perspective in these matters, you need to put yourself in their position.

First of all:

Having children is a matter of survival. That has always been the case since the dawn of humanity.
    It's just in the past 100 years in the Western world that we have had the luxury to chose if we want to have children or not.

When you don't have a pension to live from when you get old, you need children to support you. It's as simple as that. When you live as a poor peasant in an African country, you can't make a choice to have children or not. You need to have a family and a community around you to support you when you get old. You need to bring children to the world.

Furthermore, having lots of children might create an opportunity to farm more land, to grow your business, to get a better life. They see a large family as an opportunity, not as a burden.

It's basic survival.
    It's just that you and I have forgotten about this since we are brought up in a rich society where a lot of basic needs are taken care of.

For a perfect, omnipotent, omniscient god, he sure does seem to have some unsavory flaws.

Kinda like the 'flaws' one would find with a bunch of ignorant sheepherders, huh?! I wonder...hmmmm...
    Curious . You keep mentioning sheepherders. Which ones would you be referring to? You somehow think an omnipotent, omniscient god should be correcting and forgiving
    Mankind's flaws.
    Last edited by noagenda; 10-29-2014 at 06:12 PM.