+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Child Protective Services

Hi ..I have a question about CPS……I wander if anyone has some advice for my situation. My daughter age 26 next month….has 3 precious children.. ages 5+, just turned 4 and just turned 3 (the youngest are 11 months apart!)
    She was living in Virginia with hubby who was in the military…we are from TX and son-in-law is from Memphis TN…..they met when he was at FT Hood and then ended up in Norfolk…..all the children were born in VA. When the baby was 4 months old my daughter left her husband and moved back to TX w/me. She was not here long before she starting using drugs…ice….after 2 years of her spiraling downward I went to court to modify her parental relationship. hoping that if she thought she was losing the children she would get straight. She agreed to outpatient treatment and random UV from the court. The treatment was a joke…and apparently she had ways of “getting around” the piss tests. When we requested that she take a hair follicle test, she refused and out of frustration I washed my hands of it. I filed a motion to nonsuit the case and told her she was on her own and what ever happens ..happens , but she better not let any thing happen to the children. Now , one thing I need to make clear…..she loves her kids and she takes good care of them…but doing the drugs she keeps losing her job, being evicted, writing hot checks… and as long as momma that’s me is taking care of everything she can continue in that behavior. The hardest thing I’ve ever done is step out of the situation and let it fall apart. AND IT DID!
    CPS took the children from her and she signed a voluntary placement with her friend…. ..who BTW has 3 children of her own…that lasted about 2 weeks! The children came back to me.
    Well then steps up XSON-IN- LAW who has been conveniently out of the picture and acting like he could care less what happens to the kids ..never calls them…never returns calls…just “living his life like he has no children”. CPS places the children w/him.
    … After CPS contacted him , I was hearing from him almost everyday for about 2 weeks … It was my opinion then that the children needed to get to know their father and that his fiancé was ok and would take good care of them…(cps did background checks on them both and visited their house) I helped him by bringing the children to Memphis, also I wanted to see for myself where he was living and check out the situation.
    but right after that, it began to get hard to reach him again ..I would leave messages begging him to let the children call me or to tell me a good time to call …they have been w/him for 7 weeks now ..and I’ve only got to talk to the children a few times. The last time I talked to them My 4 yr old grandson was saying “grandma are you coming to get us?”

Xson-in-law is acting like the “all knowing super parent” now, when for the past 2+ years I’ve been the only real stability they have known. I don’t think there is much on the books for grandparent rights!! :mad:

I’ve said all this to say….My daughter still has managing conservator ship of the children…..they have joint custody. She has been in a residence treatment center for 8 weeks now and is making great progress…I think she has snapped ..realizing mom can’t help her and if she doesn’t get it together, xsoninlaw.com will have the children for good. :eek:

SO HERE IS THE QUESTION: Just because CPS placed the children w/soninlaw.com that has not changed the fact that she still has “physical custody” (that’s the wording in the divorce decree) right? And if that has not changed the original custody order CAN CPS keep her from going to get the children…and does she have to wait for them to close the case??? If she has done what they require.. (she hasn’t been provided with anything stating what she is required to do to get them back) can she go get them back from xsoninlaw.com???? :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Bhopefull
    I don’t think there is much on the books for grandparent rights!! :mad:
    YES, there is. You'd be surprised how many rights grandparents actually do have. Especially, if you have been involved in their lives.

I'm sorry for you & your family to be going through all of this. I've known others who have gone through similar situations & some who are going through it now. Drugs are tearing up so many people & families today.

Anyway, you really do need to talk to a lawyer....for 2 reasons.

First being, that you do have Grandparents rights & the children do need you to stay a part of their lives. I'm sure all of this has been traumatic enough on them. (at least the kids have eachother)

Secondly, CPS has been known for not "properly closing" cases, they sometimes leave loose ends. Whenever someone is involved w/CPS it is a MUST that they have their attorney double check that all is "properly closed".

You need to have an attorney look over this entire situation from a legal standpoint. CPS may have given the ex-husband full parental gaurdianship. I mean, I don't know....??
    Last edited by PAYEK; 10-08-2005 at 11:13 AM.

Yeah, I'm going to make an appt w/ my lawyer next week. He's the one that said that grandparents don't have much rights inTX. He did say we could go to court to ask for visitation but it's not a given. I'm just thinking that xsoninlaw.com can't keep the children's mother from them ...he is just using this now to "get back" at my daughter. But when she finishes the treatment program...CPS should be out of it!! I hope!
    Thank you for answering me and I appreciate your concern

tommywho70x Guest

First ladies, please, do not thank me. I am merely obeying orders.

You want to thank somebody, please thank Mr. and Mrs. God for filling me and 'My Computer(AS) tommywho70x win95_full_ar(F:))' with useful information and keeping anything from killing me up until now.

Bhopefull, your issue is way outside my areas of specialization. I do know that there is a large, well-funded 'Memphis Area Legal Service' in Bluff City and consulting them is free plus any toll charges that may apply for 'wire queue usage?'DATE/TIME/Bill to:)

Things I'm passing along to you folks now that you find yourselves being oppressed by government agents are methods we unstable malcontents have been using for years.

My hat gets too tight when people are too effusive thanking me for doing my
    job#1xp.px1#mstask#1.1#location#0.0#
    TELEPHON.INIk-12-048DC RINGER'S SOLUTION [Chloride][General Hospital]XML SOAP.s

CYBER PEDIATRIX: UIC.EDU/MedicalMatrix/RobertS.MendelsohnMD(dec.) FrmrCH1air1
    Dr. Demented, patient waiting on line 999$2,0,0,0,$1,0,0,7,*69,,,;:"?":<><>:)]+/-1.00
    WebMD.COM (MERCK for JER KS) VBSL6.0x++VH.ORG (Stanford Virtual Hospital)
    BEST14,400GZBy\MySQL_< not pooled > SQL.LOG UNAVAILABLE unless you=me onCE:)
    QDAD's0++++++++++/MS-DOS(R)MICROS~3/PROGRA~19yyApplyOk!!00'

Poll: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6178

Second, that ain't my idea. I'm a non-violence trainer and have been working within the framework of large commercial &NFP RAINBO~1.1972-2029$~~~=== Hand Delivery ===~~~ PEACEWORKS, WAR IS NOCD==NOCD REMA(CISCO) S.U.V:_&&[GO]LPT1-60's USA MystIFFY MS-BRAIN MPEG-1flyingpigs.mpg.mpeg-1(TWX-PIG-RR-ETH4-WAOL-NTLDR-VIP386 KsAxStream(03))smile&wav+please.pl , politically - oriented public demonstrations for a long time.

IrXfer nor against ambiguity. IISAM's USBINFO gotten:A++
    [TJWxxx-xx-2498] disabled (SSA1MCA+B$$$), Visually-impaired Audiology Invalidater MSN MAIN MENU ROBOTZ Sounds Like:?Beep? ?Ding? ?Ha-Ha? 1Voice1nce upon sLIME ONLINE VoIPCONFIG /all.?.?.?.?.?.?.?I'll show you mine if you show me URLssss..........HH.EXE/Htmlhelp.bat/LOCALS~1[Windows Security]
    Oh? Spoke of wheelchair.ico"N"+module: ACCESSIBILITY.DLL#Connectivity (SVC) MGR?

IndyMedia(*.ORG)#underground.net.us BIOSXLATtachments eXXXX NUM[Ph]x-scull y-crossjink z-crew a-A.G. Lane Tech.H.S. < ALVIN > Oar Fred Dix Indian Head Shop [Al]FOUNDRY[Fe]DRAFTING[P+aper]Tray???

Skip to: UICCC HIST 20TH CEN CHICAGO 305 (ca. 1973) SUB GOLD ROOM 6TH Floor Lounge Layout.bin smoking. . .discussion.s01!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GOTO BSB (Behavioural Sciences Building)X-GET LOST Tweakui/Simpleui/Goodbyeclick

[ALPHA]UTampa.edu/home/registrar/greeks/KKP/a-s/subito/faculty/music/chairman
    [TERRYMOHN]BobMoogIE MUSICA (PHD) UIUC.EDU/students/prairienet.org/alumnus.ark

KAPPA KAPPA PSI -- National Honorary Fraternity of College Bands [PEOPLE]*.fnd

SPRINTPCS LIVING CELEBRITY PUROLATOR U.S.Army1Mitchell, Leroy, Jr. Major Minor Re-enlistment inducer: [email protected] - [email protected] DAO "Try to remember the kind of September in Falk Theater"...DirectOR:E - Tampa Bay Arts Council - GASPARILLA DAY KREWE josegaspar#1Best Pirate piracy Mardi Gras

Go Lane, for we are here to cheer for you. Be fearless and bold for the MYRTLE and the GOLD so let's go Lane! Go! Lane Google Ads conversion to:
    'School Song Lyrics (SSL)' in skeezo-pile asymptote VECT:.e0xffff12 Scalar functionality needs Mainsoft*ninz ACME32 SCOPE CERTS Top Scams, Dirt File News, George File Mail, Scambuster ANNOUNCEMENT -- Read this now!

So Just Ask Lady Mod How To Connect DeeDee1965 to tommywho70x explicitly optional disconnect CUE Raider Entertaintment Company BIG:0%Nunya PAYEKVILLE, asshopper! NZTV-8-[1] CUSTOMIZED 404N Y!Coming soon to default viewer in a computer near [email protected] if it is available as a Valid Internet User at ENTER and Sign-on SCREEN. % SBC -- Going beyond the call er ID # www.sbc.com/1995 # Y!TV AD ZNC DMZ Situation VENT ROOM 403 DUCT TAPE 401 TREE CALL Bad Request 400 Add/Remove Program Unknown Host 500 PING NWV+ICMP echolalia PMCI So What's This? at ?http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=6178All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.Scams Message Board - Copyright © 2004 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved. ©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©@scams.mail.scam .com LVNVAAP1[TJW00]

Quote Originally Posted by Bhopefull
    I'm just thinking that xsoninlaw.com can't keep the children's mother from them ...he is just using this now to "get back" at my daughter. But when she finishes the treatment program...CPS should be out of it!! I hope!
    This is why you need the attorney, or more so your daughter needs the attorney. You & your daughter need to know exactly what CPS has & is doing at all times. She should never sign anything w/o her attorney!

:D .........You're funny Tommy!

tommywho70x Guest

Thank you. Just another player in the stream. You and your insignificant authorization code:0B.O.O.B.0B.A.B.E.1 BOZO NT LOADER#9x9=81.00++ are an infectious insporation
    to my Norm Crosby INFLUENCES (New! Comics @ Yahoo!BUTCHERS ENGLISP SBC EXIT).

Do you README, IGOR.~??( My weatherbuddy, voice of the National Weather Service1)
    edit weather "The Weather Channel" forecastnews "MSNBC Today Show Desktop HIGH5"

These forums are a challenge because I've always had to write 'correct' typing out term papers, business and technical reports and they couldn't be too funny. My funniest stuff always has been my ORAL DISSERTATIONS.VOC ** ALIZATION.SSS
    LongShots IBM, Inc. Armonk, NY, US, INTL, BIZ MACS MY PH BK IE AK OE Owie.zzz

IBMLINK/ibm.com/partnerworld/procurements.htm www.sheldon.com/explorer.msn.com/ie.search/mail [Inbox]GE MAIL[Outbox]stuffed.net

NYC1 Big Apple WWW.ROTTEN.COM Preferred CHOICE.COM-PATCH.Z1as bad as it gets...Virtual Trucking [HGF] ROGER SHERMAN www.organloft.com [TJW]E.Power Biggs
    Son of Sid: FROLKIS LOGISTICS, Inc. C.W. McCall: "CONVOY" RubberDuck1
    Burt Reynolds' RUG DEALER www.018007955559wi.rr.com.us
    (Don't bother clicking on that link, check out ROTTEN's Cool Web Site MAPI:epmap)
    it will only take a HOT CHICAGO SECOND to load...:)

OrganLoft is real too if you're looking for an organ, music or accessories.
    Roger Sherman is a programmer/analyst who worked with us building Harold's [database] for his Truck-Load Freight BROKER ENTERPRISE and went on to become one of Microsoft's early millionaire retirees.

E. Power Biggs was my favorite classical organist
    Among the contemporary players, Keith Emerson, Rick Wakeman and Walter/Wendy Carlos are my 3 most favoritest FAVs.

I had an oven fire last night, and I called the fire department. Since I had been sick for about a week and 1/2 (Cold and Flu), I hadn't cleaned my house. The head fire guy said he had to report it to DHS. What do I do? I can't help that I was sick. Any how any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by mpo7112839
    I had an oven fire last night, and I called the fire department. Since I had been sick for about a week and 1/2 (Cold and Flu), I hadn't cleaned my house. The head fire guy said he had to report it to DHS. What do I do? I can't help that I was sick. Any how any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, and God Bless.
    Is he just reporting the oven fire? I think that is just standard procedure. Pick up the house, clean but not pristine.

Are you renting? If so, it may be to protect you while living in the home to make sure that all codes are being met by the landlord.

Lady Mod

no, i ment i hadn't done dishes in a week. what was i suppose to do clean the house before i called? Thank you.

no, i ment i hadn't done dishes in a week. what was i suppose to do clean the house before i called? Thank you.
    No, but by your post and panic, I thought maybe the house was a total wreck inside.

It sounds like it's just standard procedure. Are you a renter?

Lady Mod

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

So now, what's the condition of your dishes, house-cleaning?
    Have you been well? How's the Roach situation?

S.J.A. we really need Tommy Who 70X back. When I read these post in
    this article and saw his remarks, I thought: he's back! But then looked
    at the dates and saw they were old post.

This Thread; Child Protetive Sevices, must have somehow gotten revived.

Anyhow, Tommy WHo seemed like he was the pivot on the scale
    balance beam that kept the dynamics of this forum really revved up.
    Last I heard, he was in Austin, Tx. doing his thing and very happy...

Not sure that he wants to be back. But then, he might be lurking on the
    fringes as he's keeping an eye on his old nemesis; Pwrone, I am
    sure.

As I've said before as well, Pwrone keeps the spring wound up too, I see.
    Seems as though he might be in a category of the hated-loved! :confused: :D :confused:

Cheers! ;)
    Last edited by coontie; 02-18-2006 at 07:19 PM. Reason: spell

It would have to be pretty bad (I would think, but who knows :rolleyes: ) for them to think that DHS needed to be aware of the living conditions.
    As long as your kids are well taken care of, keep your house clean enough to where it's not an "unsanitary" inviroment for the kids to live in....I wouldn't worry too much.

They will probably have someone from DHS come out & check things out (maybe more than once). But if they do take the kids, then you need to get a lawyer w/in the 1st 24hrs. A lawyer can get the kids placed back in the home w/in the 1st 24hrs....after 24hrs then no. Then you're working w/the system from there in order to get the kids placed back into the home.