+ Reply to Thread

Doctobe is offline alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta ......
    UC Berkeley, UC Davis, Silicon Valley, CA

If a woman hits a man first ...

... is it ok for the man to hit her back? Suppose he does not hit her back at first and she continues to attack him. Should a man have a right to defend himself without being judged harshly? How does gender equality play into this? Shouldn't equal treatment apply here as well if equality is a goal in society? Does this particular situation deserve an exception, yes or no?

Debate.

I know this will spark a lot of heated posts but keep it respectful please. As for the questions, they are broad for a reason. They are obviously not exhaustive as countless others can certainly be asked.
    Last edited by Doctobe; 08-13-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Re: If a woman hits a man first ...

What an amazingly great question! If a woman hits a man first......what is the move? This has happened 4 times to me unfortunately and here's my stories.....but I think every instance is unique and should be dealt with delicately.

When you are young like in early grade school sometimes the girls like-like boys and bully them, it is a weird thing. They want attention and attack the boys. This is like 2nd to 4th grade. ----solution Run or use some verbal strategy saying "You love me....you want to kiss me". This calms them down. My two nephews got tortured by these giant fat ugly 3rd graders and this strategy worked. Of course I was embarrassed they were bullied by girls but I remember I kinda went through the same thing. A sister will attack you as a kid but learn quickly you are stronger, generally through wrestling.

As you get older you learn to NEVER hit a woman...and this is like 95% of the time. So this is like 5th grade to early university/college.

Now as a young adult circumstances like alcohol, drugs, and insanity kick in.

It is acceptable to protect yourself. But it is important to keep the mindset of the other person with the PRIORITY of compassion. Be the better person. I know its hard when someone attacks you but that's why stories like this can help people.

My best advice is for the stronger bigger male to smother a psycho-woman in a time of insane rage. Hug them hard, let them cry, use your weight to wear them out psychically and mentallty. Just say "its ok, its ok, calm down" in a nice voice Some girls don't like being broken up with, they are unstable, they throw things and scream (neighbors call cops). One time it lead to sex and it was awesome, but that just shows hows humans are basically animals.

I personally have had like 4 of these weird social escalations and two times the girls used drugs.

The only time I punched a girl she came at me with a knife, it was quick and I had no choice. I was 20 and another woman was flirting with me. My GF was jealous. She grabbed the biggest knife and chased me. I screamed, ran, tried to reason with her. We were already on the rocks, I didn't want to get stabbed. It was one punch, broken nose and I drove her to the emergency. By law I could have snapped her neck if I wanted to, but I pitied her insecurity. We had a long chat she sobered up and we never talked again. We agreed that our families would never know the situation, it was over, and no need to speak again. Of course I was mortified for a in guilt for a month even though I did nothing wrong!

So to answer your question.......never hit a girl......when cops show up a man will never win in the end, the woman's crocodile tears will win over any person or jury over the truth. If a situation comes to this, then the relationship is rotten anyway, a man must cut all losses and basically run.

I would say women use emotion and men logic. But when the line is crossed, emotion kicks and NO ONE WINS, because men are stronger and women know they can exploit public sympathy.

Hashtag smother and contain!
    Last edited by Administrator; 08-15-2014 at 04:12 PM.

If you're in a situation where you and a woman may come to a point where she may want to slug you then you should be prepared to block the punch rather than take it and hit back. If she swings again... block again. If she is trying to slap you... use your own judgement, but personally... I prefer to block.

The only problem... when you block effectively and she hurts her arm because you blocked her... it will be your fault... not hers.

The thread title is " If a woman hits a man first...." So blocking is too late. You got hit.

It's not a good outcome anyway you play it. I do defensive martial arts with my nephews and trust me my arms are yellow and brown and green with bruises....them too.

It's like a car accident on ice....take the guard rail or the ditch not the head on collision.

To me....use calm words, watch the tone and volume.....let people vent and be heard.....they will deflate soon enough.

Well... I guess I'm disqualified. I don't let myself get hit by women. I'll stand my ground and concede the point when proven wrong, won't slap or hit, but won't be slapped or hit either.

Other people don't make you angry... You make yourself angry.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Well... I guess I'm disqualified. I don't let myself get hit by women. I'll stand my ground and concede the point when proven wrong, won't slap or hit, but won't be slapped or hit either.

Other people don't make you angry... You make yourself angry.
    There is no way to win a physical battle with a woman. Even if you were to "win", you would be the loser.

The best way to win and piss her off ! Just walk away.

Yes that works too if its a slap or single punch. If you have some crazed maniac shrieking and crying and running at you over and over that strategy doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Yes that works too if its a slap or single punch. If you have some crazed maniac shrieking and crying and running at you over and over that strategy doesn't work.
    Sometimes you just gotta...

Almost nothing ever happens to her, but if he defends himself, guess what he's arrested

I don't think hitting your partner in any way is acceptable but if you hit someone back as a direct reaction to being hit then it is.

The woman knows from living with the abusive man that there are no simple answers. Friends say: “He’s mean.” But she knows many ways in which he has been good to her. Friends say: “He treats you that way because he can get away with it. I would never let someone treat me that way.” But she knows that the times when she puts her foot down the most firmly, he responds by becoming his angriest and most intimidating. When she stands up to him, he makes her pay for it—sooner or later. Friends say: “Leave him.” But she knows it won’t be that easy. He will promise to change. He’ll get friends and relatives to feel sorry for him and pressure her to give him another chance. He’ll get severely depressed, causing her to worry whether he’ll be all right. And, depending on what style of abuser he is, she may know that he will become dangerous when she tries to leave him. She may even be concerned that he will try to take her children away from her, as some abusers do.

You gotta do what you gotta do. It is shameful that the police will always take the woman's side. My buddy was accused of rape , when she tried to blackmail him out of $2,000.