+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vonage - VoIP

Vonage - VoIP

I used to be customer with Vonage before they completely dropped the ball. I had new service started in Oct. 2004 and had great service, until I moved residence in May 2005. After I moved and set-up my computer and reconnected my Vonage router I had no service. I called in to customer service and they tryed to help me. but it did no good...the service was dead. I was transfered to the Acct. Management dept. were a guy assured me that I would have my service reestablished in a couple days...that he was taking care of it. Couple days later...no service. Call back in to the Acct. management dept. and got someone else to hrlp me. They had no record of my original call and I had to start from the beginning again. They then decided to send me a new router to fix the problem and it would be shipped overnight.

2 days later...no router and no service. Call in again and agian the rep I spoke to had no record of my 2 previous calls. I wanted to cancel, but they convinced me to allow them to resend another router. I agreed. Again, no router and no service several days later. I was also billed for my service that month and the router at $99.94.

My last and final call was the same as all the rest. They had no record of my original calls, but wanted to keep me as a customer. I allowed one final attempt to fix the problem (I liked the service and wanted it to work). They never sent the router again, but they actually charged me for the new router this time...WHAT? I now have been billed for 2 routers at $99.94 and monthly service...even though I have not had service since I moved.

I finally had to call in with my attorney to finally get this squared away. The point of this post is to 1.) let me vent and 2.) to through a red flag up about a service provider. I am sure they will get better as the company grows, but be aware that they are horrible in customer service at this point.

Thanks for letting me vent and sorry if this made no sense.

Re: Vonage - VoIP

Your situation is unfortunate. I had a good experience with Vonage, although I cancelled within my first month. I just wanted to try the service. Customer service was fine. I was thinking of eventually switching over to Vonage again in the future. Maybe your experience is a product of this company growing too quickly for its customer service center.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannine111
    Your situation is unfortunate. I had a good experience with Vonage, although I cancelled within my first month. I just wanted to try the service. Customer service was fine. I was thinking of eventually switching over to Vonage again in the future. Maybe your experience is a product of this company growing too quickly for its customer service center.
    I truly believe that is true. The company growing way too fast. Like most tech companies the majority if the call volume is handled overseas and is impossible to communicate with the reps on the phone. I just can't believe they do not keep record of the calls made into their retention/customer service dept.

I love VoIP, but Vonage lost a customer in me. :(

Both are awesome its 2 bad you had that happen..... Great prices and product....

Vonage is has the worst customer service ever. We cancled our service because the modem was "defective" so they say but we could never get a dial tone. They said they were going to send us a new modem but we told them not to because we were going to cancel our service. Well they sent it any way. Anyways, I held for almost 40mintues to get someone one the phone to cancel the service. I was told I would be charged $40 to cancel I was upset but said ok. Not only did they charge me $40 but $79.99 for the "defective" modem and $99.94 for the 2nd modem we didn't want. This started back in the begining of february and just today (march 23rd) is when I finally got all my money back. Every time I called I held for at least 30minutes and in some cases for over an hour. Becareful if you need a manager because you get put back in line for another 30min or so. I am extreamly upset with how awful the service is. DO NOT GET VONAGE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doshea3714
    I was told I would be charged $40 to cancel I was upset but said ok. Not only did they charge me $40 but $79.99 for the "defective" modem and $99.94 for the 2nd modem we didn't want.
    I believe the user agreement that I received said that they would charge you $40 when you cancel, but it gets refunded if you return all the equipment within 14 days (maybe it was 10). I'll have to take a look later if I get the chance.