+ Reply to Thread

Closing the loop

In April of 2012 I came on here looking for information about Zeek Rewards and confirmed to to be a scam. My friend who I've referred to many times went in against my advice for 21k.

Well he just got word from the SEC receiver that he will get just over 12k back. Lesson learned.

Re: Closing the loop

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    In April of 2012 I came on here looking for information about Zeek Rewards and confirmed to to be a scam. My friend who I've referred to many times went in against my advice for 21k.

Well he just got word from the SEC receiver that he will get just over 12k back. Lesson learned.
    Well thats something anyway. I wonder how much of the original $21k was retained by the receivership ?

Well, at least he got SOMETHING back!

He's lucky...:rotz:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by noagenda View Post
    Well thats something anyway. I wonder how much of the original $21k was retained by the receivership ?
    I would bet 20% plus. Lawyers being lawyers and all.

Oddly enough I am working with an SEC appointed receiver to help unwind a Ponzi scheme here in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Well, at least he got SOMETHING back!

He's lucky...:rotz:
    Damn right, but in this case it was known from day one that there was over 300 mil in the bank when the SEC took it down.

Damn right, but in this case it was known from day one that there was over 300 mil in the bank when the SEC took it down.
    Could you share a little more about your recent dinner with the public personae? It sounded exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    Could you share a little more about your recent dinner with the public personae? It sounded exciting.
    Not so exciting. Rove was the Keynote at a meeting of an industry organization I'm a member of. Lots of high profile Texas politicians. I am not a big shot in any way but I know a few. That got me to the same table as rove and we had a some laughs. Talking about Hillary he said she was not going to run based on the brain injury. This of course hit the media big time a few months later and he was mocked everywhere but Fox.

Love or hate the man you can't take away how smart he is. He has a head for numbers like no one I ever talked to.

Not so exciting. Rove was the Keynote at a meeting of an industry organization I'm a member of. Lots of high profile Texas politicians. I am not a big shot in any way but I know a few. That got me to the same table as rove and we had a some laughs. Talking about Hillary he said she was not going to run based on the brain injury. This of course hit the media big time a few months later and he was mocked everywhere but Fox.

Love or hate the man you can't take away how smart he is. He has a head for numbers like no one I ever talked to.
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like an memorable evening. I wonder what his thoughts about MLM might be?
    Last edited by Richard 3; 08-15-2014 at 07:21 PM.