+ Reply to Thread

Is Spamming necessary for MLM ?

SPAM is an internet virus. There's so many different forms of spamming. Is it necessary in your business or MLM downline? Is it ethical? Does it have to happen?

Now I am not talking about a newsletter for members.
    I am not talking about people that want your emails.

I am talking about buying email lists, buying black SEO software and spamming message boards like scam.com (God knows I delete 100s a day of these a-holes)

Is this still in this day and age is spamming even worth it? I know most spam I get doesn't even get to my inbox so is it even worth it.

Re: Is Spamming necessary for MLM ?

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    SPAM is an internet virus. There's so many different forms of spamming. Is it necessary in your business or MLM downline? Is it ethical? Does it have to happen?

I am talking about buying email lists, buying black SEO software and spamming message boards like scam.com (God knows I delete 100s a day of these a-holes)

Is this still in this day and age is spamming even worth it? I know most spam I get doesn't even get to my inbox so is it even worth it.
    Necessary for MLM? Nope...

Why is spam necessary for promoting any business is the question??!!

SPAM is an UGLY word now...why any business would use it is beyond me...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

If you have bought an email list of people who have opted in to receive information or if you have acquired a list of business emails and you provide a real, working way for them to opt out it isn't spamming. With that said I'd venture to say fewer than a third of the people that buy lists know the laws. Many don't even know how to properly use the Email program utilizing their list.

Lists should be a tool to expand your market. It's no different than any advertisement I receive in the mail at home. They can be a legitimate marketing tool when used properly but aren't absolutely necessary to build a successful MLM business.

The garbage that you are getting here on the forum of late come from a multitude of Russian, Serbian, SE Asian, Filipino and Indian sources. There are basically three types. The first is promotion of businesses they have an interest in on legit sites. The second and most prominent is promoting business interests using hacked domains where they create hidden pages on someone else's domain. Many times these links will also contain or lead to other areas where malware is distributed. The third is spamming links to promote clients who have hired them to enhance their SEO. These all appear on all types of forums and not just MLM.

In the case of these messages you are getting slammed with, make sure you have the most recent version of the BB software so that you have a chance at using a Captcha version on your registrations that hasn't been widely cracked yet. Obtain a list of Black Market IP addresses so you can ban certain NetRanges, or build your own db of violators and you will see common ones you can block yourself. You will also see username and email trends that make them easier to spot on registration and you can delete them before they come back day, weeks or months later to bomb your site. It won't eliminate the problem but it can put a dent in it and piss off fewer of your users who hate wading through them.
    “The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs.” ― Wally Lamb

It just seems to me if you ever sign up for something it is endless emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post

Amway bans spamming and always has. Most MLM related spam I see isn't even MLM, it's people selling BS lead generation systems etc

So no, not necessary.

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool

I hate all spam. I have a separate gmail (junkmail) account for all these offers. It is annoying and I would never ever ever buy from spam.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryPoter View Post

the folks at the top build emailing lists via stolen data generated by their downlines

the reason one joins and is ASAP given a general website which routes data into other servers

Jonathan Budd is building up his email last as we speak via the suckers who shelled out $500 for his MLM solar opp