+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Scientist Makes Startling Discovery -- Then FIRED by Closed Minded Bigots!

Why can't these closed minded BIGOTS just accept pure science then revise their own view of the world?

University Silences Scientist After Dinosaur Discovery

07/23/2014

​Los Angeles, CA—A scientist was terminated from his job at a California State University after discovering soft tissue on a triceratops fossil, and then publishing his findings. Pacific Justice Institute filed suit, yesterday, with the Los Angeles County Superior Court, against the board of trustees of CSU, Northridge, citing discrimination for perceived religious views.

"Terminating an employee because of their religious views is completely inappropriate and illegal," commented Brad Dacus, President of PJI. "But doing so in an attempt to silence scientific speech at a public university is even more alarming. This should be a wakeup call and warning to the entire world of academia," he continued.

While at a dig at Hell Creek formation in Montana, the scientist, Mark Armitage, came upon the largest triceratops horn ever unearthed at the site. When examining the horn under a high-powered microscope back at CSUN, Armitage was fascinated to see the soft tissue. The discovery stunned members of the scientific community because it indicates that dinosaurs roamed the earth only thousands of years in the past rather than going extinct 60 million years ago.

According to court documents, shortly after the original soft tissue discovery, a university official challenged the motives of Armitage, by shouting at him, "We are not going to tolerate your religion in this department!"

Armitage, a published scientist of over 30 years, was subsequently let go after CSUN abruptly claimed his appointment at the university of 38 months had been temporary, and claimed a lack of funding for his position.
    This was news to him, and contradicted prior statements and documents from the university.

- See more at: http://www.pacificjustice.org/press-....cN9i6lUA.dpuf

Last edited by conserv4ever; 08-02-2014 at 03:57 AM.

Re: Scientist Makes Startling Discovery -- Then FIRED by Closed Minded Bigots!

Mark Armitage is not a "scientist" in the field of biology, archeology or anything related to that.

He's a microscope technician. He repaired microscopes at the university...

He was a temporary employee and his employment ended when the budget for it ended. If he didn't understand that he was a temporary employee, it's his own fault.

He might have fallen out with his supervisors based on his religious beliefs, but it's not clear that it had anything to do with the termination of his employment.
    That might be determined in the lawsuit, but until then we don't know.

Soft tissue has been found in dinosaur fossils before. An example is a Tyrannosaurus Rex find, where it was explained by iron present at the site of the body, which preserved the tissue enclosed in the rock. No "young earth" theory needed to explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Why can't these closed minded BIGOTS just accept pure science then revise their own view of the world

Your right conserve it was dishonest of this technician to lie. To mid use his employers reputation and lie about his position and credentials.

Also to draw false conclusions and claim peer review when it was a pay service.

In order to further the views of his organization. The institute for creation research.

That is what you were getting at right?

We must stand up to these religious bigots.

Haters gotta hate.

Haters gotta hate.
    Yes, why do you hate science so much?

Haters gotta hate.
    Yeah really.

Just about every "fact" in your article is a lie or increadably questionable.

How exactly are we the haters?

Sounds to me like you are just suspending your basic morality so you can hate on those who disagree with you for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    I assumed he was referring to himself...

But if not, I'll have to second your question... let's see if he can explain!

Haters gotta hate.
    finally a RATIONAL statement we can at least agree with!? like WATER is WET!? of course without PROPER CONTEXT it just sounds SILLY!? or SELF DESCRIPTIVE possibly as THAT would be the SHORT of it if we are to be COMPLETELY objective here!? not that any such THANG will ever be REALIZED despite the scientific method!? you see it's ALL about JUMPING the GUN!? now which side would you RATHER be on!? the HOLDER or the attemped DISarmer!? well as we can SEE it's OBVIOUS which side you are ATTEMPING to RULE BY!? the god GUNNERS!? best of BOTH worlds perhaps!? too bad JOBe didn't have GUNS when he was in the CROSSHAIRS of the gods!? did you see that FUNNY commercial about SHOOTING down DRONES with a SILENCER!? (no such thing exists) it's really a SUPRESSOR that comes NOWHERE close to TV BASED gun noise REDUCTION and WHO can AFFORD it at $1500.......maybe the 1% er's ENABLERS!? :judges: : :bah:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Haters gotta hate.
    Grasping at straws, huh?! U just hate facts and truth, don't you? Delusion, lies and myth is what you seem to adhere to!

Wake up!!

Too funny!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Yeah really.

Just about every "fact" in your article is a lie or increadably questionable.

Sounds to me like you are just suspending your basic morality so you can hate on those who disagree with you for no good reason.
    Ouch!! He must REALLY hate that!

Haters gotta hate!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Haters gotta hate.
    Looks like we won't get an answer... he bailed out of this one!

It's easy to throw out accusations, but not as easy to stand up to them when challenged!

Spector doesn't get humor.

It was MOSTLY a joke, but not entirely (every joke has an element of truth).

I was responding as a liberal would respond when they reject opinions AND facts simply because they discount the source. THAT makes a "hater."

IF you actually looked into this issue with an OPEN MIND, you'd see the circular logic employed by "scientists" who have blindly accepted evolutionary THEORY.

For the record, I NEVER believed dinosaurs existed alongside Man, but that doesn't mean that scientists have it right when they determine a dinosaur bone is 70 million years old.

Can you explain EXACTLY how they calculate the age? Almost nobody gets it right! Will you?

An intro that may help explain it...

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/benton.html

I didn't ask for reading material. I asked for "your" explanation. Humor me.

That explains it much better than I could. I know a little about geology and sedimentation and how the deeper you go the older the rocks and so on. I also know a little bit about radioactive dating... very little. Not enough to actually explain it, but just enough to know where to look for more information should I need it.

If you do not accept that... that's your issue, not mine.

Spector doesn't get humor.

It was MOSTLY a joke, but not entirely (every joke has an element of truth).

I was responding as a liberal would respond when they reject opinions AND facts simply because they discount the source. THAT makes a "hater."

IF you actually looked into this issue with an OPEN MIND, you'd see the circular logic employed by "scientists" who have blindly accepted evolutionary THEORY.

For the record, I NEVER believed dinosaurs existed alongside Man, but that doesn't mean that scientists have it right when they determine a dinosaur bone is 70 million years old.

Can you explain EXACTLY how they calculate the age? Almost nobody gets it right! Will you?
    1.For it to be humour it actually has to funny and make people laugh.
    2. This is the religious forum not the political forum. Please make up your mind.
    3. People responded by doing research or rather recalling a story they heard several months ago and they responded by pointing that several facts in your article were incorrect and exaggerated. You responded by ignoring the now obviouse falsehoods and suggest people who don't believe them must be haters.
    4. If every explanation could be written on a match book than weed still be living in caves. Sometimes things take work. How about you do some and read the links provided. Remember YOU are the one who is questioning the knowledge and ability of people with actual working knowledge on the topic (the experts that you disagree with) it's up to you to explain why you think that several million people from over a hundred countries and religions are incompetent.

5. Do you have an open mind? You seem to ignored every fact provided and refused to read the information provided.

So once again why are we haters?
    You are the one calling people bigots and your own example doesn't support that claim very well.