+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

All the people that "have seen the light" scam

Walk to the light, go to the light. How many movies, tv shows, books talk about the near death or death experience of having seen the light? I think its a scam. Let's say, God forbid, you get into an accident. I think the decades of your life "hearing about the light" from everywhere tricks your brain into manifesting a "light" experience. It is like an urban legend that ran out of control like a runaway train. I would love some real debate on this issue.:::

Re: All the people that "have seen the light" scam

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Walk to the light, go to the light. How many movies, tv shows, books talk about the near death or death experience of having seen the light? I think its a scam. Let's say, God forbid, you get into an accident. I think the decades of your life "hearing about the light" from everywhere tricks your brain into manifesting a "light" experience. It is like an urban legend that ran out of control like a runaway train. I would love some real debate on this issue.:::
    The human mind, once it latches onto an idea, can be a very tricky thing....the concept of 'going to the light' when u die is likely biblical in origin, if I had to take a guess...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

There are many references to light in the Bible. My favorite is Revelation 21:23

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

In heaven, there is God's glorious light and angels are bright beacons of light; there are numerous other references to light in the Bible. Mostly, it relates to goodness, darkness being evil. Isn't that interesting, the universe is a dark and dangerous place, the antithesis of heaven (see prophets explanations of heavenly experiences).

How do atheists explain references to light in the Bible? Oh, I know, it must be psychological. Crazy believers invented the idea while sitting around a campfire. Realizing the campfire made them warm, they made up Bible stories.

Light and darkness seem to be more than a reflection of nature, colors also have theological meanings. Regardless of one's believe, why are there so many references to light in the Bible? Mostly, light is related to the Lord God and angels. How about Satan? Before being expelled from heaven, Satan was a bright beautiful angel. Then, he became a dark evil force.
    Last edited by Cnance; 08-10-2014 at 07:35 PM.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

I guess you can have an OPINION (everybody does), but what's the point. UNTIL you've had the experience, you have no more credibility on the subject than anybody else. I defer to those who have actually experienced it. You'll know in a few short years, but you're not likely to come back and tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    I guess you can have an OPINION (everybody does), but what's the point. UNTIL you've had the experience, you have no more credibility on the subject than anybody else. I defer to those who have actually experienced it. You'll know in a few short years, but you're not likely to come back and tell us.
    I referred to the Bible. Assuming you think the Bible is wrong, explain! Mostly, what you do is attack. By your remark about my demise, it sounds like your condemning me like an obnoxious preacher. It makes one want to say, humans are a despicable species You certainly are not a Christian.

Point out where the Bible does not state what I posted!
    Last edited by Cnance; 08-10-2014 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I referred to the Bible. Assuming you think the Bible is wrong, explain! Mostly, what you do is attack. By your remark about my demise, it sounds like your condemning me like an obnoxious preacher. It makes one want to say, humans are a despicable species You certainly are not a Christian.

Point out where the Bible does not state what I posted!
    I didn't read your post. I was responding to the OP. Boy, you're always on defense. Must bother you that I really don't care what your opinion is.

By your remark about my demise, it sounds like your condemning me like an obnoxious preacher.
    WHY? What do YOU think your fate is after death?
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 08-11-2014 at 12:39 AM.

I didn't read your post. I was responding to the OP. Boy, you're always on defense. Must bother you that I really don't care what your opinion is.

WHY? What do YOU think your fate is after death?
    That is a lame excuse, my post preceded your reply. You ought to be more careful. We can't read your mind. Oh, what a terrible thought.

Yes, it bothers me a lot that you don't care. Your opinion is so, so, very valuable. You must be at the top of everyone's most arrogant people list.
    :2gunsfiring_v1::sun_smiley::judges:
    Last edited by Cnance; 08-11-2014 at 12:05 PM.

There are many references to light in the Bible. My favorite is Revelation 21:23

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

In heaven, there is God's glorious light and angels are bright beacons of light; there are numerous other references to light in the Bible. Mostly, it relates to goodness, darkness being evil. Isn't that interesting, the universe is a dark and dangerous place, the antithesis of heaven (see prophets explanations of heavenly experiences).

How do atheists explain references to light in the Bible? Oh, I know, it must be psychological. Crazy believers invented the idea while sitting around a campfire. Realizing the campfire made them warm, they made up Bible stories.

Light and darkness seem to be more than a reflection of nature, colors also have theological meanings. Regardless of one's believe, why are there so many references to light in the Bible? Mostly, light is related to the Lord God and angels. How about Satan? Before being expelled from heaven, Satan was a bright beautiful angel. Then, he became a dark evil force.
    As I thought...and why is anyone surprised when people see 'the light' when they're on their way out?!

If that's what people 'believe' happens, cause they read it in the bible, or hear it from society at every turn, that's what's been set up in their minds to happen...it's no surprise to me that people see 'the light', it's what they've been conditioned to experience!!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    As I thought...and why is anyone surprised when people see 'the light' when they're on their way out?!

If that's what people 'believe' happens, cause they read it in the bible, or hear it from society at every turn, that's what's been set up in their minds to happen...it's no surprise to me that people see 'the light', it's what they've been conditioned to experience!!
    You can make a strong psychological argument for the important of light in everyone's life. I suppose that can be an argument for why Bible authors relied on light to define goodness. However, in the Bible there seem to be more references to light than may be expected according to common usage. I don't know how you would make a study of that. Perhaps comparing the Bible to other famous books, etc.

That is a lame excuse, my post preceded your reply. You ought to be more careful. We can't read your mind. Oh, what a terrible thought.

Yes, it bothers me a lot that you don't care. Your opinion is so, so, very valuable. You must be at the top of everyone's most arrogant people list.
    :2gunsfiring_v1::sun_smiley::judges:
    Bitch, bitch, bitch... You are a woman aren't you.

Here's how this all works. If I quote you (rarely), I am responding to you. If I don't, I'm adding my 2 cents on the thread topic (almost always).

Now answer my question I posted for you.

What happens after death -- in your opinion, and what is the source of your belief?
    Last edited by conserv4ever; 08-11-2014 at 01:44 PM.

I truly believe in heaven and God. My belief is pragmatic and very basic.

God=s love
    God gave us this earth as a blank slate.
    Free will to all humans, and we are f**ked it up royally.
    Cancer and death and all pain is from our actions/reactions as humans.
    Respect each other, do unto others and you want to be treated
    Life is Simple. Love, be loved, pass on this to next generations.
    Bible is 50% bullshit, its a storybook and should not be taken literally.

I do think that "seeing the light" is a scam and the brain doing a trick that movies/tv/books programmed into us.

Bitch, bitch, bitch... You are a woman aren't you.

Here's how this all works. If I quote you (rarely), I am responding to you. If I don't, I'm adding my 2 cents on the thread topic (almost always).

Now answer my question I posted for you.

What happens after death -- in your opinion, and what is the source of your belief?
    Too bad you can't say those things to my face, you would get a more direct response. I don't like being insulting, and I won't reply to one who insults. Say it with civility and I may reply. :sun_smiley::judges::angel:

Too bad you can't say those things to my face, you would get a more direct response. I don't like being insulting, and I won't reply to one who insults. Say it with civility and I may reply. :sun_smiley::judges::angel:
    '

But you do it so well! I see you've attended the Lexx School of Smilies

That's okay ma'am, I already have your beliefs on the afterlife. I just wanted you to post them so I could make a point of your foolishness. I'll make the point without your help -- only references to your other posts on the afterlife. Stay tuned ma'am.

I think we have a new hall monitor here at scam.com

A better version is coming, but this makes the point.

THIS is how you do humor Spector

Cnance is a VERY hateful person! She says, when I die, there is NO AFTERLIFE. I will become dust and rot in the earth!

Last edited by conserv4ever; 08-11-2014 at 07:57 PM.

A better version is coming, but this makes the point.

THIS is how you do humor Spector

Cnance is a VERY hateful person! She says, when I die, there is NO AFTERLIFE. I will become dust and rot in the earth!

well hells bells and balls i am IMPRESSED that you MADE a little CARTOON and then PROMISED a BETTER 1 LATER!? if we could consider all the LATERS that have been PROMISED FOREVER i guess you FALL into the MIDDLE of the PACK!? only cause i think you might have some PROMISING potential to be FORTHCOMING!? for ME it BOILS down to.............can YOU inspire/AWAKEN ME to find out whats in the BACK PART of the shelves in my REFRIGERATOR!? :errr: :chicken: : :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you