+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Science

Science

OMG (no pun intended)

I am starting to understand how Joe and Conserve can be so freaking goofy. I have repeattly asked people in person or online for a shred of scientific evidence. So on a lark I searched for

"is there any scientific evidence of any bible story"

I came upon a site that is a true gem. It is actaully funier than the onion and in fact I thought it was a gag site until I read a few pages.

Enter www.genesis-creation-proof.com

Here is my favorite so far

Truths about the Solar System

When you come to understand the truth on this topic, you will see that reality agrees with the Bible. (Since the Bible is the inspired word of the Creator God, and since Jesus mentioned when praying to the Father that “thy word is truth”, should we be surprised?)

The truth about the solar system is confirmation of Genesis Creation Proof.

Is it really possible that the following statements are true – and that they can be proven to be true?

• The earth does not revolve around the sun.

• The earth does not rotate on its axis.

• The sun revolves around the earth.

• NASA bases rocket launches on math for a stationary earth.

• If the earth did move as fast as we are told it does, it would lose its atmosphere.

Actually, we could make many more such true statements, each going against what we were taught in school.

Keep reading at the links on this page – and other pages on this site.

There is no way to debate this mindset. If you in this age really think that the earth is the center of everything or that uttering gibberish is god talk or that a magic boat got all the animals and saved them from a flood that did not happen then you are truly beyond hope.

Prove me wrong. Show me one verifiable proof of a bible story being true. The sun stood still, the flood , the red sea parting, 2 of every animal on one boat, creation, pillar of salt, virgin birth, anyone ever raised from the dead, any mountain being moved by prayer.

You guys are so sure, then prove it. Should be easy.

Re: Science

I grabbed a Kindle copy of "There was no Jesus, there is no god"...A little dry here and there but overall...VERY interesting...

Re:solid verifiable "Proof" of either of them existing? so far...it doesn't look good....

In this unique book, sceptical Religious Studies scholar, Raphael Lataster, seeks to merge the accessibility of popular atheistic writings, with the rigorous scholarly research normally limited to academic journals and monographs. Avoiding the seemingly endless debates on the social impacts of religion, There Was No Jesus, There Is No God is only concerned with the evidence. The base content of this fully referenced tome of free-thought has been peer-reviewed by leading scholars in the fields of History, Philosophy, Biblical Studies and Studies in Religion.

Part 1 reveals the spurious nature of the sources used to establish the truth of Christianity and the existence of Jesus, and the equally spurious methods employed by many Biblical scholars. A brief interlude then leaves no doubt that the existence of the Christ of Faith is virtually impossible, and concludes that even the existence of a stripped-down Historical Jesus is uncertain. Bayesian reasoning is shown to justify sceptical views on many topics, including the existence of God.

Part 2 shifts the focus to the God of classical theism and monotheism, examining the evidence and arguments from scientific, historical, and philosophical perspectives. The inadequacy of the case for God is found to easily justify non-belief (atheism). Furthermore, considerations of alternative gods and conceptions of God, lead to game-changing concerns for Christians, Muslims and Jews.
    I'm curious to see what our resident 'believers' have to offer in support of their beliefs, aside from a 'leap of faith' that is...;-)
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Prove me wrong. Show me one verifiable proof of a bible story being true. The sun stood still, the flood , the red sea parting, 2 of every animal on one boat, creation, pillar of salt, virgin birth, anyone ever raised from the dead, any mountain being moved by prayer.
    There is a country name Israel. There is a Jordan river. There were Pharoahs in Egypt.
    There's evidence of great floods. We know that virgin birth is possible (in vitro).

Apply your same logic about the big bang "theory". The universe was created out of nothing. Some big bang resulted in the universe being formed and planets perfectly aligned and rotating around each other, some sustaining life. And you think this was some random chaotic event?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Amazing find, Tom! :yelcutelaughA:

I love the "proof" they offer for a stationary earth:

http://www.genesis-creation-proof.co...tationary.html

The site appears to take most of the "proof" from a book by called The Verses of Deus by Dr Yasser Shaban. It can be found here:

http://www.versesofdeus.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    There is a country name Israel. There is a Jordan river. There were Pharoahs in Egypt.
    There's evidence of great floods. We know that virgin birth is possible (in vitro).
    Ok I guess I have to be a tad more specific. The things i listed were not garden variety things like countries and kings but you knew that. Pick one a bit harder.

As for floods, yes there is evidence of huge floods when ice dams formed over 100's of thousands of years broke and flooded half of the now USA. Note the 100's of thousands of years. Not 4000.

Apply your same logic about the big bang "theory". The universe was created out of nothing. Some big bang resulted in the universe being formed and planets perfectly aligned and rotating around each other, some sustaining life. And you think this was some random chaotic event?
    The laws of physics were followed. Mass and inertia make it easy to picture planets perfectly aligned and rotating each other. The big bang theory is just that. Science does not claim to have all the answers and is perfectly willing to change as new discoveries are made.

Christianity is willing to change too, but as a matter of convenience. No meat on Friday comes to mind. The rapture, not in any bible, not even close, is taught in Sunday schools across the world but not the fact that it was made up by an 18th century Englishman.
    Last edited by tomInAustin; 07-23-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I grabbed a Kindle copy of "There was no Jesus, there is no god"...A little dry here and there but overall...VERY interesting...

Re:solid verifiable "Proof" of either of them existing? so far...it doesn't look good....

I'm curious to see what our resident 'believers' have to offer in support of their beliefs, aside from a 'leap of faith' that is...;-)
    You don't know what any of those big words mean. Well according to joe anyway.

Speaking of Kindles. On the advice of several friends I upgraded to the Paperwhite model. Oh man, i love it. I had one of the first ones with the side buttons and keyboard. Well worth the 150 bucks for 3g model.

You don't know what any of those big words mean. Well according to joe anyway.

Speaking of Kindles. On the advice of several friends I upgraded to the Paperwhite model. Oh man, i love it. I had one of the first ones with the side buttons and keyboard. Well worth the 150 bucks for 3g model.
    Isn't it AMAZING technology?!

I love it too!

I've been reading much more since I got Kindle-ized...I love the fact that you can look up every word for definitions etc...simply amazing...I LOVE IT!!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Ok I guess I have to be a tad more specific. The things i listed were not garden variety things like countries and kings but you knew that. Pick one a bit harder.

As for floods, yes there is evidence of huge floods when ice dams formed over 100's of thousands of years broke and flooded half of the now USA. Note the 100's of thousands of years. Not 4000.

The laws of physics were followed. Mass and inertia make it easy to picture planets perfectly aligned and rotating each other. The big bang theory is just that. Science does not claim to have all the answers and is perfectly willing to change as new discoveries are made.

Christianity is willing to change too, but as a matter of convenience. No meat on Friday comes to mind. The rapture, not in any bible, not even close, is taught in Sunday schools across the world but not the fact that it was made up by an 18th century Englishman.
    In bold...just like atheists!! Yep!!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

There is also A country called England, does that mean that harry potter is true? This doesn't make any sense what so ever. Almost single book that has every been written fits the criteria you describe.

Now this is just being completely and utterly dishonest. We already had this conversation.

THERE IS NO EVIDENCE FOR A WORLD WIDE FLOOD. What evidence you did provided said the exact opposite of what you said it did and than you promptly failed to follow up with anything else.

I even dragged you back into that conversation to make sure you were clear on this matter so you wouldn't circle around and do just what you are doing now.

Try learning about what the theory actually says and how things work.

You are the only person here who thinks it's random and you are doing so using a 4th graders understanding of the solar system and physics.

and the Admin wonders why so many people are becoming atheist.

To put it's simply it's because of people like you and conserve. Who parade around your ignorance and selective morality like a badge of honor instead of mark of shame that it is.
    Last edited by Spector567; 07-23-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    THERE IS NO EVIDENCE FOR A WORLD WIDE FLOOD. What evidence you did provided said the exact opposite of what you said it did and than you promptly failed to follow up with anything else.
    You took evidence that said there could well have been a great flood and said that was evidence that I was wrong.

My Bible says nothing about a worldwide flood. I'm not so sure the people who scribed those scriptures even knew the concept of "world wide" at the time. The other term you used was global. I doubt that word was known back then as well.

You're trying to compartmentalize the entire debate over the two words great or global. But I don't see the term worldwide or global when I read the story of Noah in my Bible.

Genesis 7 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Great Flood

7 Then the Lord said to Noah, “Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation. 2 You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female; 3 also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of all the earth. 4 For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made.” 5 And Noah did according to all that the Lord commanded him. 6 Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters were on the earth.
    Last edited by Joecool44; 07-23-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

You took evidence that said there could well have been a great flood and said that was evidence that I was wrong.

My Bible says nothing about a worldwide flood. I'm not so sure the people who scribed those scriptures even knew the concept of "world wide" at the time. The other term you used was global. I doubt that word was known back then as well.

You're trying to compartmentalize the entire debate over the two words great or global. But I don't see the term worldwide or global when I read the story of Noah in my Bible.
    With respect joe how about you try reading the entire chapter and not just part of it.

[1] And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

[2] That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

[3] And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

[4] There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

[5] And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

[6] And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

[7] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
    Was mankind destroyed? No it wasn't.

If you are going to treat the bible as literal truth and try to rework what it says in random portions or say parts are translation errors than maybe you should actually read the bible.

Does this sound like a local flood to you?
    I think it's very clear that ALL of mankind and all animals were to be destroyed for there wickedness.

I also take it that you will no longer be mid representing ideas you don't understand and that you understand that most books use geography and current/historical events no matter there accuracy.

With respect joe how about you try reading the entire chapter and not just part of it.

Was mankind destroyed? No it wasn't.

If you are going to treat the bible as literal truth and try to rework what it says in random portions or say parts are translation errors than maybe you should actually read the bible.

Does this sound like a local flood to you?
    I think it's very clear that ALL of mankind and all animals were to be destroyed for there wickedness.

I also take it that you will no longer be mid representing ideas you don't understand and that you understand that most books use geography and current/historical events no matter there accuracy.
    Well, now you did it!!

You skeered him off...

Maybe conserv will drop in with some valid proof to save the day for jokey.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Well, now you did it!!

You skeered him off...

Maybe conserv will drop in with some valid proof to save the day for jokey.
    I'm sure he'll be back in another thread making the same claim all over again as if the other 10 times he brought it up didn't exist. Saying to himself that it's not that he was shown to be wrong its' that the rest of us were to "close minded" and didn't accept his lack of evidence as evidence and we should all suspend our concepts of morality and honesty.

All while they give themselfs a self congradulatory pat on the back for disagreeing with athiests......

Of course the reality is that athiests are the MINORITY of people that they disagree with. They are in reality disagreeing and attacking christians.

Why do they do this? It certainly isn't because they have faith in the bible. Because if it was actually about the bible they would have taken the time to read it.

Genesis 7 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Great Flood

7 Then the Lord said to Noah, “Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation. 2 You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female; 3 also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of all the earth. 4 For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made.” 5 And Noah did according to all that the Lord commanded him. 6 Noah was six hundred years old when the floodwaters were on the earth.

Oh man, you accuse people of taking things out of context and then post this? Really?

You are a very dishonest debater. You do what you accuse others of over in MLM forum.
    Last edited by tomInAustin; 07-24-2014 at 10:02 AM.

I'm sure he'll be back in another thread making the same claim all over again as if the other 10 times he brought it up didn't exist. Saying to himself that it's not that he was shown to be wrong its' that the rest of us were to "close minded" and didn't accept his lack of evidence as evidence and we should all suspend our concepts of morality and honesty.

All while they give themselfs a self congradulatory pat on the back for disagreeing with athiests......

Of course the reality is that athiests are the MINORITY of people that they disagree with. They are in reality disagreeing and attacking christians.

Why do they do this? It certainly isn't because they have faith in the bible. Because if it was actually about the bible they would have taken the time to read it.

He seems to think he got a moral victory because the bible doesn't use the word global. Well duh, the sheep herders that wrote it had no clue of globes and global. But the term "all the world" is pretty specific.

Yep, he'll likely make the claim that he "schooled" everyone too...delusional people are always so...delusional...

Why? IMO, they're deluded into thinking they're doing the 'lords will', and good ol hypocrisy...that's my take on it...
    Last edited by ohein56; 07-24-2014 at 10:25 AM.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard