+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Are you afraid of dying ?

I personally am not afraid of dying. I had a good run and embrace the afterlife. Getting old sucks and I miss being 20 years old. So Lord, take me I am ready.

There are many unknowns in our lifetime that will occur but one thing is for certain, we will all die in the end. This is fear that many people have and sometimes it is completely unfounded. They may be having dreams that they are going to die and that can be very frightening. Some individuals are afraid to leave their children alone so they worry about it.

In many instances a fear of death can be the result of someone you love dying. They may have had cancer that could be hereditary in nature. They may have died in a car accident and you are afraid it may happen to you as well. It is natural for all of us to worry about death from time to time though. Yet it can consume some people and they are afraid to do anything that a person normally would.

If you donít have something comforting to believe in upon death though you may be very worried about it. If you believe there is a heaven and a hell but you havent been good enough to go to heaven it could be a concern. In such an instance though your efforts should be focused on being happier with your choices. That way you wont have to worry about what will happen to you when you die.

Conflicting choices for how the body will be disposed of upon death can be an issue too. Some people want to be cremated but their spouse feels they should be buried side by side. They worry that if they die first their wishes wont be respected. Yet it is very possible to put your own wishes into a will so you can offset that type of worry about death.

For most of us, we know we will one day die. Most of us have no idea when it will take place or how it will happen. Yet we just choose not to think about it as the likelihood of it occurring today arent very high. Many individuals that know they are going to die from an illness though generally come to peace with it by that time. Those that havent should seek counseling to help make it more acceptable for them and their family.
    Debate the latest Political News at Scam.com. Read today's posts and please register to be able to contribute.

Re: Are you afraid of dying ?

based on another THREAD discussion,i was thinkin the HONEST ATHIEST would most likely NOT fear DEATH!? : :judges: :crazy1: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

I am ready for Heaven right now. I had a good run. God take me now, pretty please. This world sucks. Weezy I'm coming to see you!

I love God and not afraid of death :)

Well if you are satisfied with your life and believe in God why would you be afraid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by t3choo View Post
    Well if you are satisfied with your life and believe in God why would you be afraid of it.
    I'm afraid of death.
    Cat Police - SF

I fear not living, more than I fear death.

Every form dies. It's how it works...

Live now, in the moment.

Strive to live in state of gratitude.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    I'm afraid of death.
    What is that what scared you ? Do you belive in God ?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    I'm afraid of death.
    I'm kinda surprised Rich...

Merry Xmas too by the way!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I fear not living, more than I fear death.
    You fear face to face meetings.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    You fear face to face meetings.
    You fear truth...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

You fear truth...
    What is truth?
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

What is truth?
    No doubt, you wouldn't recognize it if you saw it...you ignore evidence that goes against your 'belief'/'faith'...it's obvious.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

No doubt, you wouldn't recognize it if you saw it...you ignore evidence that goes against your 'belief'/'faith'...it's obvious.
    So you can't even answer the question?

What is truth?

So you can't even answer the question?

What is truth?
    I'm not surprised you asked the question...at all.

Evidence usually points in the general direction of truth, confirmed by more than one objective source. Click here
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

No reason to afraid of dying if you begin some religion if not you should be scared. I just don't know what atheists think will happen after dead