+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 34

  1. #1
    conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,259

    The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    That might as well be the title of this part of the Forum. I'm thinking THIS wasn't the intent when setting up this part of the Forum. Sad to see it abused by these two nut jobs.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    15,510

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    It seriously depresses me on a serious personal level that so many people are atheists. It makes my days very off sometimes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    I wouldn't necessarily call this the "Christianity is a scam" forum. Granted... it is the most discussed in here of the major religions, but (and I'm sure the atheists in here would agree) the problem with "religion" be it Christianity, Islam, Judiasm, Scientology or whatever god one may worship... there's certainly enough of them out there... is CONTROL!

    It is the fact that they seek to control people's lives. I recall reading... somewhere (before the internet)... that, depending on which sect of Islam you adhere to, you have to wipe your ass a certain way and with a certain hand or it's an offense. SERIOUSLY!!!!

    God loves a cheerful giver, but you had better tithe 10% of your gross to Him (actually his designated religion as dictated by that religion... after-all, God is God and doesn't need the money).

    Religion demands a 'Dark Age' where they have total, unquestioning control. The Catholic Church filled that void nicely after the fall of Rome. Just look at the social and scientific advancements that took place once Roman culture/civilization was out of the way! There wasn't any. In fact we lost/forgot knowledge.

    What we need more of...

    https://screen.yahoo.com/medieval-barber-000000006.html


    Yeah... let's put religion in control. That worked out well for everyone!

    .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,438

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    That might as well be the title of this part of the Forum. I'm thinking THIS wasn't the intent when setting up this part of the Forum. Sad to see it abused by these two nut jobs.
    Ohein is a mindless troll just copying and pasting things from atheist websites. I don't even think he bothers to read his stuff before he posts it. That's why his stuff is so easy to debunk. Don't feel too bad, he relentlessly trolls and takes threads off topic on the MLM scam forum.

    Not even sure why he's there other than for trolling because he hasn't been in an MLM since 2006 and he hasn't made any money in MLM, but he's there defending MLM like his life depends on it. It could be that his dead end job leaves him a lot of free time so he needs something to do. At least it's a plausible explanation.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,549

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Well... I had my little rant. Sorry I vented on this. My whole point here is that Christianity gets blasted here because that is what is most often brought up here... it's what most of us know.

    I'm certain if a Moslem or Scientoligist went on about their religions in the same way many Christians do here they'd get the same treatment.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily call this the "Christianity is a scam" forum. Granted... it is the most discussed in here of the major religions, but (and I'm sure the atheists in here would agree) the problem with "religion" be it Christianity, Islam, Judiasm, Scientology or whatever god one may worship... there's certainly enough of them out there... is CONTROL!

    It is the fact that they seek to control people's lives. I recall reading... somewhere (before the internet)... that, depending on which sect of Islam you adhere to, you have to wipe your ass a certain way and with a certain hand or it's an offense. SERIOUSLY!!!!

    God loves a cheerful giver, but you had better tithe 10% of your gross to Him (actually his designated religion as dictated by that religion... after-all, God is God and doesn't need the money).

    Religion demands a 'Dark Age' where they have total, unquestioning control. The Catholic Church filled that void nicely after the fall of Rome. Just look at the social and scientific advancements that took place once Roman culture/civilization was out of the way! There wasn't any. In fact we lost/forgot knowledge.

    What we need more of...

    https://screen.yahoo.com/medieval-barber-000000006.html


    Yeah... let's put religion in control. That worked out well for everyone!

    .
    OK if i DIDN't say this BEFORE.....JAX and PAUL are REAL people over here at scams!? did i forget PEREGRINE!? ....of coors after 3 BEERS MAYBE IT'S first COME FIrST served!?:sun_smiley: : rryumy: :yelcutelaughA:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    It is the fact that they seek to control people's lives. I recall reading... somewhere (before the internet)... that, depending on which sect of Islam you adhere to, you have to wipe your ass a certain way and with a certain hand or it's an offense. SERIOUSLY!!!!
    Their are several myths about Islamic toilet practices... but the only mention of this in the Quran is that you are required to wash your hands after being at the toilet. (Which I can actually agree to!)

    However, there are cultural practices around toilet behaviour in Islamic societies: which foot you are to use when stepping over the toilet treshold, that you shouldn't eat while at the toilet and so on. A man should not touch his genitals with the right hand... Some of these are really hygienic practices from old days, but were put in a religious context to make sure people observe them.

    Even orthodox Jews have some rules such as saying a prayer when leaving the toilet in which they thank God for the orifices used to defecate/urinate! (Makes sense, since those orifices are pretty important for the procedure in question)

    But your post is correct: Every religion has ways of controlling people. It's in the very core of organized religion.

    Lucius Annaeus Seneca was right when he said:
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Ohein is a mindless troll just copying and pasting things from atheist websites. I don't even think he bothers to read his stuff before he posts it. That's why his stuff is so easy to debunk. Don't feel too bad, he relentlessly trolls and takes threads off topic on the MLM scam forum.

    Not even sure why he's there other than for trolling because he hasn't been in an MLM since 2006 and he hasn't made any money in MLM, but he's there defending MLM like his life depends on it. It could be that his dead end job leaves him a lot of free time so he needs something to do. At least it's a plausible explanation.
    All you do is avoid topics. You responded to one and claim victory. I have posted dozens

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Well... I had my little rant. Sorry I vented on this. My whole point here is that Christianity gets blasted here because that is what is most often brought up here... it's what most of us know.

    I'm certain if a Moslem or Scientoligist went on about their religions in the same way many Christians do here they'd get the same treatment.
    I would love to see some muslims, mormons, and any other people that truly want to debate and not just call names.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    It seriously depresses me on a serious personal level that so many people are atheists. It makes my days very off sometimes.
    I'm curious. Does it bother you if someone is a muslim, or mormon? IS any god better than no god?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    That might as well be the title of this part of the Forum. I'm thinking THIS wasn't the intent when setting up this part of the Forum. Sad to see it abused by these two nut jobs.
    God & christianity IS a big ol scam...what's your point?

    Once again, two 'nut-jobs' seem to be 'controlling' the MLM forum too!!

    My what POWER u give to your antagonists!!!

    Try taking a stand and showing up with something other than hatred and leaps of faith to back your play!!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Ohein is a mindless troll just copying and pasting things from atheist websites. I don't even think he bothers to read his stuff before he posts it. That's why his stuff is so easy to debunk. Don't feel too bad, he relentlessly trolls and takes threads off topic on the MLM scam forum.

    Not even sure why he's there other than for trolling because he hasn't been in an MLM since 2006 and he hasn't made any money in MLM, but he's there defending MLM like his life depends on it. It could be that his dead end job leaves him a lot of free time so he needs something to do. At least it's a plausible explanation.
    Yes yes, we know you're obsessed...that's nice, jokey...run along and go play now...play nice...don't forget your towel for nap-time...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    That might as well be the title of this part of the Forum. I'm thinking THIS wasn't the intent when setting up this part of the Forum. Sad to see it abused by these two nut jobs.
    Conserve i'm going to assume that you are being ironic. Considering that you have started the most threads in this forum and in most of those threads you have choosen to attack athiests or people you think are athiests because they don't believein in the same thing you do exactly the way you think they should. Something I continue to find surprising since you still haven't bothered to read the book you want everyone to take literally.


    Are you honestly complaining that athiests and other christians who disagree with you responded back?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    It seriously depresses me on a serious personal level that so many people are atheists. It makes my days very off sometimes.
    I don't get it. Why?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,438

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I don't get it.
    Finally you might be onto something!
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: The "Christianity is a Scam" Forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Finally you might be onto something!
    What, onto the fact that he's "seriously depressed that so many people are atheists."...?!

    Uh huh...so, what now captain obvious?!

    Can you answer why for him??, since you know all it seems, can't wait to hear your answer...?:judges:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 10:43 AM
  2. Old folks "addicted" and "brainwashed" in massive mail order scam
    By Pissed Off 2 in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 02:34 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 07:44 AM
  4. This forum needs to change it's name to "Bash Bush" Bash America"
    By Worried_in_the_USA in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 05:29 AM
  5. I reported that 12dailypro is being SLANDERED on this "forum."
    By autosurfqueen in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 08:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •