+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Abuse of Children in Atheistic Public/Godvernment Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
    and now conserve bravely runs away again. After failing to complete an argument and failing to read let alone respond to half the rebuttals.

All in service to conserves "wider" audience....... and he thinks that I'm arrogant.
    As I've said a few times, he really can't be that stupid. I think he's just a troll.

and now conserve bravely runs away again. After failing to complete an argument and failing to read let alone respond to half the rebuttals.

All in service to conserves "wider" audience....... and he thinks that I'm arrogant.
    Yep, I've heard it said that one is often guilty of what one accuses others of...in this case it's certainly true!

And it's HIS THREAD!!!:yelcutelaughA:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Yep, I've heard it said that one is often guilty of what one accuses others of...in this case it's certainly true!

And it's HIS THREAD!!!:yelcutelaughA:
    It amazes me that anyone would come on to a religion scam board and try to debate anyway if all they had as proof was a book of mythology. So it makes perfect sense that he fires a shot and then hides until the smoke clears.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    It amazes me that anyone would come on to a religion scam board and try to debate anyway if all they had as proof was a book of mythology. So it makes perfect sense that he fires a shot and then hides until the smoke clears.
    OF course....it's what all religious apologists do...they can't back up their play cause it always boils down to 'faith'...if you aren't willing to take that plunge, their positions built on sand, and they know it...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Yes it is. But it is no where near equal to the size and scope of all the other organizations that you have chosen to lump together.

For instance:
    There are over 3,000,000 teachers in the US.
    and there are less than 40,000 Catholic Priests in the US.

In short there are 75x more teachers than there are priests so statistically I'd expect there to be 75x more abuse cases and that's only addressing teachers there are still hundreds of other institutions that would be included.

With respect what wider audience? I don't see anyone here jumping in to support you. Also anyone who happens across these posts is going to be able to see how others have already addressed your points.

and with due respect in what part of my post did I insult you?

Please point it out where I insulted you?
    I asked some fairly obvious questions and pointed out some fairly obvious scenarios.

As to your 255 educators........ I have a couple of very simple questions.
    1. How do you know that the individual educators are atheists especially considering the fact that the united states is 80% christian. Isn't it likely that 80% of those educators are Christian?
    2. How many of those educators were moved from school to school, for several years with full knowledge of the organization.
    3. How many of those education institutions purposefully and knowingly attempted to block and impede police investigations.

Because there is one MASSIVE point you keep ignoring.
    The catholic church KNOWINGLY and PURPOSEFULLY. Hid, moved around and shielded these sex offenders while at the same time pretending to be morally superior.

That is what people have a problem with.

We know that abuse happens in many professions and positions of trust. We know that there are abusive parents, teachers etc. from all walks of life and these people should be stopped and punished for the lives they have ruined. We also know that Priests are no more or less guilty than any other group.

HOWEVER, they are one of the ONLY and LARGEST organized group that actively Hid these abusers on such a large scale allowing them to hurt other people for decades.

Any other group at the very least fired these individuals and kicked them out of positions of trust, The catholic church just transferred them to another position out of the state or country, and has just now decided to defrock some of these individuals.

Why don't you have a problem with that behavior?
    I missed this...thanks for the lucid reply...IMO...conserve is a bible thumping brainless chump.

He deserved this one!

Nice!!

:ylsuper:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard