+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Abuse of Children in Atheistic Public/Godvernment Schools

They won't talk about this. It doesn't fit their agenda.

Link to the DOE Study http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research...iew/report.pdf

...But according to Charol Shakeshaft, the researcher of a little-remembered 2004 study prepared for the U.S. Department of Education, "the physical sexual abuse of students in schools is likely more than 100 times the abuse by priests."
    According to the 2004 study “the most accurate data available at this time” indicates that “nearly 9.6 percent of students are targets of educator sexual misconduct sometime during their school career.”
    While Weigel observes that the findings of Shakeshaft’s study do nothing to mitigate the harm caused by priestly abuse, or excuse the “clericalism” and “fideism” that led bishops to ignore the problem, they do point to a gross imbalance in the level of scrutiny given to it, throwing suspicion on the motives of the news outlets that are pouring their resources into digging up decades-old dirt on the Church.
    In 2004, shortly after the Shakeshaft study was released, Catholic League President William Donohue, who was unavailable for an interview for this story, asked, “Where is the media in all this?”
    “Isn’t it news that the number of public school students who have been abused by a school employee is more than 100 times greater than the number of minors who have been abused by priests?” he asked.
    “All those reporters, columnists, talking heads, attorneys general, D.A.‘s, psychologists and victims groups who were so quick on the draw to get priests have a moral obligation to pursue this issue to the max. If they don’t, they’re a fraud.”

No Apology, No Charges

He did what would be expected of any father

A Florida father who said he walked in on an 18-year-old man molesting his son Friday beat the individual unconscious and left him in a pool of blood.
    “I just walked in on a grown man molesting—,” the 35-year-old unidentified father told a 911 dispatcher, according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal. “And I got him in a bloody puddle for you officer.”

Asked by the dispatcher if he had used any weapons, the father responded, “My foot and my fist.”

“I didn’t proceed to ask him any questions sir,” he said. “He is nice and knocked out on the floor for you. I drug him out to the living room.”
    “He stood up and his pants were around his ankles and nothing else needed to be said,” the father added to the dispatcher. “I did whatever I got a right to do except I didn’t kill him.”
    The father then advised the dispatcher to deploy paramedics.
    “Send an ambulance. He is going to need one,” he said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ed-to-ask-him/

Re: Abuse of Children in Atheistic Public/Godvernment Schools

And this is all connected to atheism ....HOW EXACTLY?????!

Do the numbers justify the church and it's pedophile priests somehow?!

What are you saying here?

WTF!?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Re: No Apology, No Charges

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    He did what would be expected of any father

A Florida father who said he walked in on an 18-year-old man molesting his son Friday beat the individual unconscious and left him in a pool of blood.
    “I just walked in on a grown man molesting—,” the 35-year-old unidentified father told a 911 dispatcher, according to the Daytona Beach News-Journal. “And I got him in a bloody puddle for you officer.”

Asked by the dispatcher if he had used any weapons, the father responded, “My foot and my fist.”

“I didn’t proceed to ask him any questions sir,” he said. “He is nice and knocked out on the floor for you. I drug him out to the living room.”
    “He stood up and his pants were around his ankles and nothing else needed to be said,” the father added to the dispatcher. “I did whatever I got a right to do except I didn’t kill him.”
    The father then advised the dispatcher to deploy paramedics.
    “Send an ambulance. He is going to need one,” he said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ed-to-ask-him/
    so he's sayin he has a RIGHT to beat the guy up to near death!? for bringin his SON up WRONG!? :rotz: : :crazy1: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post

WTF!?
    Do you even know what an atheist is or do you just mindlessly post athiestic quotes like you do on the MLM forums?
    Last edited by Joecool44; 07-19-2014 at 02:27 AM.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

WTF!?
    Well, now we know you not only have trouble with grammar, but reading comprehension. too.

The first link in the OP... the DoE report... does not even contain the words atheist or atheistic. IMO, it is nothing more than a 'thank you Mr. Obvious' report. Of course there will be more instances of child sexual assault in public schools... there are more of them and more people attending and working in them than the Catholic/religious school systems.

The Florida father who beat the young man for sexually assaulting his 2 year old son has no relation to atheistic behavior. The father did what he had to do. He is quoted as saying he 'loved his God'... Ok... so what? If he was an atheist would he have not beaten the guy for assaulting his son? I don't think so. There is no indication in the article of the religious beliefs of young man who was beaten so we cannot assume any.

Public schools do not promote an atheistic environment... they simply cannot promote official school/state sanctioned prayer. Individuals or groups are allowed to pray as they see fit.

As mentioned in the OP... the media has focused more closely on the Catholic sex scandal(s)... it sells. We hear of these scandals all the time in public schools, but the Catholic schools are really 'done in' by the media. I suppose it's because their schools are, for the most part, providing a better education and are thought of as more exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post

As mentioned in the OP... the media has focused more closely on the Catholic sex scandal(s)... it sells. We hear of these scandals all the time in public schools, but the Catholic schools are really 'done in' by the media. I suppose it's because their schools are, for the most part, providing a better education and are thought of as more exclusive.

The ONLY relevant responses.

Yes, Public Education is HOSTILE to Religion. That makes it the same as Atheistic.

The Florida assault was something I came across immediately after. I could have put it in Political, but I thought it was appropriate here. An authority figure (if only by age) abusing a child. Teachers and Priests should expect the same treatment. Parents should always be careful leaving their child alone with nan adult. You just never know.

Yes, Public Education is HOSTILE to Religion. That makes it the same as Atheistic.
    How is it hostile to religion?

Because it asked government employees and administrators to not be hostile to other people based on there religion?

Or do you think it's OK to attack children because they don't follow the same religion as you.
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/1...ect=no&oswrr=1

Kinda like how this school asked a kid to basically leave because he wasn't christian.

do you think Mormons should be able to harass other christian sects?
    Should the LDS teachers be able to kick out students who had a blood transfusion?
    How would you like to go to a graduation ceremony and have someone start giving a sermon on Josphe smith?

Separation of church and state protects everyone.
    You just don't know enough about history, other religions or the 2000 sects of your own religion to realize how it has protected you.

The Florida assault was something I came across immediately after. I could have put it in Political, but I thought it was appropriate here. An authority figure (if only by age) abusing a child. Teachers and Priests should expect the same treatment. Parents should always be careful leaving their child alone with nan adult. You just never know.
    Priests should expect the same treatment.

Why didn't they get it?

When a school finds a teacher abusing a student that teacher is fired, evidence is provided to the police and he is charged and go to jail.

When the church finds a priest abusing a kid. That priest is transferred, evidence is hidden, warrants are blocked and fought in the highest courts for years and they run out that statute of limitations. All this from an organization/group that claims to be morally superior.

I think parents have the right not to trust the Catholic church. It wasn't only the abuser that betrayed there trust but rather the entire organization.
    Last edited by Spector567; 07-19-2014 at 08:36 AM.

Yes, Public Education is HOSTILE to Religion.
    No they are NOT. They just don't allow prayer in public schools. That's not hostile to your particular gods religion.

That makes it the same as Atheistic.
    No, it does NOT. Bulls**t...

If I don't believe in something, it doesn't indicate hostility, it just indicates I don't believe in something?! I don't believe in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy...where's the "hostility" come in to the picture?!

So, where does Atheism enter into the picture...??

If someone has never even heard of any particular god or gods, HOW does that make them an atheist?

Do you believe in Horus? Click Here! Are you "hostile" towards him? If you don't believe in him, you must be "hostile"! What other explanation could there be!

His story is very very similar to another ones...you might recognize some of the similarities...though I doubt you'll be able to see past your bias...

The sun-god Horus was worshipped nearly 1,000 years before the story of Jesus. Check these parallels:

1.Both were conceived of a virgin.
    2.Both were the "only begotten son" of a god (either Osiris or Yahweh)
    3.Horus's mother was Meri, Jesus's mother was Mary.
    4.Horus's foster father was called Jo-Seph, and Jesus's foster father was Joseph.
    5.Both foster fathers were of royal descent.
    6.Both were born in a cave (although sometimes Jesus is said to have been born in a stable).
    7.Both had their coming announced to their mother by an angel.
    Horus; birth was heralded by the star Sirius (the morning star). Jesus had his birth heralded by a star in the East (the sun rises in the East).
    8.Ancient Egyptians celebrated the birth of Horus on December 21 (the Winter Solstice). Modern Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25.
    9.Both births were announced by angels (this si nto the same as number 7).
    10.Both had shepherds witnessing the birth.
    11.Horus was visited at birth by "three solar deities" and Jesus was visited by "three wise men".
    12.After the birth of Horus, Herut tried to have Horus murdered. After the birth of Jesus, Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.
    13.To hide from Herut, the god That tells Isis, "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child." To hide from Herod, an angel tells Joseph to "arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt."
    14.When Horus came of age, he had a special ritual where hsi eye was restored. When Jesus (and other Jews) come of age, they have a special ritual called a Bar Mitzvah.
    15.Both Horus and Jesus were 12 at this coming-of-age ritual.
    Neither have any official recorded life histories between the ages of 12 and 30.
    16.Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus. Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan.
    17.Both were baptized at age 30.
    18.Horus was baptized by Anup the Baptizer. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.
    19.Both Anup and John were later beheaded.
    20.Horus was taken from the desert of Amenta up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Set. Jesus was taken from the desert in Palestine up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Satan.
    21.Both Horus and Jesus successfully resist this temptation.
    22.Both have 12 disciples.
    23.Both walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, and restored sight to the blind.
    24.Horus "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus commanded the sea to be still by saying, "Peace, be still."
    25.Horus raised his dead father (Osiris) from the grave. Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave. (Note the similarity in names when you say them out loud. Further, Osiris was also known as Asar, which is El-Asar in Hebrew, which is El-Asarus in Latin.)
    26.Osiris was raised in the town of Anu. Lazarus was raised in Bethanu (literally, "house of Anu").
    27.Both gods delivered a Sermon on the Mount.
    28.Both were crucified.
    29.Both were crucified next to two thieves.
    30.Both were buried in a tomb.
    31.Horus was sent to Hell and resurrected in 3 days. Jesus was sent to Hell and came back "three days" later (although Friday night to Sunday morning is hardly three days).
    32.Both had their resurrection announced by women.
    33.Both are supposed to return for a 1000-year reign.
    34.Horus is known as KRST, the anointed one. Jesus was known as the Christ (which means "anointed one").
    35.Both Jesus and Horus have been called the good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, and the winnower.
    36.Both are associated with the zodiac sign of Pisces (the fish).
    37.Both are associated with the symbols of the fish, the beetle, the vine, and the shepherd's crook.
    38.Horus was born in Anu ("the place of bread") and Jesus was born in Bethlehem ("the house of bread").
    39."The infant Horus was carried out of Egypt to escape the wrath of Typhon. The infant Jesus was carried into Egypt to escape the wrath of Herod. Concerning the infant Jesus, the New Testament states the following prophecy: 'Out of Egypt have I called my son.'"
    40.Both were transfigured on the mount.
    41.The catacombs of Rome have pictures of the infant Horus being held by his mother, not unlike the modern-day images of "Madonna and Child."
    Noted English author C. W. King says that both Isis and Mary are called "Immaculate".
    42.Horus says: "Osiris, I am your son, come to glorify your soul, and to give you even more power." And Jesus says: "Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once."
    Horus was identified with the Tau (cross).

Approximately 46 Similarities were identified between these two, however some of the similarities are considered debatable. Although Im not confident about the authenticity of these parallels, I would like to know your opinion.
    Last edited by ohein56; 07-19-2014 at 10:29 AM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Do you even know what an atheist is or do you just mindlessly post athiestic quotes like you do on the MLM forums?
    Ok, smarty pants, YOU answer the question then?

Please explain and establish the Atheist connection, CLEARLY.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Ok, smarty pants, YOU answer the question then?

Please explain and establish the Atheist connection, CLEARLY.
    Thanks, you've just demonstrated that you cannot comprehend what you read.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Public schools are, by law, not allowed to promote one religion over another, or more accurately, promote 'state approved prayers'... it is viewed as adhering to separation of church and state. Going against that tends to piss a lot of people off. However, there is no law or regulation prohibiting students from gathering and forming their own prayer groups based upon their religious beliefs. At least that is how it is in my home state. Yours may be different.

The Florida assault is only related to atheism because you're squinting when you're looking at it. In reality it has no relation and would, like you said, been better placed in the Political forum... oh well.

They won't talk about this. It doesn't fit their agenda.

Link to the DOE Study http://www2.ed.gov/rschstat/research...iew/report.pdf
    Oh I'll talk about it. I'll talk about anyone that takes advantage of the weak. I'm glad you posted the link to the man that beat the abuser of his kid. There was a case in Texas a year or so ago where the perp was beat to death and we all applauded.

I really wish you would have serious debates. All you can do is point to libtards and agenda.

In the world when shades of gray exist, non binary thinking so to speak, one can talk about a corrupt system that protects child abusers. One that hides away the problem and ships them off to other places. I gave the simplistic example to Peggy about a car...

Much like if I say, "look that car is red". I am not saying all cars are red, just the ones that are red and in this case the one I was talking about that is red, not all cars. Get it?
    I know child abuse is rampant, not just by priests. Why I have no idea and I'd love to see capital punishment for extreme cases. But I don't divert attention away from one group by showing examples of another. The point you miss is that people like me are not so much pissed off at the priests over any other child abuser. They are no different than any pedophile that preys on kids they have power over. They are common criminals and should be dealt with the same as a teacher or camp counselor or scout leader. What boils my blood is the church system that sweeps it under the rug. Can't you see that? Or is it easier to just call me a liberal with an agenda?

So please debate the difference between regular old pervs, ones that prey on kids and a system that protects the priests.

You and I are a lot closer on many things than you know. I don't have kids of my own but I do have step kids, nieces, nephews, friends with kids that have grown up around me etc. If i caught anyone harming them in any way I would make headlines I assure you.

Here's the story in Texas back in 2012

A grand jury in Texas has decided not to indict a father who beat to death a man he found allegedly sexually abusing his young daughter.

Jesus Mora Flores was beaten to death on June 9 in Shiner, Texas, after the 23-year-old father allegedly discovered the 47-year-old Flores in a pasture on the family's ranch on top of his 5-year-old daughter with his pants and underwear down. (News organizations, including Yahoo News, are not naming the father in order to protect the identity of his daughter.)

A witness who saw Flores—a Mexican who legally worked at the ranch—"forcibly carrying" the girl into a secluded area of the property alerted the father, who followed his daughter's screams to the pasture, pulled Flores off her, and "inflicted several blows to the man's head and neck area."

After beating Flores, the father called 911.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/the-look...151942957.html

Sexual Abuse of children in the Catholic Church vs Atheistic Government Education:

A little perspective with an info-graphic. Interesting where some put their focus and what they IGNORE: