+ Reply to Thread

BTC-genesis offering work at home..scam or not??

can anyone tell me if this company is scam or not??
    they are offering me $2000 a month to deal virtual certifictes for them..is it a scam??
    can anyone give some input??

Re: BTC-genesis offering work at home..scam or not??

More information is needed to make a determination if that job offer is a scam.

What is the name of the company? BTC isn't enough information to find them.
    What is the address of the company?
    What is the phone number of the company?
    What is the website of the company?

What is the name of the person that contacted you?
    What is their job title?
    What is that person's email address?
    How and where did s/he find you?

Specifically what tasks are you suppose to perform?
    How often?
    How will you be paid?
    Can you post up some of the emails you were sent?
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

=Name of company=
    BTC-genesis Inc (they say they a europe based company trying to expand into US hence no offices as of yet only work at home jobs)

=Website =
    btc-genesis.com

=Contact details=
    (all contact is being made via HR department Julia Taylor via my email..
    she is in the HR department..her email address is hr@btcgenesis.com)

(they sent me a JOB OFFER first, saying private & confidential..it was from..
    Śięokrzyska, Warszawa
    00-046, Poland
    btc-genesis.com)

(then they sent me a contract to sign..which was from.. HR department, Julia Taylor, acting on the basis of the license 007589 of the one part)

=info they are asking about=
    name, address, phone number, referrals contact number, bank account and routing#(since they say i have to deal with virtual cerificates..and they are willing to cover all charges we pay while getting the bank accoount)

=job description=
    i have to deal in virtual certificates..they pay me $1700 for the one month of prabation and if hired they pay me $2000 monthly with contact covered phone & possibly a laptop

i am pasting here a part from the contract...
    1.Subject of the Agreement. 
 1.1. Employee is being hired by the Enterprise as an employee of exchange operations department to perform duties related to the Enterprise activity. 
2. Term of the Agreement. 
 2.1. The agreement is entered between the Enterprise and the Employee for the period of one year. The agreement can be extended if mutually agreed by the Employee and the Enterprise. 
3. General Provisions of the Agreement.
 3.1. By entering this Agreement the Employee acknowledges that the Enterprise is working in the field of purchase, selling and exchange of virtual certificates. 
 3.2. Performance of his immediate duties by the Employee shall be governed by the provisions of this Agreement.
    3.3. The Employee is subordinate directly to the Coordinator of Financial Operations hereinafter referred to as «Coordinator». 
 3.4. When performing his immediate duties the Employee has the right to:
    a) get help from the Coordinator when difficulties arise during transaction performance;
    b) agree time and amount of an operation with the Coordinator 24 hours prior the transaction start;
    c) demand from the Coordinator documents of the transactions performed (e.g. a check of certificates purchase by a Client from the Enterprise). 
d) demand revision of overstated or obsolete rates of financial, material, labor expenditures, etc.;
    3.5. Upon completion of an operation the Employee and Coordinator fill in the final report which is necessary and obligatory condition of currency exchange completion between Client and the Enterprise.
    3.6. The Employee has the right to express his personal opinion in regard of any issue of the Enterprise activity.
    3.7. The Employee is a full-fledged member of the Enterprise. 
 3.8. The Employee has the right, if necessary, to get acquainted with the rules of the Enterprise internal labor order, collective agreement, and labor legislation.

100% scam.

There is no job. There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be the "secretary/assistant/accountant" and will demand you accept a fake bank deposit. The deposit will be from a stolen credit card, hi-jacked paypal account or phished bank account. You are then suppose to withdrawal the money before your bank realizes the transfer was made with stolen money. You are suppose to send the "money" via Western Union or moneygram back to the scammer posing as the "supply company" while you "keep" a small portion. When the credit card/paypal/bank account owner realizes their money is in your account, your bank reverses the transfer now you get the real life job of paying back the bank for all the bank's money you sent to an overseas criminal.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:

1) Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
    2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
    3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
    4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
    5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
    6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

If you google "fake check cashing job", "fake job bank account Western Union scam", "money mule moneygram scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims of this type of scam.

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting. Even if you aren't interested in learning how to shut down a fake website, you can still post it up at a scambaiting site for someone else to "take care of".

I have also received this job offer and was emailed the certificate from Poland I have had it translated and saved to my computer. The certificate proves that its a legit company and that it was license to do business with many different countries I will proceed with caution as well as send the document to my lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by monroe120414 View Post
    I have also received this job offer and was emailed the certificate from Poland I have had it translated and saved to my computer. The certificate proves that its a legit company and that it was license to do business with many different countries I will proceed with caution as well as send the document to my lawyer.
    That photoshopped "certificate" proves NOTHING. How exactly can a Polish certificate prove that a company can do business in multiple countries anyway? It can't, it is a SCAM.

A lawyer does NOT know all the variations of scams out there. Just because s/he says it looks legit does NOT mean it is. It is a SCAM, you WILL lose money and maybe your freedom when the local law enforcement agency comes looking for you.

Proceed by deleting those emails from a scammer.

Got a similar email offer from a BTC-Local Inc. Sent them a link to this page and never heard back. Imagine that.

Hopefully i found the post about the company here)

Was a bit cautious about their offer

I received first salary payment already.. so will continue further.
    Actually, not sure as what to do next now. Hopefully this is not a scam

If something happens i will give a message here and update you guys. ( Applied for BTC locals, not for formation). Probably these are too different companies.

Quote Originally Posted by robertson1 View Post
    I received first salary payment already.. so will continue further.
    Actually, not sure as what to do next now. Hopefully this is not a scam
    The "salary payment" was via fake check, hijacked paypal address or stolen credit card. Once your bank realizes you have accepted stolen money, they will close your bank account and notify the local law enforcement agency. Continuing further will simply put you closer to time a permanent criminal record.

What you should do next is cease emailing those criminals and block their emails.

It IS a SCAM.

I think there many companies who are givings such offers I believe you first check if the company is registered and so check the company reputation. This will unveil everything