+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please debate this topic.

Kerry through one of his funny meme posters pointed out that our old reliable Leviticus says we may not eat pigs or any non finned non scaled sea creature. (11: 7 to 12)

It also says that a man that practices homosexual sex must be put to death. (20:13)

So my christian friends. Do you eat bacon, pork chops, shrimp, lobster and oysters?

Do you condemn homos?

I am pretty damn sure I am not taking this out of context. Am I?

Bonus points... Do you condemn homos while eating bacon wrapped shrimp?

Re: Please debate this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Kerry through one of his funny meme posters pointed out that our old reliable Leviticus says we may not eat pigs or any non finned non scaled sea creature. (11: 7 to 12)
    So my christian friends. Do you eat bacon, pork chops, shrimp, lobster and oysters?

Do you condemn homos?

I am pretty damn sure I am not taking this out of context. Am I?

Bonus points... Do you condemn homos while eating bacon wrapped shrimp?
    Acts 10:9-23

Peter’s Vision

9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

17 While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon’s house was and stopped at the gate. 18 They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there.

19 While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Simon, three[a] men are looking for you. 20 So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them.”

21 Peter went down and said to the men, “I’m the one you’re looking for. Why have you come?”

22 The men replied, “We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to ask you to come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say.” 23 Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests.
    It also says that a man that practices homosexual sex must be put to death. (20:13)
    John 3:16-18

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
    Too easy Tom. Back on ignore.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post

So you are saying that Christ invalidated the old testament rules completely?

Don't run away skeered yet!!

Is this just more biblical contradictions ...I thought god was perfect and all knowing?! WTF!? Why can't he make up his mind?

Is this where you get your tactic of moving the goal posts from, the bible!?

Quote Originally Posted by leviticus 11:9 - 12
    9 “Of all the marine animals, these are ones you may use for food. You may eat anything from the water if it has both fins and scales, whether taken from salt water or from streams. 10 But you must never eat animals from the sea or from rivers that do not have both fins and scales. They are detestable to you. This applies both to little creatures that live in shallow water and to all creatures that live in deep water. 11 They will always be detestable to you. You must never eat their meat or even touch their dead bodies. 12 Any marine animal that does not have both fins and scales is detestable to you.
    Why & how does the acts verse trump the leviticus verse?

Peters 'vision' was BS it appears...!!

I'll bet Peter wasn't willing to give up bacon & or shrimp, so he dreamt up this 'vision'!!!
    Last edited by ohein56; 07-15-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Don't run away skeered yet!!

Is this just more biblical contradictions ...I thought god was perfect and all knowing?! WTF!? Why can't he make up his mind?

Is this where you get your tactic of moving the goal posts from, the bible!?

Why & how does the acts verse trump the leviticus verse?

Peters 'vision' was BS it appears...!!

I'll bet Peter wasn't willing to give up bacon & or shrimp, so he dreamt up this 'vision'!!!
    That's why it's a waste of time. You can't read and comprehend, much less understand the Bible.

Leviticus chapter 11 lists the dietary restrictions God gave to the nation of Israel. The dietary laws included prohibitions against eating pork, shrimp, shellfish and many types of seafood, most insects, scavenger birds, and various other animals. The prohibitions were never intended to apply to anyone other than the Israelites. The purpose of the food laws was to make the Israelites distinct from all other nations

Jesus declared that all foods are clean (Mark 7:19). God gave Peter a vision in which He declared that formerly unclean animals could be eaten (Acts 10:9-23)

When Jesus died on the cross, He fulfilled the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:24-26; Ephesians 2:15). This includes the laws regarding clean and unclean foods.

Many things changed with the death and resurrection of Jesus, but not all things. You need to read and understand the scriptures in order to discern the differences. Something that Ohein is incapable of. All he can do is copy and paste things from an atheist website without even fully understanding what he is posting.
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Here's some food for thought from Sam Harris...
    Last edited by Administrator; 07-15-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quoting a flawed book written out of time and context with human control and agenda does not win any debates. You can't build a mansion on quicksand. All the quotes from the bible are pointless.

The real question is "what does your heart say?" . God is love and not fear, talk to him and it will all make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Quoting a flawed book
    The best selling book in the history of the world.

That's why it's a waste of time. You can't read and comprehend, much less understand the Bible.

Leviticus chapter 11 lists the dietary restrictions God gave to the nation of Israel. The dietary laws included prohibitions against eating pork, shrimp, shellfish and many types of seafood, most insects, scavenger birds, and various other animals. The prohibitions were never intended to apply to anyone other than the Israelites. The purpose of the food laws was to make the Israelites distinct from all other nations
    Why? Just curious..also, Rabbits do NOT "chew their cud", how did god miss that one? Also, insects don't have four legs. For an "all knowing" god, he sure has some reading up to do on biology?!

Jesus declared that all foods are clean (Mark 7:19). God gave Peter a vision in which He declared that formerly unclean animals could be eaten (Acts 10:9-23)
    He changed his mind, I get it. WTF?? Why!?

When Jesus died on the cross, He fulfilled the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:24-26; Ephesians 2:15). This includes the laws regarding clean and unclean foods.
    Explain this one!?

Many things changed with the death and resurrection of Jesus, but not all things. You need to read and understand the scriptures in order to discern the differences.
    I'll leave that to you...

Something that Ohein is incapable of.
    I'm capable, buit not willing...BIG DIFFERENCE.

All he can do is copy and paste things from an atheist website without even fully understanding what he is posting.
    Delusional as always...

Question, did you "fully understand" the bible before you enrolled yourself in it's myth 110%?

Last edited by ohein56; 07-15-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Why? Just curious..also, Rabbits do NOT "chew their cud", how did god miss that one? Also, insects don't have four legs. For an "all knowing" god, he sure has some reading up to do on biology?!

He changed his mind, I get it. WTF?? Why!?

Explain this one!?

I'll leave that to you...

I'm capable, buit not willing...BIG DIFFERENCE.

Delusional as always...

Question, did you "fully understand" the bible before you enrolled yourself in it's myth 110%?
    As I said, you can't comprehend what the Bible is saying so your routine is just to copy and paste quotes from atheists and from atheist websites. I doubt you even understand what you are posting at times. I fully explained the topic that was posted by the OP.

As I said, debating you on a subject you are clueless about is a waste of time. If you don't believe, that's your right, but I fully explained the original question posted on this thread. I'm sorry if you are unable to comprehend the answer.

As usual, you are just trolling. That's why I have avoided this forum and will go back into hiatus.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

The laws regarding clean and unclean meats are still in effect. No, I don't eat pork. Or cat or dog..

As I said, you can't comprehend what the Bible is saying so your routine is just to copy and paste quotes from atheists and from atheist websites. I doubt you even understand what you are posting at times. I fully explained the topic that was posted by the OP.

As I said, debating you on a subject you are clueless about is a waste of time. If you don't believe, that's your right, but I fully explained the original question posted on this thread. I'm sorry if you are unable to comprehend the answer.

As usual, you are just trolling. That's why I have avoided this forum and will go back into hiatus.
    So, ...what about 1 Peter 3:15?

You're not doing 'your job', jokey!

Keep the faith!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Rabbits do NOT "chew their cud", how did god miss that one? Also, insects don't have four legs.

For an "all knowing" god, he sure has some reading up to do on basic biology?!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    The laws regarding clean and unclean meats are still in effect. No, I don't eat pork. Or cat or dog..
    What about finned seafood?

So, ...what about 1 Peter 3:15?

You're not doing 'your job', jokey!

Keep the faith!
    Come see me in Honolulu and I'll spend all the time you want, to tell you about my faith. I'll even do it kindly.

Many things changed with the death and resurrection of Jesus, but not all things. You need to read and understand the scriptures in order to discern the differences. Something that Ohein is incapable of. All he can do is copy and paste things from an atheist website without even fully understanding what he is posting.

So where the rules about sleeping with other men, sisters, mothers, animals etc also just for the jews?

Why do you keep saying we don't understand the bible? I dare say I have read it more than you and my reading comprehension is far above average.