+ Reply to Thread

Why are men funnier than women ?

So I know already the title alone is going to make a lot of people mad, but I ask people to look past the urge to think "wow that is a really sexist thing to say" and really think about it.

When I look at all of the people I've known in my life, I honestly can't say I've met too many women that have a very strong sense of humor. Not only do they not crack jokes, or say witty comments too often that make me laugh, but it seems like they generally do not appreciate humor as much either.

I have heard a lot of comedians, and even the funniest female actors and comedians just don't seem to be on par with male actors and comedians. The ones that are actually funny even tend to adopt an un-feminine personality to reach some level of humor.

Is this just me not understanding the opposite gender, or is there some inherent part of women's brains where humor doesn't work the same way?

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Re: Why are men funnier than women ?

I've never thought female comedians were funny. At all. To me, their humor is usually vulgar and it just rubs me the wrong way coming from a woman. It makes them very UN-feminine.

There's a lot of good female comics out there that aren't vulgar. One that comes to mind...

It's a purely subjective topic anyway... Your opinion is just that... your opinion and my opinion is just that... my opinion. There is no right or wrong here... only one's point of view.

Personally, I don't take gender into consideration... 'is their narrative on their chosen topic humorous?'. It all depends on the chosen topic, the delivery and comedic timing.

I'm not saying there aren't funny women. I personally think Sarah Silverman is great too, but overall 10x to 30x more male comedians. Also in the office, its the guys that crack jokes, can make a joke anywhere in any situation. Toilet humor and crude humor is more enjoyed with men, whereas alot of women think it is stupid. Men are much more free spirits and don't care, and bond over a 'good time'. Where women gossip and complain. Just some observations.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Isn't that what the OP was saying men are better at? Men are better at timing and picking the narrative which makes them funnier than women comedians.

Consrv mentioned a woman comedian not coming across as feminine because of using vulgarity in the routine. I don't know if the OP was referring to women comedians not being as funny as men because of not appearing feminine, I didn't take it that way.
    The OP said, women don't have a strong sense of humor nor are they witty.

We need to pick the OP's brain to see why he feels men are funnier than women. It could have something to do with the way he views women and their femininity, morality etc. that leaves him not laughing.

I wonder if he finds male gay comedians funnier than a straight woman? I know he has a bit of a problem with gay men, may shed some light on how he views who is funny and who isn't.

I'm starting to think, who really cares? lol
    will YOU stop tryin ta CONFUSE US.........THAT'S MY job and you KNOW IT!? :rotz: : :judges: :smurf:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    I'm not saying there aren't funny women. I personally think Sarah Silverman is great too, but overall 10x to 30x more male comedians. Also in the office, its the guys that crack jokes, can make a joke anywhere in any situation. Toilet humor and crude humor is more enjoyed with men, whereas alot of women think it is stupid. Men are much more free spirits and don't care, and bond over a 'good time'. Where women gossip and complain. Just some observations.
    personally I dont LIKE toilet HUMOR but i am also AWARE that i cant POSITIVELY prove i'm a MAN gender OR otherwise!? :errr: :rotz: :chicken:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Women shy so that are less funnier than men. If women given practice they can lead men in this race.

Perhaps you're right about your opinion. I think I also agree with you because there are quite a number of women who are not so brave to perform hilarious actions in front of audience.

Women seem to be uptight and men simply don't care at all and like to get the rise out of the situation no matter how inappropriate...and that's the best comedy stories after the fact.