+ Reply to Thread

Happy 4th of July Members

All I knew about the 4th of July was that it was a government holiday day off from work and fireworks, so have a happy 4th of July weekend with your family and friends and BBQs and beers!

After some research, it is also called "Independence Day" - not the Will Smith blockbuster with aliens. This was when the United States pulled away from the British Empire officially and declared they were an individual country.

Americans celebrated independence on July 4, the date shown on the much-publicized Declaration of Independence.

So have a great day! I am going to watch the new Transformers movie and eat some yummy movie nachos!yb:

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Re: Happy 4th of July Members

Thank you, but it is Independence Day.

How appropriate this is today as a radical Communists executes a silent and bloodless coup to remake America according to Marx & Engles:

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Britain Obama, with an army to enforce her his tyranny, has declared that she has a right (not only to TAX) but "to BIND us in ALL CASES WHATSOEVER" and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God.

Whether the independence of the continent was declared too soon, or delayed too long, I will not now enter into as an argument; my own simple opinion is, that had it been eight months earlier, it would have been much better. We did not make a proper use of last winter, neither could we, while we were in a dependent state. However, the fault, if it were one, was all our own [NOTE]; we have none to blame but ourselves. But no great deal is lost yet. All that Howe has been doing for this month past, is rather a ravage than a conquest, which the spirit of the Jerseys, a year ago, would have quickly repulsed, and which time and a little resolution will soon recover.

I have as little superstition in me as any man living, but my secret opinion has ever been, and still is, that God Almighty will not give up a people to military destruction, or leave them unsupportedly to perish, who have so earnestly and so repeatedly sought to avoid the calamities of war, by every decent method which wisdom could invent. Neither have I so much of the infidel in me, as to suppose that He has relinquished the government of the world, and given us up to the care of devils; and as I do not, I cannot see on what grounds the king of Britain can look up to heaven for help against us: a common murderer, a highwayman, or a house-breaker, has as good a pretence as he.

The Rest of The Crisis

Oh my, didn't expect that one coming. I think it's funny everyone refers to it as "4th of July weekend" instead of "Independence Weekend". They should tighten up this phrasing, it is confusing to follow especially with all these "LOW LOW LOW PRICES" everywhere.

You Americans and your consumerism and capitalism.:rotz: Get the day off and you go to stores to run up your credit cards for crap you don't need and you can't afford and in doing so, ignore your families that yearn for attention; which will grow up empty, broken, from lack of love.

Brilliant traditions.
    Last edited by Administrator; 07-04-2014 at 10:00 AM.

You live in the North East. It's like wishing everyone a Happy December 25th. No big deal to me, but as we watch our freedoms slip away (you even said, we're not the freest People anymore), the proper phrasing is becoming more important each year.

This from The Crisis (Thomas Paine) concerning the soldiers following General George Washington, and the Torries Democrats:

All their wishes centred in one, which was, that the country would turn out and help them to drive the enemy back. Voltaire has remarked that King William never appeared to full advantage but in difficulties and in action; the same remark may be made on General Washington, for the character fits him. There is a natural firmness in some minds which cannot be unlocked by trifles, but which, when unlocked, discovers a cabinet of fortitude; and I reckon it among those kind of public blessings, which we do not immediately see, that God hath blessed him with uninterrupted health, and given him a mind that can even flourish upon care.

I shall conclude this paper with some miscellaneous remarks on the state of our affairs; and shall begin with asking the following question, Why is it that the enemy have left the New England provinces, and made these middle ones the seat of war? The answer is easy: New England is not infested with Tories Democrats, and we are. I have been tender in raising the cry against these men, and used numberless arguments to show them their danger, but it will not do to sacrifice a world either to their folly or their baseness. The period is now arrived, in which either they or we must change our sentiments, or one or both must fall. And what is a Tory Democrat? Good God! What is he? I should not be afraid to go with a hundred Whigs against a thousand Tories Democrats, were they to attempt to get into arms. Every Tory Democrat is a coward; for servile, slavish, self-interested fear is the foundation of Toryism Democratism; and a man under such influence, though he may be cruel, never can be brave.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    All I knew about the 4th of July was that it was a government holiday day off from work and fireworks, so have a happy 4th of July weekend with your family and friends and BBQs and beers!

After some research, it is also called "Independence Day" - not the Will Smith blockbuster with aliens. This was when the United States pulled away from the British Empire officially and declared they were an individual country.

Americans celebrated independence on July 4, the date shown on the much-publicized Declaration of Independence.

So have a great day! I am going to watch the new Transformers movie and eat some yummy movie nachos!yb:

Thank You! And may you have a great 4th as well. Enjoy the movie & nachos... maybe catch a fireworks show later.

===============

Yes... many people simply call it 'the 4th', but that does not mean we do not know what it really is and commemorates.

Have a Happy 4th everyone. :)
    Last edited by PaulM; 07-04-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Thank you, was a beautiful day. I have an old run down theater 2 miles from me and I walked. $5.50, not too bad. The movie was brutal, worst Transformers yet. Marky Mark was good, at least Shia LeBoof wasn't in it. Seemed liked they skimped on the special effects with the "new transformer" they created. Too cartoony. Next year conserv I will properly salute your day of Independence from the Brits. Apologizes sir. :greenchainsaw:

Thank you, was a beautiful day. I have an old run down theater 2 miles from me and I walked. $5.50, not too bad. The movie was brutal, worst Transformers yet. Marky Mark was good, at least Shia LeBoof wasn't in it. Seemed liked they skimped on the special effects with the "new transformer" they created. Too cartoony. Next year conserv I will properly salute your day of Independence from the Brits. Apologizes sir. :greenchainsaw:
    ALL this B.S. over date in HISTORY when WE could be CHATTING with BEAUTIFUL ASIAN WOMEN!? :liefde: : :yelcutelaughA: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

July 4th 2017, a LOT of us will be celebrating America's independence from the Obama administration! :yelcutelaughA:

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    July 4th 2017, a LOT of us will be celebrating America's independence from the Obama administration! :yelcutelaughA:
    and so it goes round and round FOREVER waiting for the PERFECT to appear in the minds of so MANY of different IDEALS!? : :errr: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you