+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234567891011 LastLast

Amway Reviews and Complaints

The complaints posted in this thread can be verified with the Federal Trade Commission through their serial numbers. Amway complaints were received through a Freedom of Information Act request by a pro-consumer group called ICCA, International Coalition of Consumer Advocates.

Re: Amway Reviews and Complaints

complaint# 45014505

This information has been sent to the Attorneys General in all 50 states and U.S. territories. Hopefully, all or some of the statesterritories and the FTC can band together as was recently done between the states of Illinois, Kentucky, and North Carolina, along with the FTC, to shut down another scam, FHTM (Fortune High Tech Marketing: http:www.ftc.govopa201301fhtm.shtm The Amway Tool Scam (ATS) refers to the hidden business behind the Amway business. When a prospect is shown the Amway business, they are NOT shown the much more lucrative ATS business. The ATS consists of various meetings, CDs, books, web site access, voice mail, etc., commonly referred to as “tools,” or more formally as BSM (Business Support Materials) sold by the upline IBOs (Independent Business Owners, e.g., distributors) to the downline within the Amway MLM, at huge profit margins. Only the top 1-2 of the upper level Amway IBOs make a profit from the ATS. The Amway business puts money in the IBOs’ pockets the ATS extracts this money, and more. For the past 4 decades, literally millions of IBOs have been ripped off for 10s to 100s of billions of dollars. Well over 99 of IBOs are known to operate at a net loss, thanks to the ATS and other practices which dramatically increase overhead costs. The upper level IBOs make 2 to 9+ TIMES more from the ATS than from Amway. Details of much of the above, and much more, can be found at stoptheamwaytoolscam.wordpress.com. For more information, contact me at b(6).

Quote Originally Posted by Rational Adult View Post
    The complaints posted in this thread can be verified with the Federal Trade Commission through their serial numbers. Amway complaints were received through a Freedom of Information Act request by a pro-consumer group called ICCA, International Coalition of Consumer Advocates.
    Let's go! Hope you have better than the, er, ''complaint'' you posted on the other thread.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

The CEO of this company stated that their external sales requirements were significantly less than the 70 FTC minimum requirement for MLM companies. I would like to report this company as being an illegal pyramid scheme for not meeting these requirements set out by your organization.

If you are a member of the U.S. Armed Forces - Retired If you have a foreign (non-US) address - No If you are shareholder, member, or limited partner - No Name of the product or service involved - Amway Tool Scam The dollar amount in dispute 10s to 100s of billions of dollars The date of the transaction - Ongoing for the past 4 decades Was the product or service advertised - Yes If so, indicate where and on what date - TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, online, etc., on an ongoing basis. Was a contract signed - Yes Identify your attempts to resolve the issue(s) with the company, corporation, or organization - Numerous emails, telephone calls, face to face meetings. Have you contacted another agency for assistance - Yes If so, what agency - FTC, various attorneys general Have you contacted an attorney - No If so, what is the attorney's name, address, and phone number - N/A Is court action pending - No Have you lost a lawsuit in this matter - No Briefly describe the resolution you are seeking - Stop the Amway Tool Scam, see below description:The Amway Tool Scam To whom it may concern, This information is being sent to the Attorneys General in all 50 states and U.S. territories. Hopefully, all or some of the states/territories can band together as was recently done between the states of Illinois, Kentucky, and North Carolina, along with the FTC, to shut down another scam, FHTM (Fortune High Tech Marketing: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2013/01/fhtm.shtm This results in these groups experiencing rapid upheaval and destruction. The recent California Pokorny class action lawsuit, one of very few that represented the "other 99%," ended with a whimper, with no changes to the ATS, despite repeated requests to the court to take action against the ATS. I was an IBO from January 1993 until I was terminated in September 2009, and have studied the ATS since early 2005. I KNOW what I am talking about. I do not exaggerate or make things up. I deal only in facts. The facts are I lost well over $100,000 and more importantly, a dozen years of my life chasing an illusion which not only clearly violates FTC Section 5 rules that prohibit unfair and deceptive business practices, but are obviously RICO fraudulent activity as well. Details of much of the above, and much more, can be found at b(6). For more information, contact me at b(6), or call me at b(6). Regards, b(6) --- CA Source: Web Form --- CA Status: Closed

On 3/25/13 We received a couple at our home.We know them since 15 years ago. b(6) and his wife b(6),they presented us a 'business' called Amway.Everything looked Ok,clear and legal because they have the Amway Application and they were talking that all was legal and it was going to be registered with Chamber of Commerce of California,and have a support team called Vission or in Spanish Equipo Vision which provides a book and some cd's for $70.00/month,they also include lots of Bible paragraphs on everything they present, etc. The problems started since right after we signed. We were not allowed to pay for anything with our debit or credit card, not with our checks all they wanted were cash. They didn't give us a copy of the application or contract for the 'Business', they promised to bring it back next time.Never did. Then the rush started: According to them we should do everything the way they said otherwise they would not warrant our success on the 'Business'.So, we tried to do as told: we went to their meetings or opens, to the seminar, and order products, register or recomend more people, we even subscribed or 15 years old son but, few days later we called the company AMWAY to ask about the validity of these people's actions. Amway defended themselves saying that every group have the right to develop their business their own way.When I asked about minors doing that kind of business and using them as examples that they are in 25% level. They said 'O no that can't be'. No minors of 16 are allowed to be an IBO at all.But the company don't care, there are many kids 14 years old learning how to get the cash from any people. The way AMWAY does it is by leaving the space blank where the Date Of Birth should be. What we need is our money back. We do not have any receipts, Amway's Address we have 7575 Fulton Street East Ada, Michigan 49355-0001 and Phone 616-787-5603 Contact person Jan Livingston Fax 616-787-7896.We'll appreciate any help. Thanks! b(6) Product_Or_Service: Business AgreementAccount_Number: IBO's b(6) --- Additional Comments: DesiredSettlementID: RefundWE want our money back as soon as possible.They owe us $626.00 as follows:2 support systems @ $70.00 each = $140.00 U.S.1 Minor's [email protected] $62.00 = $ 62.00 U.S.2 Transportation to Seminar @ $40.00 each = $80.00 U.S.2 Seminar Tickets @ $25.00 each = $50.00 U.S.6 Meetings or opens @ $5.00 each = $30.00 U.S.1 Trip to Paso Robles @ $40.00 = $40.00 U.S.+ Other expenses $224.0 = $224.00 U.S.

Mrs. Alicia Arines is part of Amway pyramid scheme and took my money. She promised that my $500 initial deposit would be returned to me within one month from "profit." Although this never happened, I understand now it is a fraudulent business. I am not concerned about the money. I am complaining because she has consistently called me and had her upline Aanand Kumaraswamy bother me and other friends/family also via social networking to lure us into their cult. They are trying to force us to buy their XS drinks and low quality makeup. I am asking that these unprofessional and ridiculous scammers please stop contacting innocent people via phone and facebook offering fake jobs at their so called company and forcing people to pay to attend their cult meetings. Thank You.

I was approached about six months ago at a CVS drugstore in Nanuet, New York by a woman who seemed friendly and struck up a conversation with me. I am very outgoing and like meeting new people and Dinea seemed very nice. After a little while we talked about what each of us do for a living and Dinea said she was "in marketing" and mentioned that she was looking for people to join her business. She invited me to interview for a job. I explained that I already have a job, but Dinea assured me that I could start out very part time if I wanted to and keep my current job.We made plans to meet at the Panera Bread in Nanuet, New York the following week. There Dinea spent some time telling me about "the business". Dinea showed me some of the products like energy drinks (she even gave me some samples, some of which I still have). I told Dinea that I am not interested in pushing products to friends, family and strangers. Dinea said that selling products is not the main part of the business, and that if I focused on recruiting I could make a lot of money like she has. At that point I started getting suspicious and asked Dinea what the company is. I had thought that this was a company she started, but now I was thinking it was some kind of scam. Dinea told me the company was Amway and alarm bells went off in my mind. I told Dinea I wasn't interested and left. It is abundantly clear to me that the "business opportunity" I was offered was not a real opportunity at all but a pyramid scheme - much like the one Bernie Madoff was running. I am asking you, the FTC, to ban MLMs. There are people who are desperate for a job, any job, or enticed by the claims of easy money and sign up for MLMs. The fact is that the overwhelming majority of people lose money when they try MLMs. Any business that permits unlimited recruiting and allows distributors to make commissions from other distributors sell should be deemed an illegal pyramid scheme without further investigation. I got lucky - I avoided the scam. But many others will be scammed every year until you stop this "industry".

complaint# 45014505

This information has been sent to the Attorneys General in all 50 states and U.S. territories. Hopefully, all or some of the statesterritories and the FTC can band together as was recently done between the states of Illinois, Kentucky, and North Carolina, along with the FTC, to shut down another scam, FHTM (Fortune High Tech Marketing: http:www.ftc.govopa201301fhtm.shtm The Amway Tool Scam (ATS) refers to the hidden business behind the Amway business. When a prospect is shown the Amway business, they are NOT shown the much more lucrative ATS business. The ATS consists of various meetings, CDs, books, web site access, voice mail, etc., commonly referred to as tools, or more formally as BSM (Business Support Materials) sold by the upline IBOs (Independent Business Owners, e.g., distributors) to the downline within the Amway MLM, at huge profit margins. Only the top 1-2 of the upper level Amway IBOs make a profit from the ATS. The Amway business puts money in the IBOs pockets the ATS extracts this money, and more. For the past 4 decades, literally millions of IBOs have been ripped off for 10s to 100s of billions of dollars. Well over 99 of IBOs are known to operate at a net loss, thanks to the ATS and other practices which dramatically increase overhead costs. The upper level IBOs make 2 to 9+ TIMES more from the ATS than from Amway. Details of much of the above, and much more, can be found at stoptheamwaytoolscam.wordpress.com. For more information, contact me at b(6).
    I think this ''complaint'' is from serial complainant by the name of Tex, someone who, like Joecool44 on here, failed at Amway and spends their entire lives complaining about it.
    Move along, nothing to see here folks.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Made sale of products to customer. Earned commission. Have $24.58 in commissions. Amway Representative said that it would be sent out. Never received.Amway supposedly changed their policy about how much of a commission is to have a check sent out to their ibo. The minimum is $25.00I am at $24.58 and have requested it twice now and have not received the check. The 1st call ended 2 weeks ago with their rep telling me that a check would be sent out. Called tonight and got stonewalled about their policy again. I would just like to collect my money and be done with them!!!Please help --- Additional Comments: Not really a refund, but I would just like to have the $24.58 in commissions sent to me directly and end my relationship end thereafter

Practice or Service Involved: Consumer believes they were are others were victims of Amway Tool Scam --- Resolution Sought: Other --- First Contact:In Person --- Transaction Method: At Home --- Disposition Group/Code:D40 Unable to Assist/D40 Lack of resources --- NAAG Category/SubCategory:'Mult-lvl Mrktng (Pyrmd,Rcrd/Gftng Clubs)'/'Mult-lvl Mrktng (Pyrmd,Rcrd/Gftng Clubs)'

UCCE, SPAMI continually receive spam from Amway. Uncolicited spam via their third party advertising group. I have never been to their website, never subscribed to any of their trade show lists. I am a competing network marketer and so they are targeting me which is illegal. I have called their company in attempts to log a complain and it is impossible to get through to anyone in regard. I will never be an Amway distributor ever, even if my life depends on it. I don't want their stupid artistry make up, I'm a man!! Don't need makeup or anything else Amway sells. I want them to go away and leave me alone. --- Additional Comments: Please remove me from all Amway emailing lists and those lists of any of their affiliates.

The Amway Tool Scam To whom it may concern, This information is being sent to the Attorneys General in all 50 states and U.S. territories. Hopefully, all or some of the states/territories can band together as was recently done between the states of Illinois, Kentucky, and North Carolina, along with the FTC, to shut down another scam, FHTM (Fortune High Tech Marketing: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2013/01/fhtm.shtm The Amway Tool Scam (ATS) refers to the hidden business behind the Amway business. When a prospect is shown the Amway business, they are NOT shown the much more lucrative ATS business. The ATS consists of various meetings, CDs, books, web site access, voice mail, etc., commonly referred to as ???tools,??? or more formally as BSM (Business Support Materials) sold by the upline IBOs (Independent Business Owners, e.g., distributors) to the downline within the Amway MLM, at huge profit margins. Only the top 1-2% of the upper level Amway IBOs make a profit from the ATS. The Amway business puts money in the IBOs??? pockets; the ATS extracts this money, and more. For the past 4 decades, literally millions of IBOs have been ripped off for 10s to 100s of billions of dollars. Well over 99% of IBOs are known to operate at a net loss, thanks to the ATS and other practices which dramatically increase overhead costs. The upper level IBOs make 2 to 9+ TIMES more from the ATS than from Amway. Amway???s cofounder Rich DeVos spoke out against the ATS in 1983, but little has been done in the U.S. about this issue. In 2002, Amway instructed the upper level IBOs that only a maximum of 2% of high level IBOs should make ATS profit, and the remaining 98% IBOs should not even be aware there is an opportunity to make money from the ATS, which is clearly a RICO fraud. The UK government ruled in 2008 that zero profit is to be made from the tools, and India???s Amway rules since 2005 have price limits on the tools that make tools a small fraction of the U.S. prices, virtually eliminating tool profit. No similar action has been taken in the U.S. The benefit for Amway with this arrangement is Amway can keep their product prices inflated and bonus payout low, both of which increase their profit. The upline IBOs don't want to "rock the boat" over these issues, as they are cleaning up via the ATS. This results in a win-win-lose scenario, with Amway winning by maximizing their profit, the top 1-2% of IBOs winning by double dipping Amway and ATS profits, and the 99+% losing money to both the Amway higher prices/lower bonus and high tool costs. The high Amway product prices results in little to no sales to non-IBOs; required by Amway rules but in North America is much less than 3.4% of the total volume, according to a 2006 3rd party confidential study disclosed through one of many lawsuits Amway has earned. Amway relies on written policies that the tools are optional, the upline must support IBOs whether or not they buy the tools, and a generic statement that some IBOs make money from the tools. However, the same rules require any information shown to prospects to be approved by Amway, and any conflict with Amway or an ATS owner be taken to Amway???s arbitration process, which has been called ???unconscionable??? and ???illusory??? by at least 7 U.S. judges across the country. In practice the tools are promoted VERY strongly, with the upline making statements such as, ???The tools are optional, but so is success,??? which means an IBO will not succeed without the tools. It is my personal experience the upline ignores IBOs who don???t buy the tools. Most new IBOs don???t have the knowledge, ability, or time to develop their own tools, nor do they have the ability to decipher the complex Amway rules, so they naturally use the upline ATS system. Numerous lawsuits among the high level IBOs have occurred over the years, mostly related to one individual or group stopping tool payments to other high level IBOs. This results in these groups experie

UCCE, SPAMI continually receive spam from Amway. Uncolicited spam via their third party advertising group. I have never been to their website, never subscribed to any of their trade show lists. I am a competing network marketer and so they are targeting me which is illegal. I have called their company in attempts to log a complain and it is impossible to get through to anyone in regard. I will never be an Amway distributor ever, even if my life depends on it. I don't want their stupid artistry make up, I'm a man!! Don't need makeup or anything else Amway sells. I want them to go away and leave me alone. --- Additional Comments: Please remove me from all Amway emailing lists and those lists of any of their affiliates.
    It's not ''illegal'' to go after another network marketer........jeez, no wonder the FTC completely disregards this rubbish!

Hey RA, that's only nine or ten, can't you post a link that lists ALL of the 'complaints', rather than post them one at a time here? Doesn't that seem a little more 'rational' than one at a time?

Also, how many complaints are there compared to how many IBO's Amway has?

If there are Millions of IBO's and there are only a few dozen, or a few hundred even, complaints...BFD.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Earned $24.58 in commissions and had company tell me that their policy was only to send out checks when the amount due is $25.00 or over ($0.42 away) 2 weeks ago I called in about this issue and was told that a check was going to be sent out. Never received it. Called back and was told the same policy B.S.