+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Empower Network Scam: MLM Fraud

The International Coalition of Consumer Advocates or ICCA recently obtained MLM complaints made to the FTC in 2013. In terms of blatant pyramid fraud, Empower Network was perhaps the worst offender. A complete report on Empower Network including quantitative complaint data analysis is located at: empower network scam.
    Last edited by itisascam; 06-22-2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: improve clairity

Re: Empower Network Scam: MLM Fraud

The new complaint data obtained from the FTC features voices of thousands of MLM victims. They collectively indicate that product-based pyramid schemes like Herbalife and Amway are deceptive frauds. "Use of deception" characterizes the entire multilevel marketing industry under the umbrella of the DSA. To date, ICCA has only released the data for FTC complaints against Empower Network. The data obtained implicate dozens of MLM companies.

Here's something we learned as the result of the Freedom of Information Act request we sent to the FTC: The FTC stopped reading consumer complaints about MLM and it deletes all complaints older than five years. The responsibility of reading complaints about MLM pyramid scheme fraud, has been outsourced to an unknown, private third party. It is unclear how they missed what we are finding!

Quote Originally Posted by itisascam View Post
    The new complaint data obtained from the FTC features voices of thousands of MLM victims. They collectively indicate that product-based pyramid schemes like Herbalife and Amway are deceptive frauds. "Use of deception" characterizes the entire multilevel marketing industry under the umbrella of the DSA. To date, ICCA has only released the data for FTC complaints against Empower Network. The data obtained implicate dozens of MLM companies.

Here's something we learned as the result of the Freedom of Information Act request we sent to the FTC: The FTC stopped reading consumer complaints about MLM and it deletes all complaints older than five years. The responsibility of reading complaints about MLM pyramid scheme fraud, has been outsourced to an unknown, private third party. It is unclear how they missed what we are finding!
    Empower Network repackaged the MLM dream for young people. That guy who you have a picture of is a brilliant public speaker (and scammer). Yes, everyone knows it is deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard 3 View Post
    Empower Network repackaged the MLM dream for young people. That guy who you have a picture of is a brilliant public speaker (and scammer). Yes, everyone knows it is deceptive.
    If everyone knew it was deceptive, no one would fall for this, the fraud would stop and I'd find a different hobby, which would be great.

Keeping people safe from fraud should be the government's job. We should not have to go around re-publishing the obvious online to protect consumers, but then we have people like Doyle.

-jb

If everyone knew it was deceptive, no one would fall for this, the fraud would stop and I'd find a different hobby, which would be great.

Keeping people safe from fraud should be the government's job. We should not have to go around re-publishing the obvious online to protect consumers, but then we have people like Doyle.

-jb
    Try a more thorough review...it may help.

Click Here!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

-jb
    Good point. Everyone doesn't see MLM for what it is.

However, I think some people see how duplicitous it is and still join. People also join knowing in the back of their minds that they will surely fail. I find that fascinating.

Good point. Everyone doesn't see MLM for what it is.

However, I think some people see how duplicitous it is and still join. People also join knowing in the back of their minds that they will surely fail. I find that fascinating.
    In all my years I've never found anyone who joined knowing they would fail.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Try a more thorough review...it may help.

Click Here!
    Let's talk about the review then. What did you find was lacking?

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    In all my years I've never found anyone who joined knowing they would fail.
    Really?

Where 99.9 percent fail, I find that to be bold statement.

Have you joined a new MLM this week?

What is it this time?
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    Really?

Where 99.9 percent fail, I find that to be bold statement.

Have you joined a new MLM this week?

What is it this time?
    Have you got a link to this 99.9% fail rate? I've never seen one........ you're not including customers and people who do nothing are you? Common mistake ....don't worry you'll learn.

I'm still in the same MLM I've been in for years... the one you don't know the name of.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Have you got a link to this 99.9% fail rate? I've never seen one........ you're not including customers and people who do nothing are you? Common mistake ....don't worry you'll learn.

I'm still in the same MLM I've been in for years... the one you don't know the name of.
    Yes, we're including customers who are buying the product while trying to build a business (the only customers there are) and also including people who do nothing, because doing nothing is one of many ways to fail. 99% is correct.

Your company charges nothing to start and provides a money back guarantee on every product. Isn't it a stretch to call something like that a "business?"

Yes, we're including customers who are buying the product while trying to build a business (the only customers there are) and also including people who do nothing, because doing nothing is one of many ways to fail. 99% is correct.

Your company charges nothing to start and provides a money back guarantee on every product. Isn't it a stretch to call something like that a "business?"
    There's your mistake then....you can't call customers business builders if they're not building a business ...you're a bit confused. People who are doing nothing are indeed failing but its obviously their fault because they are choosing to do nothing while people who are succeeding are choosing to do something.

Yes my company makes it very fair for people to start up in business, with little risk of losing any money even if they do nothing.

Let's talk about the review then. What did you find was lacking?
    Did you even look at Len's review at insidenm.com?

If you can't see the difference in 'comprehensiveness', there's nothing to talk about then, really?!

Your review pales in comparison, IMO.

Len's was very thorough, yours was brief.

There's also more on EN at BehindMLM.com Click Here

Your "review"? Not much of a 'review' looking at their analysis...jbh
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Did you even look at Len's review at insidenm.com?

If you can't see the difference in 'comprehensiveness', there's nothing to talk about then, really?!

Your review pales in comparison, IMO.

Len's was very thorough, yours was brief.

There's also more on EN at BehindMLM.com Click Here

Your "review"? Not much of a 'review' looking at their analysis...jbh
    Isn't this the same guy who had a bunch of cookie cutter sites about MLM scams?

The 99.9 percent MLM fail rate has been calculated independently by Dr. Jon Taylor, Robert Fitzpatrick and Jonathan Brand. You can easily find it on Google. The actual rate of failure for all MLMs analyzed ( n > 500) is calculated as a probability range (p) between 99.86% and 99.91%. See a data sample for Mannatech.

I don't think you'll bother responding to the research. I think you will continue to say, "MLM good. Naysayers Bad."

Keep it up. -jb
    Last edited by itisascam; 06-23-2014 at 12:17 PM. Reason: typo

The 99.9 percent MLM fail rate has been calculated independently by Dr. Jon Taylor, Robert Fitzpatrick and Jonathan Brand. You can easily find it on Google. The actual rate of failure rate for all MLM is calculated as a probability range (p) between 99.86% and 99.91%. See a data sample for Mannatech.

I don't think you'll bother responding to the research. I think you will continue to say, "MLM good. Naysayers Bad."

Keep it up. -jb

Another shameless spam for one of your sites?