+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So Bush releases 500 from Gitmo ... no big deal?

Got to love the asss from the Right ...

LOL ... I pray they are dumb enough to try Impeachment as will backfire in their faces just like Benghazi, IRS and other "scandals"

Republicans are acting as if Obama never should have done this. Senator Lindsey Graham is talking impeachment if Obama releases any more prisoners or tries once again to close Gitmo. Yet, in 2009, PolitiFact confirmed that “More than 500 Guantánamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush.”

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/06/...ge-w-bush.html

Re: So Bush releases 500 from Gitmo ... no big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by rodney walker II View Post
    Got to love the asss from the Right ...

LOL ... I pray they are dumb enough to try Impeachment as will backfire in their faces just like Benghazi, IRS and other "scandals"

Republicans are acting as if Obama never should have done this. Senator Lindsey Graham is talking impeachment if Obama releases any more prisoners or tries once again to close Gitmo. Yet, in 2009, PolitiFact confirmed that “More than 500 Guantánamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush.”
    Just curious...

Your linked article says Bush released/transferred 500+ detainees in 2009?

Exactly when in 2009 was Bush President?

A little clarity would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    Just curious...

Your linked article says Bush released/transferred 500+ detainees in 2009?

Exactly when in 2009 was Bush President?

A little clarity would be nice.

I'm sure its from a 2009 article.

Paul ... ya got to be kidding

Well, let's check our calendars... Obama was elected in November 2008 and sworn in January 2009. Unless the release you're talking about was coordinated and approved by the Bush Administration prior to GWB leaving office then the release in 2009 had to have been done by Obama.

Therefore, I am requesting a little clarity on your post. Afterall... it is your post... isn't it?

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Well, let's check our calendars... Obama was elected in November 2008 and sworn in January 2009. Unless the release you're talking about was coordinated and approved by the Bush Administration prior to GWB leaving office then the release in 2009 had to have been done by Obama.

Therefore, I am requesting a little clarity on your post. Afterall... it is your post... isn't it?
    Bam!

he didn't even know what hit him

I can't blame people for not reading all the articles Rodney links to (I hardly read any of them, to be honest), but in this case it was interesting to see what the somewhat confused discussion above was all about:

That’s backed up by a fact sheet from the military task force that runs the detention camp, which says 520 detainees had been released or transferred by March 2009.
    I think the important word here is the "by" that appears as the third to last word in the quote... :spin2:

Now, that wasn't very difficult to clear up, was it? :rotz:
    Last edited by Kelderek; 06-07-2014 at 02:50 PM.

...and if you still want to discuss this, here is a full list of all detainees released, complete with dates:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin..._Bay_detainees

Now, please proceed with the thread! :spin2:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    ...and if you still want to discuss this, here is a full list of all detainees released, complete with dates:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin..._Bay_detainees

Now, please proceed with the thread! :spin2:
    No real issues with this at all. I did notice the "by" March 2009 though the article specifically states "in 2009". At best GWB released a handful in 2009... up to Jan 17, 2009. After that Obama was President.

As I've tried to tell Roddy numerous times... the issue isn't the fact detainees were released, it was simply a prisoner exchange, but 5 for 1... WOW! It doesn't set a very good precedent, but he doesn't understand that. The real issue was the DoD not informing Congress. The whole thing about the detainees and Bergdahl's alleged desertion are simply side-show distractions.

Anyway... GWB's record for releases is irrelevant whether it was 500 or 500,000. It would be nice if Roddy provided the documentation of GWB's order for releases up to abt 500 by March 2009 or even backed the article he quoted which cites 500+ in 2009. I've also been attempting to to find out what his issue with GWB releasing 500+ is anyway. As I recall the complaint against GWB was that he wasn't releasing enough detainees.

But... I think this is all in vain as Roddy only answers with 'talking points'. :rotz:
    Last edited by PaulM; 06-07-2014 at 04:57 PM.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

but Paul, you need to understand that Obama is a helpless victim of the evil Bush/Darth Cheney administration.

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!

As a helpless black man, he was once again screwed by Da man!

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    but Paul, you need to understand that Obama is a helpless victim of the evil Bush/Darth Cheney administration.

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!

As a helpless black man, he was once again screwed by Da man!
    well NOW your ON to SOMETHING!? who OUT to SCREW the HELPLESS!? where do we GO LOOKING for THAT 1!? i mean INTENTIONALLY not just OOPS that didn't work, sorry.......and who REALLY are the helpless and WHO decides!? and WHERE /WHEN did it ALL go WRONG?! well maybe not ALL, yet!? and WHAT is the EASY CURE vs the COMPLICATED 1!? why does everyting seem to GO from 1 extreme to ANOTHER!? .....I GOT IT......WALL STREET gets RICH on EXTREMISM!? good ol' CAPITALIST GAIN,the EASY WAY!? cant fight the PORTFOLIO MAN, better PLAY along or SUFFER!? ride them RICHES RIGHT into HEAVEN!? sorry GLENN, you been LYIN to us AGAIN!? :bah: :rotz: :crazy1:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

No real issues with this at all. I did notice the "by" March 2009 though the article specifically states "in 2009". At best GWB released a handful in 2009... up to Jan 17, 2009. After that Obama was President.
    I doesn't say that...

Are you referring to this sentence?

Yet, in 2009, PolitiFact confirmed that “More than 500 Guantánamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush.”
    "2009" in that sentence is when politifact confirmed it... not when they were released... Which is made obvious by other parts of the article.

I agree with the rest of your statements, but don't try to read something into the article that isn't there. You're just serving Rodney cheap point he doesn't deserve! :spin2:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    I doesn't say that...

Are you referring to this sentence?

"2009" in that sentence is when politifact confirmed it... not when they were released... Which is made obvious by other parts of the article.

I agree with the rest of your statements, but don't try to read something into the article that isn't there. You're just serving Rodney cheap point he doesn't deserve! :spin2:

Ahh that pesky 'comma'! Probably should clean my glasses...
    Last edited by PaulM; 06-08-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Paul is this forum's little fire fly

contributes nothing except to try and criticize

Quote Originally Posted by rodney walker II View Post
    Paul is this forum's little fire fly

contributes nothing except to try and criticize
    If you're looking for perfection you're in the wrong place. Everyone makes mistakes... ask your parents.

It would be nice though... you've been asked numerous times too... if you would answer this simple question:
    As I recall one of the complaints about Bush was that he was not releasing enough detainees. Now your complaint is that he released too many. Why is this an important talking point with you as it is irrelevant to the current Bergdahl story?

I doubt there is any man or woman on this planet that would admitted to your pathetic ass being related to them

that is pretty much guaranteed