+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    589

    Check your checking accounts online

    WARNING.....check your account online before doing anymore shopping especially if you bank at Woodforest national bank!!!

    Hubby made a $800+ deposit Saturday, it was posted online as a pending transaction immediatly because I was online doing some shopping. I sent out bill payments and did my last min Christmas shopping yesterday. All pending transactions have gone through by the next business day so I thought I was fine....wrong!!! This morning I wake up to being negative $300+ and that pending transaction....was gone!! Extreme panic set in...I called them and she was seeing exactly what I was seeing which was no deposit...so she had to research it. Thankfully they have found it and are fixing everything but......what if I didnt have online banking and this would have went on for at least 2 weeks until I started getting notices. There is nothing worse than money doing a disappearing act......
    Now quit your yappin!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    3,278

    Re: Check your checking accounts online

    Quote Originally Posted by krazy12982 View Post
    WARNING.....check your account online before doing anymore shopping especially if you bank at Woodforest national bank!!!

    Hubby made a $800+ deposit Saturday, it was posted online as a pending transaction immediatly because I was online doing some shopping. I sent out bill payments and did my last min Christmas shopping yesterday. All pending transactions have gone through by the next business day so I thought I was fine....wrong!!! This morning I wake up to being negative $300+ and that pending transaction....was gone!! Extreme panic set in...I called them and she was seeing exactly what I was seeing which was no deposit...so she had to research it. Thankfully they have found it and are fixing everything but......what if I didnt have online banking and this would have went on for at least 2 weeks until I started getting notices. There is nothing worse than money doing a disappearing act......
    I totally understand what you are saying...I check my BA every single day because they do make mistakes...I have had to deal with at least two this year...no fun.....
    I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

  3. #3

    Re: Check your checking accounts online

    Quote Originally Posted by peregrine View Post


    I totally understand what you are saying...I check my BA every single day because they do make mistakes...I have had to deal with at least two this year...no fun.....
    and if there is an error or something is not right, don't wait. report it right away by phone or in person.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    589

    Re: Check your checking accounts online

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    and if there is an error or something is not right, don't wait. report it right away by phone or in person.
    Exactly...it was a scary morning...Im glad I reported it before they had sent all the checks back to the companies...it would have been a huge mess then. I told hubby I think we are going to use checking now only to cash our checks...that way we dont have to worry about this.
    Now quit your yappin!! :2gunsfiring_v1:

  5. #5

    Re: Check your checking accounts online

    Quote Originally Posted by krazy12982 View Post
    Exactly...it was a scary morning...Im glad I reported it before they had sent all the checks back to the companies...it would have been a huge mess then. I told hubby I think we are going to use checking now only to cash our checks...that way we dont have to worry about this.
    smart move.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2016, 09:19 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2015, 11:57 PM
  3. TCF bank , totally free student checking
    By scrubbu scam in forum Corporate Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 07:38 PM
  4. Check your Personal bank/credit accounts and now!
    By Marlise in forum Internet Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 10:43 AM
  5. Check your Personal bank accounts now!
    By Marlise in forum Mail Order Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 06:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •