+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Why I'm afraid of America

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...lse_arrest.php

"As [12-year-old] Dymond headed toward the breaker, a blue van drove up and three men jumped out rushing toward her. One of them grabbed her saying, You're a prostitute. You're coming with me." Never mind that the prostitutes the cops were looking for were WHITE and Dymond was BLACK, and never mind that she was IN FRONT OF HER OWN HOUSE. Now she is facing assault charges.

Since the incident more than two years ago, Dymond regularly suffers nightmares in which police officers are raping and beating her and cutting off her fingers, according to the lawsuit.
    Griffin says he expects to enter mediation with the officers in early 2009 to resolve the lawsuit.

"The city has investigated the matter and found that the conduct of the police officers was appropriate under the circumstances,"

That's the worst... The city thinks it's okay to treat it's peaceful citizens this way. That's normal. That's okay.
    A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
    Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Re: Why I'm afraid of America

Its a very sad story. Not really sure if its a cause to be afraid of America. It might make me think twice of visiting the city.

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99 View Post
    Its a very sad story. Not really sure if its a cause to be afraid of America. It might make me think twice of visiting the city.
    but... if it's true, and the country does nothing about it, then it says that 3 men in plain clothes are allowed to abduct a 12 year old girl, and she is not allowed to fight back and the father is not allowed to resist them.

They were not in police uniforms, not driving a police vehicle and I'm betting they did nothing to identify themselves as police.

Sick. America is a sick sick country for allowing this to happen, come out in the media and does nothing to stop it. It makes me afraid that a country with so many nuclear weapons can have morals such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
    but... if it's true, and the country does nothing about it, then it says that 3 men in plain clothes are allowed to abduct a 12 year old girl, and she is not allowed to fight back and the father is not allowed to resist them.

They were not in police uniforms, not driving a police vehicle and I'm betting they did nothing to identify themselves as police.

Sick. America is a sick sick country for allowing this to happen, come out in the media and does nothing to stop it. It makes me afraid that a country with so many nuclear weapons can have morals such as this.
    I have to differ with you here LJ. One of the characteristics of life in the U.S. is the fact that we don't butt into the business of other states and cities (just other countries) when it comes to local matters like cleaning up a local police force.
    This event took place in Galveston, Tx and it is for the people of Galveston or, if escalated, the state of Texas to clean up.
    Oh, it may hit the national media or not, but that's about as far as it will go.
    The only national 'pressure' that can be brought to bear on the city would be through lost tourist dollars if the police are perceived to be, generally, out of control by the traveling public (as happened to the Philadelphia police a number of years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    I have to differ with you here LJ. One of the characteristics of life in the U.S. is the fact that we don't butt into the business of other states and cities (just other countries) when it comes to local matters like cleaning up a local police force.
    This event took place in Galveston, Tx and it is for the people of Galveston or, if escalated, the state of Texas to clean up.
    Oh, it may hit the national media or not, but that's about as far as it will go.
    The only national 'pressure' that can be brought to bear on the city would be through lost tourist dollars if the police are perceived to be, generally, out of control by the traveling public (as happened to the Philadelphia police a number of years ago).

That is disgusting. I know you are taking pride in not interfereing. That's what makes this 3 steps beyond horrifying.

So the rest of the country will really sit back and watch 12 year old girls be abducted and do absolutely nothing to help? And you feel good about that??

Losing tourist dollars? Well I guarentee you I'm not going anywhere near America.

That is disgusting. I know you are taking pride in not interfereing. That's what makes this 3 steps beyond horrifying.

So the rest of the country will really sit back and watch 12 year old girls be abducted and do absolutely nothing to help? And you feel good about that??

Losing tourist dollars? Well I guarentee you I'm not going anywhere near America.
    How do you figure that nothing is being done? There is a lawsuit filed against the officers.

But really its quite safe here, come and visit. I live near Detroit and here the mayor is in jail.

I'm not taking pride in anything. I'm just telling you how it is. It is a local issue... not a national issue. The Federal government won't even get involved because of that.

What would you recommend be done? Be sure you address your recommendation to the citizens of Galveston and the State of Texas because thery're the only ones that can effect change.

You also need to keep in mind that Galveston is not the entire country.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
    I'm not taking pride in anything. I'm just telling you how it is. It is a local issue... not a national issue. The Federal government won't even get involved because of that.

What would you recommend be done? Be sure you address your recommendation to the citizens of Galveston and the State of Texas because thery're the only ones that can effect change.

You also need to keep in mind that Galveston is not the entire country.
    That's not really the case.

A violation of one's civil rights is a Federal Crime.

Those who engage in and are accomplices to these acts are subject to the potential of an FBI investigation, a Federal Grand Jury Indictment and a proceeding in Federal Criminal Court.

A situation like that would probably have me in jail if it were my daughter. Three plain clothed men in a non police vehicle would have gotten a 357 slug in the head for trying to take off with my daughter.

And despite what the op here thinks this situation in no way represents America. Where are you from? I am sure one could find some sort of extreme story from your neck of the woods and try to say that it represents your country.

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99 View Post
    How do you figure that nothing is being done? There is a lawsuit filed against the officers.
    No... There's a lawsuit against the girl for assaulting the officer.

How evil she must be to resist 3 plain clothes guys telling her that she is a prostitute and pushing her in an unmarked van!

Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    A situation like that would probably have me in jail if it were my daughter. Three plain clothed men in a non police vehicle would have gotten a 357 slug in the head for trying to take off with my daughter.

And despite what the op here thinks this situation in no way represents America. Where are you from? I am sure one could find some sort of extreme story from your neck of the woods and try to say that it represents your country.
    No. I don't think it represents all of America, but for the rest of America to sit by and allow this to happen is despicable. Your federal courts should be investigating the city and the police force.

No... There's a lawsuit against the girl for assaulting the officer.

How evil she must be to resist 3 plain clothes guys telling her that she is a prostitute and pushing her in an unmarked van!
    Me think that is not the case. I think they filed against the father and they are sueing the city. But whatever.

Three cheers for you and your suggestion about the 357. They were complete idiots and they should be kicked off of the force. The Uited States Constitution does give you the right to defend your family. You would have had no way of knowing what they were or were not and wouldhave been acting to save your child.

This is mine mate, 357 Magnum Model 19-3