+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 236

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Proof of Bible Science

    I stand corrected. I made fun of Genesis 30:39 where animals
    were mated in front of branches to make them striped, speckled, and spotted. Well damn it I was wrong. Here's the proof.





    There is a mama cat that lives in the bushes (lots of branches) around the park near my house and I'll be damned if she didn't give birth to some kittens that look like this one.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    BOY that is some WEIRD stuff coulda come out of the KORAN if ya asked me before i knew the source!? and LOW and behold there were DUKES, i of which was named ooliBAMA!? :errr: :freak3: :spin2: :
    Last edited by lexx; 05-26-2014 at 12:19 AM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    BOY that is some WEIRD stuff coulda come out of the KORAN if ya asked me before i knew the source!? and LOW and behold there were DUKES, i of which was named ooliBAMA!? :errr: :freak3: :spin2: :
    Here I was waiting for Joe Cool to tell me I took it out of context.

    And PS. No actual kittens were used in this thread.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Here I was waiting for Joe Cool to tell me I took it out of context.

    And PS. No actual kittens were used in this thread.
    Whew, that's a relief....!!

    Interesting "proof" though...it does it for me! I'm sold...not.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Here I was waiting for Joe Cool to tell me I took it out of context.

    And PS. No actual kittens were used in this thread.
    Why would I do that?

    While I have some interest in this forum, folks like Ohein ruin it for me. I will debate him in the MLM forum because his lies can harm someone financially but nobody seems to care about his lack of morals or knowledge on this forum so I find him easy to ignore.

    I respect you for trying to be on the side of truth but we'll have to disagree on the subject of whether there is a God.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Why would I do that?
    Because it's your favorite religious rebut..."context"...that's why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    While I have some interest in this forum, folks like Ohein ruin it for me.
    Aww shucks...Thanks for the compliment.

    I try.:rryumy:

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I will debate him in the MLM forum because his lies can harm someone financially but nobody seems to care about his lack of morals or knowledge on this forum so I find him easy to ignore.
    Thanks for confirming your obsession!

    If someone is going out of his way to ignore you, he is not ignoring you, he is obsessed by you.

    ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I respect you for trying to be on the side of truth but we'll have to disagree on the subject of whether there is a God.
    You can't handle the truth...and that's the truth.

    God isn't dead, he's never existed, but in your delusion filled mind....

    Keep listening for your "gift of tongues" jokey, it might make all the difference for you in receiving gods message for the world.....:crazy1:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Why would I do that?

    While I have some interest in this forum, folks like Ohein ruin it for me. I will debate him in the MLM forum because his lies can harm someone financially but nobody seems to care about his lack of morals or knowledge on this forum so I find him easy to ignore.

    I respect you for trying to be on the side of truth but we'll have to disagree on the subject of whether there is a God.

    I have no problem with your faith. In fact sometimes I envy people that have it.

    I do take exception to people that claim the bible is without fault,error or contradiction. And when they argue they invariably use the "taken out of context" claim.

    I truly want to debate these things. I am fascinated by what makes people believe what they do.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    I have no problem with your faith. In fact sometimes I envy people that have it.

    I do take exception to people that claim the bible is without fault,error or contradiction. And when they argue they invariably use the "taken out of context" claim.

    I truly want to debate these things. I am fascinated by what makes people believe what they do.
    The translations in the Bible can probably account for some discrepancies. But if you read the scripture in context it will usually follow the story.

    As for faith, each person develops that and God reveals himself to people differently. Some people don't see it or don't want to see it.

    What things are you seeking to debate?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    The translations in the Bible can probably account for some discrepancies. But if you read the scripture in context it will usually follow the story.



    What things are you seeking to debate?


    First let me ask you if you think the bible is one complete and accurate work? Or more of a mix of truth and myth?


    You say it follows a story but there are obvious errors in the writings. Like Jonah and the whale, Noah, and of course the speckled sheep i mentioned.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    First let me ask you if you think the bible is one complete and accurate work? Or more of a mix of truth and myth?

    You say it follows a story but there are obvious errors in the writings. Like Jonah and the whale, Noah, and of course the speckled sheep i mentioned.
    I don't think the Bible stories are myths. I believe there can be some discrepancies because of translation and how language has changed since the days the Bible scriptures were written.

    Jonah's story was shown to be possible by a scientist. Sorry, don't have a link. And the translation could have been a fish rather than a whale. Not sure about what you refer to about Noah.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I don't think the Bible stories are myths. I believe there can be some discrepancies because of translation and how language has changed since the days the Bible scriptures were written.

    Jonah's story was shown to be possible by a scientist. Sorry, don't have a link.
    ohhh REALLY!! and how convenient you don't have a link to the one and only scientist that apparently supports your biblical fantasies!?

    How convenient. And downright typical of you, jokey. tbh

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    And the translation could have been a fish rather than a whale.
    That makes it so much more believable. Thanks for sharing that important dynamic. It made all the difference for me...living in a big fish FOR THREE DAYS is so much more doable than a stupid old whale, isn't it?! A whale seems such a stretch...what do you think it was, a great white maybe!?:crazy1:

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Not sure about what you refer to about Noah.
    Don't you have similar 'proof' of his fable being true as well?

    Did you finally find the ark? Can't wait!!
    Last edited by ohein56; 05-29-2014 at 03:13 AM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I don't think the Bible stories are myths. I believe there can be some discrepancies because of translation and how language has changed since the days the Bible scriptures were written.

    Jonah's story was shown to be possible by a scientist. Sorry, don't have a link. And the translation could have been a fish rather than a whale.

    Not sure about what you refer to about Noah.
    Oh come on. You don't know why I would mention Noah when talking about myths? That's not being honest. If you don;t want to talk just say it but if you do than at least be honest.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Oh come on. You don't know why I would mention Noah when talking about myths? That's not being honest. If you don;t want to talk just say it but if you do than at least be honest.
    The Jonah link: http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/jonah.html

    What do you want to "debate" about Noah? I believe it happened, you don't.

    Can I prove an ark was built? Probably not. But there is evidence of the sea once covering the land, including some mountain tops. We would simply have to agree to disagree.

    Can you prove conclusively on this forum George Washington actually had an army in 1776? What evidence would you have other than books and testimony? It would be similar to trying to prove there was a man named Noah with an ARK.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    The Jonah link: http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/jonah.html

    What do you want to "debate" about Noah? I believe it happened, you don't.

    Can I prove an ark was built? Probably not. But there is evidence of the sea once covering the land, including some mountain tops. We would simply have to agree to disagree.

    Can you prove conclusively on this forum George Washington actually had an army in 1776? What evidence would you have other than books and testimony? It would be similar to trying to prove there was a man named Noah with an ARK.
    Not even close.

    There are many many eye witness accounts and historical documents to prove Washington was there.

    There is one book with a man named Noah with an ark. (Well if you don't count all the ancient flood stories pre-bible. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_flood_myths) But, there are not enough old stories. Had there really been a world wide flood there would be stories of it in every language and every corner of the earth. Plus the people would all look pretty much the same since the only ones left were on the boat, right?. a few thousand years is not enough time for evolution and adaption to take place.

    There is not a shred of evidence that mountain tops were flooded. Yes there are fossils even on Mount Everest. From when that rock was under the sea, before it rose to 28,000 ft when plates collided.


    This is where debate comes in. Show me some evidence. Any

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Gee, that was a doozy!! thanks for providing all of that hard evidence...awesome link there jokester!:crazy1:

    :crazy1:
    Those who scoff at, doubt or otherwise ridicule the book of Jonah are in actuality doubting Christ's own integrity. Jesus believed and taught that Jonah was a real person, and that the events described in the Bible really did happen to him. (Keep yer blinders on...don't look away stare straight ahead...never question...)

    I believe the account of Jonah as literal history, but more importantly Christ believed it.(So, if it says so in the bible, and Christ believed it was true, no matter how little sense it makes, that's good enough for you! OK!!:crazy1:)

    The story is not a parable or a dream but rather an accurate depiction of a real encounter. If you doubt the book of Jonah, or any of the Bible you will not be able to defend your faith with authority. (Now we're getting somewhere...don't doubt, don't think, don't ask, don't question THE BIBLE...oh noooo....not thaaat!!! One must defend their faith with "authority!"...nicely done jokey:judges:!!)

    For those seeking extra-biblical evidence,(finally the "evidence"!) there are many well documented accounts of men and animals being swallowed alive by whales.(Gee "many"...!! "well documented"...!! allrighty then!!) Though these accounts do give the story of Jonah more credibility we must remember to trust the Bible first and foremost. (oh, but of course! nice caveat there! Perfect out if you get in trouble with your credible 'evidence'.)

    It does not matter if other recorded accounts exist or not. They are irrelevant as the Bible says it happened and Jesus has shown us that we can trust God's word.(what the hell happened to credible evidence and "well documented"!!??) (Oh, that's right, eff all of that, cause the bible told you so...of course I forgot. my bad. ...what was I thinking...:crazy1:

    Question from a reader:
    "I've heard that there is documentated information of people surviving being swallowed by whales....but I can't find any. Can you maybe point me in the right direction? Thank you for your time."
    Mike 1/22/02

    Answer: There is a book out by J. Vernon McGee (McGee is a Presbyterian 'minister'/radio personality/priest b.1904-d.1988 NOT a scientist or researcher!) that alleges to tell of other accounts of modern day people being swallowed by whales. The problem is that none of them can be verified, and some of them have been refuted. (That's a "problem" much like the other myths and fairy tales in the bible...)

    I dont think there need to be other examples of this happening in the past in order for the account of Jonah to be true, anymore than there need to be other flood accounts, or resurrection accounts. (Yep, the proof is all in the bible yep, u huh, we get it!!!)

    The Bible tells us of Jesus, and he was the only one resurrected after 3 days. The bible likens this to the story of Jonah, so that may be good evidence against other "whale" stories.(Yep no more evidence is needed, you said that already, it's all in the bible...what more proof is needed!!):crazy1:

    The book of Jonah shows us how badly God wants for people to hear and accept his message of salvation.(Maybe if gods minions were a little better at explaining bizarre bible tales & fish stories it'd help some!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    What do you want to "debate" about Noah? I believe it happened, you don't.
    You sure do believe lots of strange stuff...? Gays choose to be gay...the "gift of tongues"...so? There's really nothing to debate with a track record like yours!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Can I prove an ark was built? Probably not.
    You mean it's possible you can? Really?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    But there is evidence of the sea once covering the land, including some mountain tops.
    The scientific timeline spoils yer bible fun though I'd be willing to bet huh?!

    The history of geology is a story of hard evidence gradually defeating scripture for authority over our view of the Earth. The Flood—that is, Noah's Flood story from Genesis—was primary in that struggle.

    The very first "theories of the Earth" assumed a universal Flood for two good reasons: the word of God described it in convincing detail and the majority of the rocks of Europe were obviously formed under water (and having never seen lava flows, many early thinkers considered even basalt a marine sediment). But the geologic evidence grew and its contradictions with scripture could no longer be denied.

    At the same time, archaeology illuminated the sources and cultural context of the Bible itself, including the many different Flood myths that circulated among other cultures at the time of the ancient Hebrews. The Flood shrank in significance and became just another moral fable, like the tale of Jonah and the whale.

    You can study the history of geology and learn how the geologic evidence began to arise in the 1600s and how theory changed to account for it. It's a peaceful timeline on the blackboard, but it leaves out the opposition. At every stage there were powerful people, many remembered today as major scientists, whose basic argument was that the evidence contradicted the plain words of the Bible. They were stubborn opponents for more than 200 years, but the last of them surrendered in the late 1800s. Click Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    We would simply have to agree to disagree.
    A mind is like a parachute...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Can you prove conclusively on this forum George Washington actually had an army in 1776? What evidence would you have other than books and testimony?
    Would handwritten letters from George himself suffice? Click Here! Are there handwritten accounts from Noah or Jonah?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    It would be similar to trying to prove there was a man named Noah with an ARK.
    I disagree.

    It's been fun!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: Proof of Bible Science

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    You sure do believe lots of strange stuff...? Gays choose to be gay...

    No way, he didn't say he thought that did he? No one with any brains at all still thinks that being gay is a choice. No straight man ever woke up one morning and said, "you know what I want in my mouth?"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-05-2018, 12:00 AM
  2. The Bible and science in the year 2012
    By TerryP in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
  3. NASA piling garbage science on science fraud
    By aguest in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 01:18 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 08:01 AM
  5. science and the bible
    By cigs645 in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-04-2006, 08:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •