+ Reply to Thread

www.date-safely.com a scam?

I met this girl online and before we meet in real life she wants me to go to this site and put in my credit card number so that the site can check if i am a sex offender or not. Is this legit or some bs?
    Thank you. This is my first post by the way so hello all.

Re: www.date-safely.com a scam?

Welcome to Scam.com

I'd say scam at this point. The WhoIs info gives,
    Registrant:
    sp
    11 c street
    ny, New York 11027
    United States

Domain Name: DATE-SAFELY.COM
    Created on: 01-Dec-08
    Expires on: 01-Dec-09
    Last Updated on: 01-Dec-08

Administrative Contact:
    Everette, Threnody one @luckykitty.biz (edited, remove space)
    sp
    11 c street
    ny, New York 11027
    United States
    (305) 555-6288 Fax --
    The website just went up a few weeks ago. Per reverse phone # look-up via Whitepages.com the phone number does not exist. Per the USPS the Zip code is for Great Neck, NY and not New York, NY. The Admin contact domain WhoIs info gives,
    Domain Name: LUCKYKITTY.BIZ
    Domain ID: D26595623-BIZ
    Sponsoring Registrar: MELBOURNE IT LTD
    Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 13
    Domain Status: ok
    Registrant ID: A12188373762097
    Registrant Name: Mandy Sheppe
    Registrant Organization: Silent Promotions
    Registrant Address1: 15 Longledge D
    Registrant City: Port Chester
    Registrant State/Province: NY
    Registrant Postal Code: 10573
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Country Code: US
    Registrant Phone Number: +1.9543028673
    Registrant Email: luckylittlekitty @yahoo.com (edited, remove space)

Created: 2008-08-15
    Expires: 2009-08-14
    This website just went online last Aug. Registered to a free Yahoo e-mail account, registrar is in Australia, address says NY but the phone number goes to unlisted number in Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

wow interesting thank you

I've met a bunch of girls off of there. A lot of people on match.com and craigslist use it.

Funny, I have been using this service for a long time. Use to be called something different, now its date-safely.com
    Phone number for customer service works fine. I found out about it on adultfriendfinder, some girls on there use it. I have been using it ever since.
    Funny, how schizs opens a thread. I have been tracking this guy for a while (how i found this post). You know, you should change your handle once in a while. He is a known big time affiliate for cp and fling.

Aww, is a legit site taking away from your sales?

He screwed me on ebay, so thats why I have been tracking him btw. Anyone want info on it, pm me.

Tracking me?
    Whats CP? I dont use fling. You must have me confused with someone else.
    I screwed you on ebay?

That's funny. I just went there and the only thing I found was information about dating online. You know what to do and what not to do. Possibly I got the address wrong, but it read the same way that it does here !

I would think there is another method to find out if someone is a sex offender. They can google anywho and look up your name and pay a nominal fee to find out if you have a criminal history.

There is also a way to look up sex offenders by typing in your addy or zip code or both and you have it right there and not pay anything for this.

I always advise people to be careful when they first start dating people they just met online. Even when you want to go to lunch with the same gender you met online...just to hang out....go out in public where there are people who can see.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetykiss View Post
    I would think there is another method to find out if someone is a sex offender. They can google anywho and look up your name and pay a nominal fee to find out if you have a criminal history.

There is also a way to look up sex offenders by typing in your addy or zip code or both and you have it right there and not pay anything for this.

I always advise people to be careful when they first start dating people they just met online. Even when you want to go to lunch with the same gender you met online...just to hang out....go out in public where there are people who can see.
    Yes that is what it does. When I was single I use to use it like a year ago. Sure you can go to a free website to get a sex predator check on someone, but can only search 1 state at a time. Date-Safely searches them all at once, That is what sold it for me :)

I was meeting people off of yahoo personals and used it to check people I met. Cost me like 7 bucks per check but the more you get the less it is.

Anyway, I decided to finally register on this site! Go me! Been using it since I was nigerian scammed. But, unfortunately people are so quick to jump on something is a scam, I have seen so many things in this forum that aren't scams and people say they are.

This service really helps people meet people from the internet a lot more safe. Mods should remove this post.

PS. There is a "new created" on whois everytime the registration name changes or Hosts are changed too some times. I know for a fact it has been out for atleast a year.

Some of you need to pay better attention to the URL's.
    For example,
    Date-safely.com
    Datesafely.com
    Please notice the hypen in the one url. These appear to be two different websites. They look the same but resolve to two different servers and address's. See below.

The WhoIs info I posted above was for the url 'Date-safely.com'.

I believe some of you a confusing the above site (the one with the hyphen) with Datesafely.com (the one without the hyphen) The WhoIs info for DateSafely gives,
    Registrant:
    Tell America
    PO Box 2482
    Concord, New Hampshire 03302-2482
    United States
    Administrative Contact:
    Jobel, George hostmaster @tellamerica.com (edited, remove space)
    Tell America LLC
    PO Box 2482
    Concord, New Hampshire 03302-2482
    United States
    (603) 224-1115

Domain Name: DATESAFELY.COM
    Created on: 27-Apr-01
    Expires on: 27-Apr-09

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.TELLAMERICA.COM
    NS2.TELLAMERICA.COM
    That website appears to check out.

However, the WhoIs info for Date-safely.com differs.
    Registrant:
    Threnody Everette
    11 C Street
    ny, New York 11027
    United States
    Administrative Contact:
    Everette, Threnody one @luckykitty.biz (edited, remove space)
    sp
    11 c street
    ny, New York 11027
    United States
    (305) 555-6288

Domain Name: DATE-SAFELY.COM
    Created on: 01-Dec-08
    Expires on: 01-Dec-09

NS4.ZONEEDIT.COM
    NS13.ZONEEDIT.COM
    Even the host servers are different. I'll have to check it out more but the website Date-Safely.com appears to be what is known as a site-rip. This is where scammers copy a known business and use a slightly different url to collect CC numbers and/or rip people off.

I have run into this more then a few times in the past. Here is a BBB notice on a similar matter from last year. Absolute Electronics Website is Duplicated by Scammer.
    12/18/2007
    Scammers using address of local electronics company

Milwaukee, Wis. The Wisconsin Better Business Bureau is urging consumes to be aware of a scam website that is bilking money out of holiday shoppers.

The scam website, www.absolute-electronics.com, offers electronics for sale and requires victims to wire money via Western Union as payment instead of accepting credit cards. The website also claims that its physical address is on Fountain Boulevard in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. This is untrue. This is the actual address of a different, unrelated company called Absolute Electronics, which has a different website www.absoluteelectronics.net.

The Wisconsin BBB believes that the scammers are trying to assume the online identity of a real company by using a similar website address and falsely claiming to be located at the same address.

These scammers have, in essence, hijacked the identity of a legitimate company, said Randall Hoth, president/CEO of the Wisconsin BBB.
    Besides, as 'pinkyparrot' pointed out in Post #7,
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkyparrot
    I just went there and the only thing I found was information about dating online.
    At this time neither website appears to have any way to run a back ground check on anyone.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 12-23-2008 at 08:42 AM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

No offense, but you don't know what you are talking about. It is forwarded to the same site. Who cares what the whois is? Everyone knows anyone can type anything in it, and just because they are different doesn't mean they are not owned by the same person.

Simpson is right, just changing the host can change the whois information, doesn't mean AT ALL that it is brand new site, just means whois/host changed.

Anyway, they don't offer screening credits to new clients at this time. but if you already bought a year membership the "personalized" link they give you still works.

A lot of girls use this service. I have met many. It use to be very popular, but isn't anymore. I am guessing because they are no longer taking applications.

People people, PLEASE I beg you. Just because a whois says something, doesn't mean JACK. Don't assume things you trully don't know about. Date-safely (datesafely) offer good information and good services.

Take it from the people who actually have used the service

Quote Originally Posted by elitebidder
    It is forwarded to the same site.
    No, it does not forward to the same site.

Again, since you seem rather dense.
    datesafely.com resolves too,
    IP Address: 216.55.105.62
    IP Location Canada - Ontario - Toronto - Smart Servers
    NS1.TELLAMERICA.COM
    NS2.TELLAMERICA.COM
    date-safely.com resolves too,
    IP Address: 69.72.142.98
    IP Location United States - New Jersey - Clifton - Fortressitx
    NS4.ZONEEDIT.COM
    NS13.ZONEEDIT.COM
    I have no problem with the datesafely.com website. It is the date-safely.com I don't recommend anyone use. And as you say,
    Quote Originally Posted by elitebidder
    It is forwarded to the same site.
    Then what is the problem? Just use the datesafely.com website directly. At least you can verify who you are giving your CC# to in that case.

Besides, the address for Date-Safely.com given in the WhoIs (which you correctly pointed out they can put anything there) doesn't seem to exist. The address given
    11 C Street
    ny, New York 11027
    United States
    Per the USPS,
    We're sorry! We were unable to process your request.

The address was not found. Please check the address below.
    You may want to utilize the Yellow Pages and/or White Pages below.
    Per Whitepages.com there is a '11 Avenue C' in Brooklyn, NY with two phone listings. But that appears to be the closest I can find.

Hate repeating myself, but here it goes AGAIN.

Anyone can type anything on whois. That doesn't mean anything.

Many people are not listed in the white pages.

So what if they have different servers. date-safely is forwarded to datesafely so they are the same site.

There could be infinite reasons for not having the same server and whois.

I really hope people don't judge a site based on whois information. Anyone can type anything in there, so that would be really stupid.

But then again, reading through this forum I have seen a lot of people believe things solely based on someone else's ASSUMPTIONS. I see you make most your judgements based on whois. And the white pages. I truly believe you have no clue that someone can have private information so they wouldn't be listed, and i also believe you are totally clueless on domain registration and servers.

Don't make me list the infinite reasons for diff whois and diff servers....

Why do I even care? Because I have met girls who used the service, 1 of which was sexually assaulted which is why she used it in the first place. Her story inspired me to volunteer on a sexual abuse hotline and come clean with abuse that I witness when I was a child.

I usually don't get into personal things in forums, but I feel this needed to be said. Date-Safely which is datesafely (though whois and servers are not the same they are the same site, 1 is forwarded to the other, could be infinite reasons why the site has different whois) and it gives excellent dating information everyone should follow.

DON'T DO IT! It signed me up for about 6 other websites and put pending charges on my card immediately for 2 of those websites totalling over $80, plus 2 or 3 websites charged $1 and $1.25. It took about 3 or 4 hours to contact all the sites and tell them to stop the madness.

I think this is scam. I have never used it but the site looks like it was made several weeks ago and there are many things to do to make it look good. If you are looking for a trustworthy service, you should click here and see the site where you can get what you want