+ Reply to Thread

The reason I Cringe when I see the letters MLM

The reason I Cringe when I see the letters MLM

Just sharing a little story I have dealing with MLM bullsh**. Earlier this summer I attended a job fair looking for work as a web developer. I met an outgoing middle-aged man who gave me his*business card (a self-owned insurance company) and asked me to meet him for an interview at a later date. I checked out his site and man, did it ever need some work. So I knew I could sell this guy on my skills.

Anyway I get to the meeting/interview and he's there with some associates - no red flags yet. Then we get to talking and they start going on in very vague terms about "leverage" and "e-commerce" opportunities. Then suddenly some more of his associates show up and start spewing this crazy, artificially high-energy, spiel about how they hardly work and they already make more money than their bosses at their last jobs. That was the first red-flag.

Then they bring me into another room and show me a presentation that outlined in clear terms (to me anyway) that this was a pyramid scheme and that I was a potential sucker. I was furious. This guy tricked me into thinking I was on a job interview for a financial firm when I was really there to get sucked into a MLM scam. I can't believe they let those companies present themselves at job fairs to begin with, let alone allow them to LIE to people about who they really are (the sign at the job fair was not at all the same company that runs theMLM thing).

At least I learned a valuable lesson, even if I risked my neck driving to this "interview" in the middle of an intense summer storm - rain, lighting, high winds, hail - I really could have crashed at any moment.

In sum, screw MLM companies. Some of the people in that presentation were obviously experiencing serious financial troubles, and these people didn't care at all that they were downright scamming them.
    Visit my blog to receive helpful information, tips and techniques, and quality products!

Enjoy and learn and have fun: http://yoursuccessunlimited.net/our-products/

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Re: The reason I Cringe when I see the letters MLM

Yep, good post!

I think they should be banned from any site/or email list masquerading as a new job opportunity.

That's how these low-life's need to find another method of feeding on someone who is looking for honest work and try to seem like having a real JOB is the worst thing possible.

(The only serial MLMer on this site who has a "real" JOB is Ohein56. That dude is working for his money for sure!...guaranteed!)

His buddy from the U.K......I wouldn't take that seriously.

IMO.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    Yep, good post!

I think they should be banned from any site/or email list masquerading as a new job opportunity.

That's how these low-life's need to find another method of feeding on someone who is looking for honest work and try to seem like having a real JOB is the worst thing possible.

(The only serial MLMer on this site who has a "real" JOB is Ohein56. That dude is working for his money for sure!...guaranteed!)

His buddy from the U.K......I wouldn't take that seriously.

IMO.
    MLM sort of implies scam like IBOFB implies dishonesty and outright lies.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

hang on .... doesn't Doyle claim MLM was a "life changer" for him?

Mike --

go look on Craigslist as the sales job section is packed with MLM type pgms

Best part? they run ads touting NO SALES involved yet these asses place the ads where?

In the SALES SECTION !!

Quote Originally Posted by rodney walker II View Post
    hang on .... doesn't Doyle claim MLM was a "life changer" for him?
    It certainly has been. Just shows there are two sides to every story.... and I don't go round ''selling'' it as a job, its way better than one of those.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

(1) implying a job opportunity is clearly dishonest and against the rules in legitimate MLMs. Who would want to go in to business with people you know from the outset are dishonest? Not an MLM compensation plan problem though, this is a badly trained or unethical person.

(2) Having a whole lot of people turn up when there's one prospect is just plain unprofessional and bad salesmanship. Not an MLM compensation plan problem though, this is just bad sales

(3) While pyramid schemes can be MLMs, legitimate MLMs are not pyramid schemes. If what you saw was a "clear pyramid scheme" then it should be avoided, but it makes as much sense to hold that against MLM as it is to hold it against the entire retailing sector as a whole

New to scam.com? This is what you can expect from MLM critics in support of their claims ....

Why the f-u-c-k do you need evidence all the time? - Zapticon
    You know that I don't provide proof of my claims - Once Upon A Time
    I have the information but I'm not posting it - Joecool