Cspan covered this about a year ago ....

seriously: what mentally balanced person would actually buy shit from Coulter, Palin or Hannity?
Yeah .. I know Snapper Dan and Conserv come to mind but here is reality:

The Conservative "bulk book buying machine" pushes Sarah Paliin's book to the top, after only the second day that it is available.
Just two days after HarperCollins announced that the release of Palin's memoir, "Going Rogue," had been moved up from the spring to Nov. 17, preorders for the former Alaska governor's book have made it No. 1 on Barnes & Noble.com on Wednesday and at No. 2 on Amazon.com, trailing only Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol."

Palin, in collaboration with author Lynn Vincent, completed her 400-page book just four months after agreeing to terms with HarperCollins, which plans a first printing of 1.5 million copies.

Yeah but is anybody actually going to READ it?

If you are unfamiliar with this particular scam, let me clue you in.

You see what the Conservatives do is pre-order a whole ton of books by one of their minions like Glenn Beck, or Bill O'Reilly, or Rush Limbaugh, Or Sean Hannity, or Sarah Palin, and then either change their mind, leaving the book store with a whole bunch of books that NOBODY wants, or they have their money laundering book outlet, the Conservative Book Club, sell the books later at a loss.

What this does is push these poorly written books to the top of the bestsellers list and cause panic among the few hundred people who may legitimately want to read one of these future doorstops, and they rush to the bookstore to reserve their copy before they are all sold out.

This way they reinforce the mythology that conservative authors sell way more books than do their liberal counterparts and they get to funnel a buttload of money to one of their Conservative mouthpieces without alerting the IRS to the scam.

Where does this money come from? Well I would look at the GOP fundraising machine and SarahPAC to start, when it comes to this particular book, but I do not personally have the resources to investigate much further.

But perhaps if somebody were to ask....oh I don't know...Rachel Maddow or Keith Olbermann to investigate? I bet THEY could get to the bottom of it pretty damn fast.

But one fact is irrefutable, NOBODY is buying this book for its literary qualities!

http://theimmoralminority.blogspot.c...g-machine.html