+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Signs in the heavens

This will be no ordinary year.

Beginning with God's Passover and ending with the Feast of Tabernacles next year. 2014-2015 is the beginning....

The heavens are putting on a celestial show next week — and one Christian pastor is convinced it’s a sign from God.

Bestselling author and televangelist Pastor John Hagee claims the four blood moons that will soon appear in the skies over America are evidence of a future “world-shaking event.”

The blood moons are part of a tetrad, a set of complete and consecutive lunar eclipses that will begin on April 15 and continue in roughly six-month intervals until October 2015.

According to NASA, seeing four complete lunar eclipses in a row is very rare. The skies were tetrad-free from 1600 to 1900. But in the 21st century, there will be many.

What’s even stranger is that Americans have a front row seat.

"The most unique thing about the 2014-2015 tetrad is that all of them are visible for all or parts of the USA," NASA eclipse expert Fred Espenak told CNN.

Hagee, founder of Texas’ Cornerstone Church, thinks this is no coincidence. For him, it's a sign of the end times.

The 73-year-old preacher has been preparing for the tetrad for years. He released a book about the blood moons last October and will go in depth about his speculations during a special TV event on April 15 on the Global Evangelism Television channel.

He points to Acts 2:19-20, which reads, “And I will show wonders in Heaven above and signs in the Earth beneath, the sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.”

In sermons to his flock, Hagee said that each of the blood moons happens on a religiously significant day.

The April 15 event happens during Passover. On Oct. 8, the blood moon will occur during the Feast of Tabernacles. Another blood moon will occur during Passover on April 4, 2015. The last will happen on Sept. 28, 2015, another Feast ot the Tabernacles.

For proof of his theory, Hagee finds connections between past tetrads and important events in the life of the Jewish people.

In 1493, a tetrad occurred while the Jews were being expelled from Spain. Another tetrad occurred in 1949, soon after the state of Israel was founded. The last tetrad happened in 1967, during the Six-Day War between Arabs and Israelis.

“Just as in biblical times, God is controlling the sun, the moon, and the stars to send our generation a signal that something big is about to happen. The question is: Are we watching and listening to His message?” Hagee writes in his book.

The pastor has sparked controversy in the past for comments he’s made about a wide range of topics — from homosexuality to Islam.

In 2008, Hagee was criticized for suggesting that Hurricane Katrina was a result of God’s wrath toward the city of New Orleans for planning a rally for gays and lesbians.

NASA is live-streaming the eclipse, which will begin at approximately 2 a.m. EDT on April 15.

Re: Signs in the heavens

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post

Beginning with God's Passover and ending with the Feast of Tabernacles next year. 2014-2015 is the beginning....

OH, so you also embrace Astrology?

Is that an acceptable Christian practice?
    Last edited by bibleman; 04-13-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    OH, so you also embrace Astrology?

Is that an acceptable Christian practice?
    Ghosts too. I think he may be worshiping idols by next month.

In 2008, Hagee was criticized for suggesting that Hurricane Katrina was a result of God’s wrath toward the city of New Orleans for planning a rally for gays and lesbians.
    Congrats on getting Homos into the argument. I'm pretty sure if he was honest he would have said "darkies" as well.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything...

Myth, flights of fancy, fantasy and fairy tales are all the 'believers' cling to.

Ignorance is the soil in which belief in miracles grows.

~ Robert Green Ingersoll
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

You should actually read the book you mock. If you ever did you'd know certain signs in the heavens --particularly the moon would signal the Last Days before the Great Tribulation. We are there NOW!

hey what about the sun going dark!?(solar eclipse) why isn't hagee mentioning that!? no religious significance there to link to!? and as far as i know historically astrology is the ORIGINAL science if we can call it that!? maybe original KNOWLEDGE is a better term!? :rotz: :bah: :spin2: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

You should actually read the book you mock. If you ever did you'd know certain signs in the heavens --particularly the moon would signal the Last Days before the Great Tribulation. We are there NOW!
    OK,...you're an 'end of times' believer...how nice.

You know of course that my mother heard the same baloney when she was a little girl. She was born in 1938.

Back to those 'god has long days', explanations huh?

Don't hold yer breath!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Does the book say to harass homos?

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    OK,...you're an 'end of times' believer...how nice.

You know of course that my mother heard the same baloney when she was a little girl. She was born in 1938.

Back to those 'god has long days', explanations huh?

Don't hold yer breath!
    The ironic thing is that people like him want the end of days so people like us will get what we have coming to us. You can tell by his bitter nature that he's not practicing what Christ told him.

Yes and it was foretold that a boy with a scar on his head would save the day at Hogwarts. And he did, so maybe you have hope

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    The ironic thing is that people like him want the end of days so people like us will get what we have coming to us. You can tell by his bitter nature that he's not practicing what Christ told him.
    That's my biggest problem with most bible worshipers, they're so often just POS hypocrites.

From evilbible.com...

Christians, they love to talk about how loving, dutiful and compassionate they are, yet I have yet to meet ONE who does not practice hypocrisy to the highest degree. Their willful ignorance of the Bible combined with their two faced idealism to preach it, has made us sick, hasn’t it? For nearly two thousand years Biblicists have been lecturing people on the importance of adhering to the Bible’s teachings on ethics, manners, and morality. They quote Jesus and Paul profusely, with a liberal sprinkling of Old Testament moralism. The problem with their approach lies not only in an oft- noted failure to practice what they preach, but an equally pronounced tendency to ignore what the Bible itself, preaches. Christians practice what can only be described as “selective morality”. What they like, they cling to and shove down other’s throats; what they don’t like, they ignore vehemently. That which is palatable and acceptable is supposedly applicable to all; while that which is obnoxious, inconvenient, or self-denying is only applicable to those addressed 2,000 years ago. Their hypocrisy is so rampant that even the validity of calling oneself “Christian” is in question.

Click Here!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

and one Christian pastor is convinced it’s a sign from God.
    If there was an Earthquake in his neighborhood, and it was located on the San Andreas Fault, it would be the same thing, con. A "sign from God!"

How many "Signs from God" have we had in the last two thousand years? And each and every one of them was a sign that the end was near.

What are you afraid of??? A little death is normal, or haven't you learned this fact from living your life?

And if the "Big, Big One" (Earth-destroying asteroid) hits us squarely, like the "8-ball" in the corner pocket, then we'll all die together.

That is the only thing for certain anyway.....live with it.

The really scary thing for me anymore would be to live my life paying homage to something that I am certain is not authentic!

Spent the second half of it finding out that I am responsible for everything that happens to me, not some "Supreme Being" that "created" me!

Bestselling author and televangelist Pastor John Hagee claims the four blood moons that will soon appear in the skies over America are evidence of a future “world-shaking event.”
    TRANSLATION: "Welcome to the Bronze Age!!"

The skies were tetrad-free from 1600 to 1900. But in the 21st century, there will be many.
    HMMM.......1600s-1900s...."tetrad-free"......Isn't it in the late 1600s when the Age Of Enlightenment started? And now with this "revelation" are we through with The Age Of Enlightenment and about to plunge back into The Dark Ages?

The 73-year-old preacher has been preparing for the tetrad for years. He released a book about the blood moons last October and will go in depth about his speculations during a special TV event on April 15 on the Global Evangelism Television channel.
    WOW! Looks like theres money to be made off of our return to The Dark Ages, or our impending doom.....which ever comes first!

But obviously God was ok with 2,900 innocent people dying in The World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

The only significant celestial event on, or around September 11, 2001 was this:

Sept. 18, 2001 Mercury in elongation

http://www.weasner.com/etx/ref_guides/events.html
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 04-14-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    Does the book say to harass homos?
    Feeling harassed? I didn't know you were plagued with that affliction. Is that what motivates your hate? This thread isn't about the sin of homosexuality. Opposing REDEFINING the definition of marriage is NOT harassment.

How about sticking to the TOPIC of the thread. If you want to talk about something else, START YOUR OWN DAMN TREAD rather than hijacking someone elses thread. THIS is why I seldom read the replies to my post. You offer NOTHING worthwhile.

Feeling harassed? I didn't know you were plagued with that affliction. Is that what motivates your hate? This thread isn't about the sin of homosexuality. Opposing REDEFINING the definition of marriage is NOT harassment.

How about sticking to the TOPIC of the thread. If you want to talk about something else, START YOUR OWN DAMN TREAD rather than hijacking someone elses thread. THIS is why I seldom read the replies to my post. You offer NOTHING worthwhile.

From what I can gather this thread is about someone trying to bend the text in a myth to their limited view of the world. The same way you try and use that myth to oppress people. The reason you ignore most replies to your threads is they make too much sense. Unlike your invisible magic man in the sky stories.

The only hate I demonstrate is the hatred for bigots of all ilks. It's funny your gut reaction is to assume I am gay since i defend them. Do you also assume I am black since i compare your methods to those used to keep the black population under the thumbs of the racists?

So here is some on topic talk.

You're an idiot if you think a lunar eclipse is a sign of the end of the world. Only an uneducated moron would latch on to that. Do you hide under the bad when there's a thunderstorm since god is angry?

And in the morning, It will be foul weather today: for the sky is red and overcast. O you hypocrites, you can discern the appearance of the sky; but can you not discern the signs of the times? -- Jesus

The sun will become dark, and the moon will turn blood red before that great and glorious day of the LORD arrives. -- Acts

the sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood. -- Joel 2

And the sun became black as a sack cloth of hair and the moon became like blood. -- Revelation 6