+ Reply to Thread

What to do with a poor service?

I used to spend a few days holidays in Algarve at one apart-hotel called Clube Maria Luisa. Don't get me wrong, the place is wonderful, but the hygiene is horrible. We arrived after check in and it was dirty everywhere and one time we even found a used condom there!!! :errr:

We complained at the reception and things don't improve, the cleaning lady seemed to be the boss around there. Apart from not returning there ever again, what can we do more?

Re: What to do with a poor service?

A used condom? And you didn't immediately leave?
    I would have left without paying and would complain to every board I could.
    I don't know how it is there specifically but there should be at least some board that controls the quality of hotels and aparthotels, see how many stars they have, that way you can also see what board gave them that rating.

LOL, should I left with the wife and kids and the paid place and the planes we've been doing for months? You can't be serious right? It's pretty much the wild west there.

I would post bad reviews on TripAdvisor and the like. Even though you're posting very negative things you can't be sued for it as long as it actually happened. I would definitely be upset if I found a used condom in a hotel I was staying at.

Yes, no question, rate them negatively online, I've done that, even though it was a real shame because that place was located in a heavenly place, with the ocean in sight, at a walking distance from the beach, and then that lousy service, beyond my understanding!

That sounds like a terrible experience! When I get bad service I really don't do much other than not tip for anything and leave a bad review online. Other than that there really isn't much you can do.

In addition to leaving less than favorable, but honest, reviews on travel sites I would keep pestering the hotel until I could speak to someone high up in management. The service you received is so far off the experience you should have had I feel like you should be properly compensated aka your stay refunded.

we can only complain to the head, to see if they willing to refund or give you some offers due to that, and remember that bad company name, and location, and avoid visiting there again.

It should help the trader understand your point of view and their legal obligation to sort out the problem

Hello Folks,

Besides an online complaint to the tripadvisor, I would rather recommend complaining officially by writing to the ministry of tourism industry in that country!

All the best,
    M@gN@c@rT@

LisaJo is offline I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.

It's not so many things that you really can do:
    1. Try to compare to a head.
    2. Make bad reviews about it online and leave comments where you describe the situation.
    I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.

I know what you mean, sometimes service is awful... have you ever tried to find a person who you can stay for some time?
    it's much better than choose between varities of hotels, try it number 1 dating app. it can afford you to travel almost free of charge if you find a right person)