+ Reply to Thread

Doctobe is offline alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta ...... User Rank
    UC Berkeley, UC Davis, Silicon Valley, CA

Curiosity is good for you.

I think one of the best ways anyone can increase their knowledge about the world around them is to simply be curious. True, some people are simply born with a higher mental capacity for a certain area of knowledge than others. For the majority of us humans who are not prodigies or geniuses, we can without doubt expand our capacity beyond our own assumed limits to experience life on a much greater scale simply by asking questions.

Why exactly is the sky blue? How are bridges built across water? How hard is it to actually run a farm?
    How did the people of Easter Island transport the Moai across the island given their enormous size and weight?

One does not have to have a Ph.D. in Cosmology to see how incredibly beautiful and mysterious the universe is, nor does one need to be a certified mechanic to fix his or her own vehicle with certain problems.

Curiosity may have killed the cat. For us humans however, it's just the beginning.
    Last edited by Doctobe; 04-08-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Re: Curiosity is good for you.

Well said Doctobe and I might add, the more we know, the more ignorant we know we are, that is the effect knowledge has on us. In fact there are so many things in our world and across the universe that we are nothing more than small dots with much to learn.

Re: Curiosity is good for you.

dont forget...........curiosity KILLED the CAT and THEY have 9 LIVES!! the universe MAY look beautiful but it's REALLY out to KILL YOU?! :2gunsfiring_v1::freak3::judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you