+ Reply to Thread

Do Christians need saving?

As an Atheist, Do I have an obligation to show my Christian friends that they are wrong?
    Should I show them how there is no God and they are wasting their time?

Because they sure feel like the opposite is true, always talking to me about their God and being preachy...

Re: Do Christians need saving?

Quote Originally Posted by Strykstar View Post
    As an Atheist, Do I have an obligation to show my Christian friends that they are wrong?
    Should I show them how there is no God and they are wasting their time?

Because they sure feel like the opposite is true, always talking to me about their God and being preachy...

My personal philosophy is to live and let live..........I don't argue at work or elsewhere, and I don't demand that people take it back if they say "God bless you" when I sneeze. I don't tell them to go f%#$ themselves if they tell me to have a blessed day.........

BUT, if I'm asked a direct question, I'll give a direct answer. And when challenges, I'll stand by what I know.

Except on here....on here, I'll pick fights and argue............especially with Cnance and his dream dinosaurs smoking the weed with his dual god....... Cnance - don't be mad, man! Just :2gunsfiring_v1: me back. heheheh.

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    My personal philosophy is to live and let live..........I don't argue at work or elsewhere, and I don't demand that people take it back if they say "God bless you" when I sneeze. I don't tell them to go f%#$ themselves if they tell me to have a blessed day.........

BUT, if I'm asked a direct question, I'll give a direct answer. And when challenges, I'll stand by what I know.
    I think that's exactly what I feel is the right attitude to have, I try to do the same, but people seem to always try to convert me. :madgo:

PS: let me just say I'm very surprised to find you an atheist with that username :)

Quote Originally Posted by Strykstar View Post
    PS: let me just say I'm very surprised to find you an atheist with that username :)

Yeah....I get that a LOT. heheh

I am not here to judge you or condemn you, But the truth is that there is a God he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. That one day we would be truly saved, I believe that you are really afraid of letting your friends in because you don't want to be overwhelmed with the truth.
    Its like information overload, they are only trying to steer you in the right the direction. But in the end it will be your choice as to what you want to do with your life.

P.S. I hope I helped

Quote Originally Posted by vatrecia View Post
    I am not here to judge you or condemn you, But the truth is that there is a God he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. That one day we would be truly saved, I believe that you are really afraid of letting your friends in because you don't want to be overwhelmed with the truth.
    Its like information overload, they are only trying to steer you in the right the direction. But in the end it will be your choice as to what you want to do with your life.

P.S. I hope I helped

LOL - look through some of the threads here - the real discussions, not the back and forths, and read them. Give us some of your thoughtful answers and insights. Not the pat responses you've been doing, but some real meat from your study and knowledge of the bible.