+ Reply to Thread

Investing in the stock market

Do you think the stock market is a huge scam or is it something legit? I find hard to believe that when we invest in something that can change it's value several times in 1 second that we are discussing something serious... Would you invest?

Re: Investing in the stock market

yes by all means do invest. I am an active stock market investor. I recommend that everyone studies about the market and get classic textbook on investing. You may wish to get an adviser like a full service broker or at least get into mutual funds from any for the major family of funds ( Fidelity,Vanguard, T Rowe Price,etc). start early on. Also learn to read the Wall street Journal and Barron's Financial weekly. if you are adventurous also try a newsletter like The Bowser report and learn to trade micro cap stocks . or try Motley Fool newsletter. use an online service like Scot-trade. there are endless possibilities. first study basic books on it then branch out :judges:

The stock market is manipulated but it's not a scam. You can get chewed up quickly if you're trying to trade the market. It's too manipulated. But if you're looking to invest, you can still do reasonably well without having to worry about the manipulation. Good companies will always do well regardless of stock manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare3000 View Post
    yes by all means do invest. I am an active stock market investor. I recommend that everyone studies about the market and get classic textbook on investing. You may wish to get an adviser like a full service broker or at least get into mutual funds from any for the major family of funds ( Fidelity,Vanguard, T Rowe Price,etc). start early on. Also learn to read the Wall street Journal and Barron's Financial weekly. if you are adventurous also try a newsletter like The Bowser report and learn to trade micro cap stocks . or try Motley Fool newsletter. use an online service like Scot-trade. there are endless possibilities. first study basic books on it then branch out :judges:
    This seems to be working out great for you, but all you describe seems a long process of learning. Having no knowledge like me, what can I do to make an investment? I need to get informed first right, there are no free meals I imagine...

Stocks is all about the numbers. If you can manage to know how the market trends are then be sure to earn a lot of money from the stock market. It is that simple actually but if not careful you can lose a lot of money also