+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 20

Thread: Darwin scam

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    51

    Darwin scam

    I think that Darwin might have been a really intelligent person, but his evolutionist theory so widely accepted by everyone is nothing more than a scam. There is no proof that people or animals do evolve and small adaptations don't prove any sort of evolution. Where do you stand here?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Darwin scam

    Quote Originally Posted by Peninha View Post
    I think that Darwin might have been a really intelligent person, but his evolutionist theory so widely accepted by everyone is nothing more than a scam. There is no proof that people or animals do evolve and small adaptations don't prove any sort of evolution. Where do you stand here?
    I stand with the people who know how to use google before they make claims suggesting that millions of hard working people are incompetant or are part of a world wide conspiracy. Think of this next time you go into work.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_descent

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: Darwin scam

    Quote Originally Posted by Peninha View Post
    I think that Darwin might have been a really intelligent person, but his evolutionist theory so widely accepted by everyone is nothing more than a scam. There is no proof that people or animals do evolve and small adaptations don't prove any sort of evolution. Where do you stand here?
    There is plenty of proof, just follow spector's suggestion above and educate yourself about it.

    Few scientific theories have been scrutinized the way evolution has, few theories are so well documented, researched, probed and verified.
    Have you missed all that?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    51

    Re: Darwin scam

    Sure, also, there is plenty of evidence mainly in the US that there are no climatic changes right? You guys can say I have lack of education, but I simply might not agree with those evidences presented...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Darwin scam

    Quote Originally Posted by Peninha View Post
    Sure, also, there is plenty of evidence mainly in the US that there are no climatic changes right? You guys can say I have lack of education, but I simply might not agree with those evidences presented...
    Your welcome to your opinion.

    But that doesn't mean your opinion is honest, intelligent or respectable.

    And I and others also more than welcome to have an opinion of you and your character.

    On almost any other topic both professional and personal. Your behavior and selective reality would be looked down upon. I see no reason not do the same on this topic.

    Why should I afford you special treatment on this one topic? Do think I should?


    That all being said. If you don't believe the evidence for evolution can you provide us evidence for creationism?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    51

    Re: Darwin scam

    LOL, there is no evidence for creationism as you might know it because we cannot prove what goes beyond the reason or the mind, it's simply beyond that. At the same time we know that dinosaurs existed and after that men came, a simple step on evolution you say?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    389

    Re: Darwin scam

    Interesting to read about people who don't "believe" in evolution, when in fact, evolution is a fact, not a theory. You can't negate a fact. You can negate a theory, a belief, faith, a feeling, an inkling, but not the fact of evolution by natural selection.

    It is a lot easier for people who don't understand or are not interested in understanding the science to say that a greater being simply "created" everything.

    Of course, by saying that He (God, in this instance) created everything "perfect", then there'd be no need for evolution.

    However, beliefs or ideas aside, you can't refute science, or argue against fact.
    Perhaps you should teach your beliefs and not try to link religion and science together.
    When in doubt, Meditate!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: Darwin scam

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybee View Post
    Interesting to read about people who don't "believe" in evolution, when in fact, evolution is a fact, not a theory. You can't negate a fact. You can negate a theory, a belief, faith, a feeling, an inkling, but not the fact of evolution by natural selection.
    There is very often a confusion between "fact" and "theory"... but that confusion usually occurs among the people trying to refute evolution and other scientific theories.

    Science is about building theories. Those theories are supported by observations and facts.

    As an example, gravity is a theory, but it's supported by some pretty solid facts. Therefore, very few will try to argue against gravity, but they can have different opinions on the theory explaining why gravity is there and why it works the way it does.

    The same with evolution. The facts and observations behind the theory of evolution are very solid. They are solid to a degree that makes it very hard to argue against evolution happening the way it is described in the theory.

    Then we have the driving forces behind evolution and the mechanisms that makes it happen. I'm sure there are fuzzy areas there that are worked on by devoted scientists in an effort to make the theory better and the understanding of the mechanisms more complete.

    Evolution happens. That's something we can observe, just like we can observe apples falling to the ground when we drop them.
    The theory of evolution tries to explain why it happens and how it happens. The theory is pretty well understood and well supported by the facts and observations at hand.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Darwin scam

    Quote Originally Posted by Peninha View Post
    LOL, there is no evidence for creationism as you might know it because we cannot prove what goes beyond the reason or the mind, it's simply beyond that.
    Yes I'm fully aware that there is no evidence for creationism. That's why proponents of creationism often spend there time attacking and stomping on the work of others while providing nothing in return. I have little respect for vandels.

    Hence why I was trying to steer you towards some respectable positive arguments.


    and you are righ we can't prove what goes on mind or reason...... Kinda like you can't prove i'm not a pink dinosaur named Bob who created the universe by laying a magic egg in my time ship if you use that level of logic.

    You may like the creatinist idea more, but from a reality stand point it's just as good as a pink dinosaur.

    At the same time we know that dinosaurs existed and after that men came, a simple step on evolution you say?
    I don't believe dinosaurs and man are related.

    Also it's simple if you think about if you go one step at a time.
    It gets a little more complex and full when you think about it millions of steps taking place over several million years.

    You might find the website below interesting. It allows you search up 2 animals and than see the last point they shared a common ansesctor.
    http://www.timetree.org/
    It also contains maps of the current known tree of life.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    50

    Re: Darwin scam

    Evolution is something I have studied quite a bit and personally I don't believe in macro evolution. I do believe in micro evolution and we can see that all around us, but I don't believe what Darwin taught about Macro evolution.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    74

    Re: Darwin scam

    Quote Originally Posted by Peninha View Post
    Sure, also, there is plenty of evidence mainly in the US that there are no climatic changes right? You guys can say I have lack of education, but I simply might not agree with those evidences presented...
    So you discredit the evidence because you don't personally like it?

    Seems legit.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Darwin scam

    Quote Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
    Evolution is something I have studied quite a bit and personally I don't believe in macro evolution. I do believe in micro evolution and we can see that all around us, but I don't believe what Darwin taught about Macro evolution.
    Please do us all a favor and don't pretend you studied evolution.
    You studied creationist apologetics.

    If you had studied evolution than you wouldn't have started out by calling it a scam and saying that there is no proof to any of it.

    So either you are lying about how much you studied evolution or you were lying when you started this thread.

    You are not going to convince anyone that your view has merit if you keep up with this double speak.

  13. #13

    Re: Darwin scam

    Evolution was a long journey of thousands years and nobody had seen it through his/her eyes, but all about it is based on estimation, so it is supposed to be a theory.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Darwin scam

    Quote Originally Posted by kathy9876 View Post
    Evolution was a long journey of thousands years and nobody had seen it through his/her eyes, but all about it is based on estimation, so it is supposed to be a theory.
    No evolution is FACT that has been observed in nature and in a lab, how it has shaped the diversity of life on this planet is theory.

    Kinda like gravity, plate tectonics, germ theory and a thousand other theories that you accept with the same level of proof and understanding that you accept evolution.

    Do you have a better idea to offer? or did you just drop by to make a random statement in the belief that it will somehow make you a better christian.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    15,510

    Re: Darwin scam

    I think the official name is "Darwin's THEORY of evolution". I don't think it is a scam, I think its a highly intelligent guess, made WAY AHEAD of his time.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Darwin scam

    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    I think the official name is "Darwin's THEORY of evolution". I don't think it is a scam, I think its a highly intelligent guess, made WAY AHEAD of his time.
    Actually it's the "evolution the Origen is species"

    And it's not a guess. But rather the culmination of over 20 years of work by Darwin and many others both before and after him.

Similar Threads

  1. Segway owner: Darwin'd out of existance!
    By danrush1966 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 12:45 AM
  2. Darwin was an atheist!
    By Cnance in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 08:47 AM
  3. Yo Gen. Bolden, was Darwin an astronomer, man?!
    By aguest in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 12:22 PM
  4. Darwin Award of the Day
    By nomlms4me in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 07:39 PM
  5. The REAL death of Darwin?
    By enlightenment in forum Science Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 09:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •