+ Reply to Thread

(LOL) Love Online SCAM

I know of a scam operated here in my country that targets foreign men looking for online relationships. Some people here in my country work as chat agents pretending to be an attractive woman. They are what you call the "CATFISH". They make foreign men fall for them and when their victim is fully "groomed" they will now begin to ask financial assistance from the foreigner. The usual lies of the
    scammers are; mother is sick and needs to be hospitalized, tuition fees, "I cannot pay the internet bill anymore".

Don't fall for these scammers. Always look for signs. Ask for a fan-sign, or better yet, ask for a skype chat right away. And of course, Never give money to someone you just met online!

Re: (LOL) Love Online SCAM

It seems like there are more and more dating sites that are coming out that are complete scams. It's pretty messed up, most of these people are already lonely and because of that will spend money to find love, but then sites come along like this that give no value and just take money.

Re: (LOL) Love Online SCAM

Actually, they can hunt for victims outside of dating sites like other social networking sites. The agents infiltrate chat rooms, forums, etc. The thing is, there's even a makeshift company here in my country that hires people to become chat agents. Some agents go solo and do it on their own. I know of one guy that used a local celebrity's photo to entice a wealthy foreigner. The guy was a friend of a friend of mine. I heard that he managed to scam $2000+ from the poor guy.

I am so against this because it is wrong and I also use dating sites every now and then. It's a great way to make new online acquaintances. I still want to believe that there are some trustworthy netizens out there but those scammers make guys like me to think twice about it.
    Last edited by santorebirth; 04-07-2014 at 08:40 PM.