+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: God Never Fails

God Never Fails

Where governments fail, God never fails.

When God says it, it’s done. God never fails. When God wills it, you better get out the way. ‘Cause God never fails. When God fixes it, oh believe me, it’s fixed. God never fails. Somebody right now, you think you can’t make it, but I want you to know you are more than a conqueror, through Christ you can do all things, through Christ who strengthens you. To the world, it looked like God has failed in God’s plan of salvation when the saviour that was sent by God was put to death on a Friday afternoon. It looked like God failed. But hallelujah, on Sunday morning the angels in Heaven were singing, “God never fails.” You can’t put down what God raises up. God never fails. You can’t keep down what God wants up. God never fails. If God can get a three-day Jesus up out of a grave, what’s going on in your life that in anyway can’t match what God has already done? He’ll abides with you, he’ll reside in you, and he’ll preside over your problems if you take them to Him and leave them with Him. Don’t take them back – turn to your neighbour and say “stop taking your problems back.” Should we always bring our problems to the altar and then do we just them right on back to our seats? Turn and say “Stop taking them back!” God never fails. Turn and tell them “God never fails!” God never fails!

God never fails.
    Donate to the Salvation Army - Click Here

Re: God Never Fails

Oh God... here we go again...

Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Don View Post

When God says it, it’s done. God never fails. When God wills it, you better get out the way. ‘Cause God never fails. When God fixes it, oh believe me, it’s fixed. God never fails. Somebody right now, you think you can’t make it, but I want you to know you are more than a conqueror, through Christ you can do all things, through Christ who strengthens you. To the world, it looked like God has failed in God’s plan of salvation when the saviour that was sent by God was put to death on a Friday afternoon. It looked like God failed. But hallelujah, on Sunday morning the angels in Heaven were singing, “God never fails.” You can’t put down what God raises up. God never fails. You can’t keep down what God wants up. God never fails. If God can get a three-day Jesus up out of a grave, what’s going on in your life that in anyway can’t match what God has already done? He’ll abides with you, he’ll reside in you, and he’ll preside over your problems if you take them to Him and leave them with Him. Don’t take them back – turn to your neighbour and say “stop taking your problems back.” Should we always bring our problems to the altar and then do we just them right on back to our seats? Turn and say “Stop taking them back!” God never fails. Turn and tell them “God never fails!” God never fails!

God never fails.
    OK that's IT........you NEED to go TOE to TOE with DR. PHIL!? by your PIC i ASSume you BOTH are just GOLIATHS with a CHOSEN CAUSE!? who's your DADDY!? BMOC!? : :yelcutelaughA: :crazy1: :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

YES! GOD NEVER FAILS.. TO SLIP-UP. Let me ask you something Mr. Deacon Sir, where was he when the devil tempted Adam and Eve? Was he in his room playing with his dollies? :D

God never fails.
    Nothing like some fresh fanaticism.

So when priests rape little children does god protect them or does he fail?

The so called word of god is full of fails. Right? OR am I taking it out of context....lol

In the military there's a concept that one can delegate authority, but not responsibility.

I think that this thought fits in this discussion....

Even if we somehow get around the fact that God knew before founding the world what we and all of humanity will ever do, thus taking away the idea of free will, and we state that God granted us the authority to decide our own lives and fates, the responsibility of his creation and the actions of creation are His.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by bibleman; 04-08-2014 at 08:02 PM.

God never fails.

Somebody didn't read his Bible.
    There are plenty of examples in the Good Book where God did indeed fail at something.
    Omnipotence and omniscience are human inventions trying to explain things or trying to make their tribal deity look better than another tribe's. Neither exist in the ways that people envision them as being.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfHenryHiggins View Post
    Somebody didn't read his Bible.
    There are plenty of examples in the Good Book where God did indeed fail at something.

Judges 1
    19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Judges 1
    19 And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
    if ya cant BEAT EM.................JOIN EM!? but HEY the MOUNTAIN is a STRATEGIC advantage ANYWAY!? just ask BIN LADEN....errr....whoever took his place!? he got to HOMEYFIED by the WOMAN thang maybe!? :1crysad: : :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

God never fails.
    If one looks close enough, with an open mind, god blows it BIG TIME and OFTEN.

Click Here!

Wake up, rev!

Hey DD, you never did clear up your misquote about those evil "homosexuals"?

In case you missed it...Click Here

I'd love to hear a deacons perspective.

PS, if "God never fails", what happened with Gays? Isn't that an EPIC FAIL on his part, or is that the devils doing?
    Last edited by ohein56; 04-29-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

So,...still no rebut for the "homosexual" misquote from DeaconDon, huh?!

No surprise here....

“Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.”
    ― George Gordon Byron
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Hey DeaconDon, I took a look at the FAQ page on your PassionCityChurch site.

It sounds all good, unless you're gay, then all bets are off, huh?

How 'Christ-like' of y'alling1:...! Keep yer blinders on!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Hey DeaconDon, I took a look at the FAQ page on your PassionCityChurch site.

It sounds all good, unless you're gay, then all bets are off, huh?

How 'Christ-like' of y'alling1:...! Keep yer blinders on!
    I read some of those "evil-bible" quotes. It seems morality is like what Einstein said, everything is relative. As for God condemning based on strict guidelines, I think it's true. If you take a moral position based on some kind of deviant behavior (Judeo-Christian morality) you come out condemning a lot of people. I think however the Bible doesn't represent God's true purpose. I think more than a moral order God wants obedience. I say that based on a dream I had about his chosen people. Concerning OT times, God said, "they didn't obey my commandments, not one single commandment!" That is a very strict position, one that is difficult to explain. I think it was about God wanting to establish His sense of morality, and to do that he demanded his chosen people reject all pagan Gods. After that, what remains? Back then pagan gods where everywhere. Well, it seems humans are not a very obedient. Thinking may be harmful to our health. I think lexx may have something to say about that. I haven't done a good job explaining.:sun_smiley::rasta:

God's demand for obedience may explain a lot. I believe in heaven there is no democracy. God is the center of everything, there is no room for different opinions, for debates, serious intellectual discussions, or questions about God's way of doing things. In heaven it is all about God's glory, holiness, beauty and the profound mystery of His duality. It comes back to freewill. Humans have choices, they can be independent, or they can be obedient. I think it's that simple. The implications for obedience to God has dire consequence for the fate of humankind. For what I've said about obedience doesn't make me any different. In the end, we all end up the same. I would be better off not knowing. Then, I would be at peace with the world. I do however prefer some kind of moral order, otherwise everything is so messy. :judges::liefde::king22:
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-15-2014 at 10:51 PM.

God's demand for obedience may explain a lot. I believe in heaven there is no democracy.
    What makes you think that a "God" demands obedience? The bible? The same book thats full of rumors? And whatever happened to our supposed god-given gift of "Free Will?"

Also Cnance, do you realize that obedience is the lowest form of conformity there is? We use it to train our animals as their minds, unlike a human beings, are incapable of reflection.

I would think that by some long-shot if there is this Christian-type of God, with all of the human attributes, it wouldn't want obedience from it's higher creatures, but simply long for conformity from them towards each other and themselves, along the lines of love, honor, and amity.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    I read some of those "evil-bible" quotes. It seems morality is like what Einstein said, everything is relative. As for God condemning based on strict guidelines, I think it's true. If you take a moral position based on some kind of deviant behavior (Judeo-Christian morality) you come out condemning a lot of people. I think however the Bible doesn't represent God's true purpose. I think more than a moral order God wants obedience. I say that based on a dream I had about his chosen people. Concerning OT times, God said, "they didn't obey my commandments, not one single commandment!" That is a very strict position, one that is difficult to explain. I think it was about God wanting to establish His sense of morality, and to do that he demanded his chosen people reject all pagan Gods. After that, what remains? Back then pagan gods where everywhere. Well, it seems humans are not a very obedient. Thinking may be harmful to our health. I think Lexx may have something to say about that. I haven't done a good job explaining.:sun_smiley::rasta:

God's demand for obedience may explain a lot. I believe in heaven there is no democracy. God is the center of everything, there is no room for different opinions, for debates, serious intellectual discussions, or questions about God's way of doing things. In heaven it is all about God's glory, holiness, beauty and the profound mystery of His duality. It comes back to freewill. What does "freewill " have to do with your explanation of gods desire for "obedience" in heaven?
    You said, [in heaven]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cnance
    God is the center of everything, there is no room for different opinions, for debates, serious intellectual discussions, or questions about God's way of doing things
    seriously!! no room for any of that, huh?!...sounds like hell to me...your god sounds like an egomaniac! no freewill at all imo! Just sit around and worship god cause he's a "jealous god"...and needs constant attention, huh?!ing1:

For someone that's suppossed to be ubiquitous, he sure is fickle and needy.

Also, this has all been explained to you where? How do you come to these conclusions...the bible? or worse, ...your dreams?!:judges:

Interesting spin though...I'll give you that much!

Humans have choices, they can be independent,
    Lets see here, you say us humans have "choices"? Worship god faithfully, as he sees fit, or your soul burns in hell for an eternity...you call that choice?!

or they can be obedient. I think it's that simple.
    Yep, firings will continue until moral improves...I've heard it all before. Nice "choice" there! It's for our own good right?

The implications for obedience to God has dire consequence for the fate of humankind. For what I've said about obedience doesn't make me any different. In the end, we all end up the same. I would be better off not knowing. Then, I would be at peace with the world. I do however prefer some kind of moral order, otherwise everything is so messy. :judges::liefde::king22:
    So, without god & the bible, there's no moral order?! Really?! Interesting take on it...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    What makes you think that a "God" demands obedience? The bible? The same book thats full of rumors? And whatever happened to our supposed god-given gift of "Free Will?"

Also Cnance, do you realize that obedience is the lowest form of conformity there is? We use it to train our animals as their minds, unlike a human beings, are incapable of reflection.

I would think that by some long-shot if there is this Christian-type of God, with all of the human attributes, it wouldn't want obedience from it's higher creatures, but simply long for conformity from them towards each other and themselves, along the lines of love, honor, and amity.
    Freedom is a human invention resulting from our ability to think and manipulate symbols. Except for our brains, we are not much different from infra-human species. I believe in paradise, which was during the dinosaur era, God's creatures loved Him, and were therefore obedient. When the creatures rejected God, they became disobedient. I guess we are getting into the semantics of obedience. In another context, if creatures worship and adore God without seeking their own wills, they are obedient. As soon as creatures began choosing paths away from paradise and God they became independent.

In the context of civilization, obedience is the lowest form of conformity. That is of course based human traditions, i.e. philosophy, etc. I think you are doing a good job of presenting an argument for why humans are not, and never will be obedient to God.

You brought up a "Christian-type of God" that derives from the NT authors, which in many ways contradicts the OT Lord. If you don't like being obedient to the Lord God, and you think OT characters and prophets were fools for giving up their independence, then you have a good case against God. That is, of course, my opinion. The "Christian-type of God" was made up to satisfying believers who wanted that kind of God. It all started with the son of God, who understands believers every need and who intercedes for them to make their lives fulfilling. It kind of eliminates direct contact with God, allowing for sinners to pray to the son for salvation. A modern day Hollywood writer could not come up with a better script. It has worked for nearly two thousand years. You take human cultures, human desires, human weaknesses, human wills, stir it into a hot pot until well done. Now, you have Christianity.

It is the natural state of the world. After humans murdered Jesus (God), God decided to depart earth. Now we live in a capricious world subject to human's creative genus. As for reasons why, I don't know. I can only speculate. I think it's because in heaven there is no such think as independence from God. Satan suffered banishment for exercising his will against God.

Knowing you and our past discussions I predict you'll think it's all BS. After all, you don't believe in God. Without our agreeing to at least some ideas about God, there is little chance for a real discussion.
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-15-2014 at 04:20 PM.