+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 17 to 22 of 22

Thread: God Never Fails

  1. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,867

    Re: God Never Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56

    You said, [in heaven
    seriously!! no room for any of that, huh?!...sounds like hell to me...your god sounds like an egomaniac! no freewill at all imo! Just sit around and worship god cause he's a "jealous god"...and needs constant attention, huh?!ing1:
    That is of course your human opinion. I don't believe the angels have any problem worshipping God. They were created for that purpose. It's no problem for them, they are attracted to God like bees to honey. It's because of his holiness and eternal beauty. Angels don't have a day to plan, no goals to meet, no burning ambition to fulfill, and no ideas or ideology to promote. All they have is eternity with God. I guess you would have to be in their shoes to understand.

    Since God is the only being who can create anything, why would a creature try to compete. It is like trying to row upstream with a strong current against you, there is no chance you can ever make it. Humans have opportunities to make lives for themselves, but it only last for a short time, then it's over. They can think they're making a positive contribution to their children or civilization, but in the end it is a fruitless exercise, one destined to end.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56
    [QUOTE
    For someone that's suppossed to be ubiquitous, he sure is fickle and needy.
    I am not sure about ubiquitous, that has been made up by theologians. If you assume God created the universe as a prison for Satan, life takes on a different meaning. For the most part, God is not in our world. Except for a brief period of intervention (Bible) God has been away on a long vacation in heaven. I don't believe God is needy, he's just God. He has no need to seek approval because, being perfect, he is the one who is sought out.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56
    [QUOTE
    Also, this has all been explained to you where? How do you come to these conclusions...the bible? or worse, ...your dreams?!:judges:

    I don't like to be ridiculed for my dreams, so I try not to mention them. I certainly have not learned what I know from the Christian community. If I am wrong, it makes no difference

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56
    [QUOTE
    Interesting spin though...I'll give you that much!
    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56
    [QUOTE
    Lets see here, you say us humans have "choices"? Worship god faithfully, as he sees fit, or your soul burns in hell for an eternity...you call that choice?!
    I don't believe in hell, when we die, just like other species, we turn to dust. Rather than praising human domination of earth, God was displeased. Remember my dinosaur thread. That was when God was with his creatures in paradise. Since then, species have evolved. God preferred that the earth continue to evolve after the fall of paradise. We are collateral damage from that event. However, God did intervene in human affairs and offered humans a relationship. Evidently, humans have rejected God's primary rule, which is obedience. If humans are not obedient to God's will or if they don't obey his commandments, they won't be with him in heaven. The Christian idea of heaven being a pluralist society is nonsense. In heaven, there is only God. Think of it this way, before God created angels, he was by himself, or not completely. No one seems to understand this part. God is a duality, so in heaven God was his own companion, each God enjoying the other.

    It's a harsh reality that I propose. When I die I don't expect anything but unconsciousness, that is our fate. I think there was a time during OT times when God proposed a way to have a relationship with him. That relationship was based on obedience. I already mentioned my dream about God's demand for obedience. You don't have to believe it. If you do, you may be the first. Others have listened, but after considering my ideas about God, etc. they say uh, no way.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56
    [QUOTE
    Yep, firings will continue until moral improves...I've heard it all before. Nice "choice" there! It's for our own good right?
    I think after God's experience with his chosen people he gave up. Now it is just a matter of time and the world will cease to exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56
    [QUOTE
    So, without god & the bible, there's no moral order?! Really?! Interesting take on it...
    No, I think there would be a moral order, one based on human culture. God attempted to bring about a moral order based on his principles, that began with the Ten Commandments. There is something else however that is necessary to have a relationship with God, humans must obey his commandments. It seems so simple, just do what God commands. if God were an ugly monster there would be a good reason to reject him. However, because God is holy and irresistibly beautiful, there isn't a good reason for rejection. And yet, humans seek their own destiny apart from God.:angel::king22::sun_smiley::judges:
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-15-2014 at 08:07 PM.

  2. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Glendale Az
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: God Never Fails

    I think you are doing a good job of presenting an argument for why humans are not, and never will be obedient to God.
    You first need to believe in a God, Cnance.

    No one would believe in anything if they didn't have a sound reason. Free-thinking people are provided valid reasons like everyone else which are fixed in our shared reality, for their beliefs.

    Believing people, that is people of 'faith,' have the same tools at their disposal, yet aren't free-thinking people since there is no proof to attach to a reason to believe in a God, since there is no foundational, or real proof offered for one.

    So instead of having a reason-based belief they invent reasons to have their faith.
    Simple, huh?
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,867

    Re: God Never Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    You first need to believe in a God, Cnance.

    No one would believe in anything if they didn't have a sound reason. Free-thinking people are provided valid reasons like everyone else which are fixed in our shared reality, for their beliefs.

    Believing people, that is people of 'faith,' have the same tools at their disposal, yet aren't free-thinking people since there is no proof to attach to a reason to believe in a God, since there is no foundational, or real proof offered for one.

    So instead of having a reason-based belief they invent reasons to have their faith.
    Simple, huh?
    I have no problems with those ideas. My reason for ideas about God are based on personal experiences, which, of course, I cannot prove. So, we can discuss based on what I believe without any evidence. It might go back to our old "origin of universe" debate, but that would be like beating a dead horse, it would come out the same.

    For my Bible beliefs, I connect to the Old Testament because I can identify with the prophets and others, there's commonality of experience in that universe of ideas about God. I have serious problems however with the New Testament as per my thread about Christian lies. I am continuing to research the topics. Apparently, making up so many absurd stories to promote Christianity, they've become Christian saints, the better the story the better the heavenly reward. I'm going to do some research on manuscript Q, which the gospels used for a reference. Too bad, we don't have the original manuscript.
    Last edited by Cnance; 05-17-2014 at 10:35 AM.

  4. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,324

    Re: God Never Fails

    It makes me wonder why people make these wild ass claims like the OP and never hang around to debate. Whats up with that?

  5. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Glendale Az
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: God Never Fails

    It makes me wonder why people make these wild ass claims like the OP and never hang around to debate. Whats up with that?
    I would guess that he sees himself as beaten. When your premise is based on an unknowable, un-seeable, undetectable Entity, brother its hard to make a connection to it with anything but a static, un-changable, belief taught to you by others stagnating in the same muddy pond.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

  6. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: God Never Fails

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    It makes me wonder why people make these wild ass claims like the OP and never hang around to debate. Whats up with that?
    IMO, cause their position can't be held without taking that 'leap of faith' thingy...:judges:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Similar Threads

  1. When All Else Fails, LAUGH!
    By CarlinAnnArbor in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-19-2015, 07:55 PM
  2. MLM Fails By Design?
    By Joecool44 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 10-22-2014, 12:27 PM
  3. Socialism Fails. Again.
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 03:12 PM
  4. When deregulation fails.
    By Blue Crab of PAIN!!! in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 11:53 AM
  5. Top ten Islamic fails
    By danrush1966 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 06:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •