+ Reply to Thread

Religion is just mind control of the masses

Here's my conspiracy theory about religion:

Religion is nothing but mind control of the masses. Religion is just trying to control your mind, control your thoughts, so they’re gonna tell you some things you shouldn’t say because they’re…sins. And besides telling you things you shouldn’t say, religion is gonna suggest some things that you ought to be saying; “Here’s something you ought to say first thing when you wake up in the morning; here’s something you ought to say just before you go to sleep at night; here’s something we always say on the third Wednesday in April after the first full moon in spring at 4 o’clock when the bells ring.” Religion is always suggesting things you ought to be saying.

Re: Religion is just mind control of the masses

Religion gives people hope in their terrible lives. It is not mind control. The masses will do what they want, there's no hypnotic trance they plug into people's minds.

I think the people that abuse religious power is shameful and they probably use mind control tactics to take advantage of weak-minded people. But religion in itself is what you want it to be. It should be personal, it should be based on love and striving to be a better human being.
    When in doubt, Meditate!

White people are crazy with religion, you get all nuts, for reals!
    Black turn it into a social gathering of friends and family and singing and connecting with God.
    You don't see black people in those crazy cults. Hell no. Its stringy white bitches and nerdy dudes with coke bottle glasses and look like dey gonna serial kill your ass. Those guys scare me. Cannibals too. Those crazy assed religions....brainwashing you mofos.

I think religion can be a very good thing. However, like anything else, there are corrupt players involved. Religion is what you want it to be and for a lot of people, it's a great thing. It brings family, friends and God together. There's nothing wrong with that! I think it gives people hope and comfort, too. Of course there are those nuts who ruin it for everyone else. They will sadly always be around, corrupting a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell No View Post
    White people are crazy with religion, you get all nuts, for reals!
    Black turn it into a social gathering of friends and family and singing and connecting with God.
    You don't see black people in those crazy cults. Hell no. Its stringy white bitches and nerdy dudes with coke bottle glasses and look like dey gonna serial kill your ass. Those guys scare me. Cannibals too. Those crazy assed religions....brainwashing you mofos.
    Racist prick. What is with all of you idiots doing this whole black vs. white thing? This isn't a hate speech forum.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable