+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 17 to 32 of 56

  1. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    But seeing as how the Christian kneejerk response will be that the law of Moses has given way to the law of grace (even though Jesus said that heaven and earth would pass before the law does) we can't really use the old law, can we?

    So let's look at just the new testament script given.
    1 Corinthians 6.

    How many Christians take their fellow christians to court, rather than handling their matters from in-house? vs 5-8

    Even one little slip of the eye and mind concerning a woman's body by the guys is fornication. vs 9

    Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers vs 10 - How many christians out there download movies or music off usenet or torrents? Watch movies or listen to music clearly not endorsed by the owners of that property? Access plagarized books and texts clearly not endorsed by the owner? Without thinking about it, take pens and simple office supplies from their work?
    Whether you steal a million bucks or only a penny, you'd still be counted as a thief, right?
    How many people out there have looked a their coworker's car or motorcycle and wished they had that? Uh-oh! How many christians drink here and there. Drink a little or drink a lot, intoxication is drunkeness.


    Revilers anyone!!!!????? Fvck, this is a big one! How many Christians abusively speak to one another and others??? On this very forum and elsewhere? They'll be going to hell right along with the homo's I guess...

  2. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Revilers anyone!!!!????? Fvck, this is a big one! How many Christians abusively speak to one another and others??? On this very forum and elsewhere? They'll be going to hell right along with the homo's I guess...
    You're absolutely right. The difference is that sinners who believe in Jesus are forgiven.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    You're absolutely right. The difference is that sinners who believe in Jesus are forgiven.
    So, are you saying that the revilers who turn from their reviling ways and follow Christ are forgiven?
    If so, you'd be in line with that passage.

    I'm with Tom, though. There are so many people out there casting stones at 'them homos' when there's a lot more to the passages that they minimize.



    If you are saying that you are a sinner saved by grace, but a sinner still, I'd think you're a Baptist.

    Vs 11 says: And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

    Past tense. No longer revilers. No longer thieves. No longer drunkards. No longer fornicators.

    To claim sin in one's life after a supposed second birth by the spirit to salvation seems to me an excuse to continue to sin....

  4. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,325

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Yeah...and something else.

    I wonder why there's not this strong of a push to ensure guys aren't having sex with women when they're on the rag (vs 19)
    Or in Chapter 19, why do most Christian farmers not allow folks to come gather the fall-away from their harvest as it states in vs 9 that they should do....and is this why most farms are circular rather than square? No corners to give up?

    What about vs 19? What do Christian cattlemen with mixed herds have to say for themselves?

    What about all those christian folks running around with rounded beards?? vs 27
    Or those who eat their steaks rare and bloody... vs 26

    How about those who do not pay the proper respect to the old and wise? vs 32

    What about vs 34? Aren't the Christian conservatives the ones most vocal about kicking all them mexicans back across the border?
    The voice of reason strikes again

  5. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,325

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    So, are you saying that the revilers who turn from their reviling ways and follow Christ are forgiven?
    If so, you'd be in line with that passage.

    I'm with Tom, though. There are so many people out there casting stones at 'them homos' when there's a lot more to the passages that they minimize.



    If you are saying that you are a sinner saved by grace, but a sinner still, I'd think you're a Baptist.

    Vs 11 says: And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

    Past tense. No longer revilers. No longer thieves. No longer drunkards. No longer fornicators.

    To claim sin in one's life after a supposed second birth by the spirit to salvation seems to me an excuse to continue to sin....

    The fact that Joe talks about Doyle in his sig is pretty un-Christian. In fact I was stunned to learn that Joe claims to be in Christ after a year of seeing how he treats people. Hardly turn the other cheek.

  6. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    The fact that Joe talks about Doyle in his sig is pretty un-Christian. In fact I was stunned to learn that Joe claims to be in Christ after a year of seeing how he treats people. Hardly turn the other cheek.
    Yep, I was wrong and I have since restrained myself from engaging in poor behavior (although my previous behavior was not unprovoked). What about my sigline in un-Christian? I was pointing out that Doyle made a racist comment about me and refused to admit error. There is nothing un-Christian about the truth.

    I believe you said yourself that you were on the side of truth. Did you mis-speak?

    Here's the common denominator of many forum problems. Go read for yourself:
    http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=850320&postcount=25
    Last edited by Joecool44; 04-09-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  7. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Yep, I was wrong and I have since restrained myself from engaging in poor behavior (although my previous behavior was not unprovoked). What about my sigline in un-Christian? I was pointing out that Doyle made a racist comment about me and refused to admit error. There is nothing un-Christian about the truth.

    I believe you said yourself that you were on the side of truth. Did you mis-speak?

    Here's the common denominator of many forum problems. Go read for yourself:
    http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=850320&postcount=25


    LOL - That was an outstanding rant by Kerry! Do you agree with his basic premise or are you saying his words are untrue? The forum could be a great place for debate, but............I think the MLM section's beyond that now.
    Too many turds in the bucket. The only way to fix the issue would be to flush, plunge, clean, and start fresh...........but there'd be too much hurt feeling over "content" if THAT happened, so what to do....?

    Regarding your social antics here, I think we're all just as 'guilty' of the reviling as you or anyone else.

    But in THIS context, the sin of the reviler is the same as the sin of a thief, a fornicator, a drunkard, etc......

    So again, WHY is there such an emphasis placed on da homos and nothing ever spoken about the other things in the SAME sentence?



    Fred Phelps, (if there is a hell, may he rot in it) and his family are a perfect example of what NOT to do, pertaining to revilers. By their actions and words, they condemn themselves by the very same passages they preach.

  8. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    I am 100% against abortions and homosexuality.
    The bible specifically teaches that it is wrong to abort, and wrong to be with the same sex.
    Man and woman is supposed to be one, not man and man, and woman and woman.
    They all are being deceived into thinking it is right.

    Aborting a child is totally against human nature as God brought forth a child, to be taught his lesson so that one day they would all descend back into the heavens.

  9. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by vatrecia View Post
    I am 100% against abortions and homosexuality.
    The bible specifically teaches that it is wrong to abort, and wrong to be with the same sex.
    Man and woman is supposed to be one, not man and man, and woman and woman.
    They all are being deceived into thinking it is right.

    Aborting a child is totally against human nature as God brought forth a child, to be taught his lesson so that one day they would all descend back into the heavens.

    Aside from the idea that 'killing' the tissue is wrong, where does the bible state that abortion is wrong?

    Something interesting pulled from the web:
    "Around half of all fertilized eggs die and are lost (aborted) spontaneously, usually before the woman knows she is pregnant. Among women who know they are pregnant, the miscarriage rate is about 15-20%. Most miscarriages occur during the first 7 weeks of pregnancy."

    Link


    Wouldn't this make God the greatest abortionist?

  10. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,985

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by vatrecia View Post
    I am 100% against abortions and homosexuality.
    The bible specifically teaches that it is wrong to abort, and wrong to be with the same sex.
    Man and woman is supposed to be one, not man and man, and woman and woman.
    They all are being deceived into thinking it is right.

    Aborting a child is totally against human nature as God brought forth a child, to be taught his lesson so that one day they would all descend back into the heavens.
    Just curious, have you seen this presentation?

    Click Here

    It's a little long, but well worth the effort.

    What are your thoughts?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  11. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    So again, WHY is there such an emphasis placed on da homos and nothing ever spoken about the other things in the SAME sentence?
    I live in Hawaii and our State just passed gay marriage. During the legislative session, the pro gay community went on the attack. Anyone who was neutral or not on "their side" were labeled as a bigot and violators of civil rights. Some businesses that did not support gay marriage were essentially shut down by gay protests in front of establishments and death threats leveled on small business owners.

    I believe in many states, the emphasis came because of the issue of gay marriage.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  12. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,325

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Yep, I was wrong and I have since restrained myself from engaging in poor behavior (although my previous behavior was not unprovoked). What about my sigline in un-Christian? I was pointing out that Doyle made a racist comment about me and refused to admit error. There is nothing un-Christian about the truth.

    I believe you said yourself that you were on the side of truth. Did you mis-speak?

    Here's the common denominator of many forum problems. Go read for yourself:
    http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=850320&postcount=25
    I agree with that. I did read the thread where Doyle showed himself to be a racist. He plead ignorance but it didn't fly. He displays the traits of the fanatic but so do you.

    And yes I am on the side of the truth or the truth as can be proved. That's why I continue to ask for any proof of a god. Just like I asked for proof in MLM arguments. Sadly, trying to debate you, Conserve, and Knot on religion is as futile as trying to debate Doyle on MLM. Every time I have offered up legitimate questions or points they are ignored.

  13. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,325

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    I live in Hawaii and our State just passed gay marriage. During the legislative session, the pro gay community went on the attack. Anyone who was neutral or not on "their side" were labeled as a bigot and violators of civil rights. Some businesses that did not support gay marriage were essentially shut down by gay protests in front of establishments and death threats leveled on small business owners.

    I believe in many states, the emphasis came because of the issue of gay marriage.
    I'd like to see some links to that. I came up with nothing in a search. "Death threats" is a bit over the top,

  14. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    74

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
    I have a question/point to make for the Christians that are against abortions and homosexuality:

    Catholics and other Christians are against abortions and theyre against homosexuals. Well who has less abortions than homosexuals? Leave these ing people alone for Christs sake. Here is an entire class of people guaranteed never to have an abortion and the Catholics and the Christians are just tossing them aside. Youd think theyd make natural allies. Go look for consistency in religion.
    I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. They're not against homosexuals or abortions. They're against both of them. So the fact that homosexuals don't have abortions doesn't make, in their view, them any better.

    It's like killing someone, and then using the defense, 'Well, at least I didn't rape them too!' and hoping to get off.

  15. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,809

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    Quote Originally Posted by tomInAustin View Post
    And yes I am on the side of the truth or the truth as can be proved. That's why I continue to ask for any proof of a god. Just like I asked for proof in MLM arguments. Sadly, trying to debate you, Conserve, and Knot on religion is as futile as trying to debate Doyle on MLM. Every time I have offered up legitimate questions or points they are ignored.
    Some of the points you provided, I've debated, I provided explanations for. For example, there was one example you cited where the "bad things" being done, were done by a king but it was posted as if God had done them. A lot of the debatable points we talked about were like that, where the one line quote did not mention the text just before or after the quote.

    There are some things mentioned of disaster happening to people which many atheists like to cite, but don't mention that those were things the prophets said God would do IF they did not obey his command.

    In the end, atheists will not be convinced, nor will the believers, simply because of debate on this forum.

    Truth is, whether you believe in God or in the Big Bang scientific theory, a degree of faith is needed either way as was pointed out in Hawking's theory, the world was created out of nothing. It would take great faith to believe that one. Even though scientists have created a timeline for the universe that can be explained, one cannot completely rule out the possibility of a creator.

    True science, I believe would be a search for the truth, even if that truth ultimately proves there is a God who created the universe.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  16. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Glendale Az
    Posts
    1,249

    Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

    True science, I believe would be a search for the truth, even if that truth ultimately proves there is a God who created the universe.
    "Personal God" or "Impersonal God?"

    Joe, science is a rigid system of knowledge and it is the search for the truth. And those truths are in constant flux. However religion already thinks that it has the truth, so it doesn't test anything.

    The problem with science finding a Personal God would mean that this God accidently got discovered by men. This would point to the fact that this God was not Omnipotent, as he couldn't keep himself from being detected by men.

    However if this "Personal God" in question wanted to be discovered, he would need to allow Himself to be discovered by scientists in a perfectly controlled laboratory environment, under strict control by scientific observers, so that there would be no doubt.

    He could then be considered Omnipotent, thus supernatural, depending on what was perceived during the event.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Similar Threads

  1. Orlando Mass shooting and Homosexuals
    By PeggieSue in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-13-2016, 08:29 PM
  2. Bend Over for Homosexuals or Lose Your Job
    By conserv4ever in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 06:34 AM
  3. We Should ALL Pay For Abortions? Right?
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 05:53 PM
  4. The truth about abortions
    By krazy12982 in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 07:47 AM
  5. Is AIDS the Wrath of God against Homosexuals?
    By Dawud in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 04:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •