+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Christians Against Abortions and Homosexuals

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Okay just for you, I watched from minute 23 to 26.

He doesn't understand the difference between God's FOUNDATIONAL Law (like the Ten Commandments) and hte Mosiac law rules and regulations for the priesthood etc.

The Foundational Law is for ALL of Man including the one that most professing Christians are in rebellion against -- the Sabbath.

These Laws apply to ALL Mankind -- even nonbelievers:

You shall not murder
    You shall not steal
    You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
    You shall not have any gods besides me
    You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain (which is why I take Allah's name in vain)
    Honor your father and mother
    You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman
    You shall not eat any unclean thing

Here are a few who WON'T enter the Kingdom. Why make excuses? In the end, God is God. He says don't do these things. Both the OT & the New tell you the same thing. Just behave and live good decent lives. Your Father is watching and judging.
    OH SHEESH!? has your CULT gone and WRE WRIT the 10 commandments!? isn't that a REQUIREMENT of a CULT!? to RE-DO everything to make it seem SPECIAL and TRUE!? appealing to those that are just TIRED/BORED of the SAME 'OL stuff!? :bah: :crazy1: : :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Okay just for you, I watched from minute 23 to 26.
    So, you watched 3-4 minutes, of a 1+ hour video, you cherry picked one idea, so you can find something 'wrong' and you elaborate on that....

He doesn't understand the difference between God's FOUNDATIONAL Law (like the Ten Commandments) and hte Mosiac law rules and regulations for the priesthood etc.
    What?! Is that what he was quoting, wrongly?! OMG!!

The Foundational Law is for ALL of Man including the one that most professing Christians are in rebellion against -- the Sabbath.

These Laws apply to ALL Mankind -- even nonbelievers:

You shall not murder
    You shall not steal
    You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
    You shall not have any gods besides me
    You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain (which is why I take Allah's name in vain)
    Honor your father and mother
    You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman
    You shall not eat any unclean thing
    Where are those "laws", that apply to ALL men found?

Also, what is "unclean" food? Any ideas? And if one does break any of these "laws" or especially eats something "unclean", what's the punishment? Death/burn forever?

Stupid bible laws??...Click Here!

More absurd bible 'rules' here!

Isn't charging interest on money loaned sinful as well?

Here are a few who WON'T enter the Kingdom. Why make excuses? In the end, God is God. He says don't do these things. Both the OT & the New tell you the same thing. Just behave and live good decent lives. Your Father is watching and judging.
    "He", as in god, didn't say those things. Some man/men said 'he' said them, then put their man made thoughts together in a book, called the bible...and you believe 'he' said it, I don't.

Sorry.

Enjoy your living in fear though.

Glad you didn't watch the entire video, wouldn't want to challenge your biblical bias against "homos".

Can't have that.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Poor reasoning. Christians try to use that to claim their faith in creation and evolution.........BUT, when the bible says that "the evening and the morning were the first day" and so forth, it kinda throws that out the window, right?
    Now, I may not be agreeing with them, but surely if days were just SUPER long, then that would make sense, no?

So in essence, God is just an alien, since different planets have different lengths of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
    Now, I may not be agreeing with them, but surely if days were just SUPER long, then that would make sense, no?

So in essence, God is just an alien, since different planets have different lengths of days.

Oh, crap!!! You mean this WHOLE time, I've been thinking we were talking about God creating this earth and the things in it and on it within the constraints/confines of time as defined on EARTH, when in reality, the bible was referring to Mars or Jupiter or Uranus??????????

MAN, do I feel dumb! :nervouss:

Homosexuality has been observed in almost every other species know to mankind. There is nothing "unnatural" about it. Human beings have a wide spectrum of gender identity and sexual orientations, such is life, get over it. Arguing that people who are homosexual are not allowed to engage in homosexual relationships because they are a minority relative to heterosexuals in our population is like arguing that redheads should dye their hair brown and not live openly as redheads because they too are a minority and rarity in our population.

It also makes perfect sense for something such as homosexuality to exist as the OP noted, what's to say that perhaps biologically there are increases or decreases in the percentage of homosexuals within a population as a natural response to overpopulation?

I'm also sick of hearing so called Christians whining about how they are now "victims" as we enter into a new era of civil rights that no longer tolerates hatred towards LGBT.

That's not what you're doing. You throw out "inconsistencies" that make the rounds of the the God-Haters. Some of us have dealt with MANY. I, myself have cleared up 3 that I remember. You then ignore the explanation as though you never received it and throw out another. I decided that if you can't see that the fact that you're in error in those, there's no point in playing this game with you.

Right, like when I asked you about being a bigot. Your war against "Homos"? Do you hate black and brown people as much as you do homos? Are you as paranoid about them like my mom was? She she talked about black people like you do about Gays. The conspiracy to make us all accept them?

Some people just want to argue and not learn. You approach the Scriptures with a closed mind. Until you change, your "beliefs" never will.
    LOL, closed mind indeed. I ask you to submit one shred of verifiable evidence of god and I am willing to look at it. You can only see your limited view. I studied science. Did you?
    Last edited by tomInAustin; 04-14-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotom76 View Post
    Homosexuality has been observed in almost every other species know to mankind. There is nothing "unnatural" about it. Human beings have a wide spectrum of gender identity and sexual orientations, such is life, get over it. Arguing that people who are homosexual are not allowed to engage in homosexual relationships because they are a minority relative to heterosexuals in our population is like arguing that redheads should dye their hair brown and not live openly as redheads because they too are a minority and rarity in our population.

It also makes perfect sense for something such as homosexuality to exist as the OP noted, what's to say that perhaps biologically there are increases or decreases in the percentage of homosexuals within a population as a natural response to overpopulation?

I'm also sick of hearing so called Christians whining about how they are now "victims" as we enter into a new era of civil rights that no longer tolerates hatred towards LGBT.
    Great post Tom, It's not my cup of tea and personally I don't get it. I like girls, well because Squishy.

Lots more here...

https://www.google.com/search?q=i+li...uishy&tbm=isch

But that's not up to me and it's none of my business if boys like boys or girls like girls. I greaw up in a very narrow minded community, gays, blacks, browns and anybody that was not a white christian was harassed. I was always confused why the adults hated other people like that. We had a neighbor across the street that always wanted to play Barbies with my sister. Well believe me people. No male in 1960's small town Texas ever woke up one day and said, "you know, I should play with dolls". Just like no hetero male ever woke up one day and said.. "you know what I'd like in my butt"...

Gays were born gay and that means if you believe god created everything then he made gays, Get over it.

But...

One of the powers that religion has always held is the ability to make followers feel superior to everyone else. In order to do that they need a target. These days gays and Muslims seem to be the target of Christians, everyone is the target of Muslims etc. When you have weak minded people like Conserve and Knoticle and they're told they're better than everyone else then you end up with oppression. It has happened over and over across time. Little men with no power or authority crave that attention. The inquisition was a great example. Little men like Conserve making up stories about witches, ghosts and heretics for a pat on the head.

It will be a god-send (pun intended) when religion dies out and leaves us all alone. I bet there are a lot of alter boys who wish they didn't have to go to church.

This man said it better than I can.

Don Henley – Little Tin God

A new age is dawning
    On fewer than expected
    Business as Usual
    That's how the headline read
    Some shaky modern saviors
    Have now been resurrected
    In all this excitement
    You may have been misled

People want a miracle
    They say Oh Lord, can't you see us?
    We're tryin' to make a livin' down here
    And keep the children fed
    But, from little dark motel rooms
    To Six Flags over Jesus
    How are the mighty fallen
    So the Bible said

You don't have to pray to a little tin god
    Step out of the way for a little tin god
    You might fear the reaper, fear the rod
    But you never have to get down on your knees
    You don't have to holler, please, please
    No, you never have to get down on your knees
    For a little tin god

The cowboy's name was Jingo
    And he heard that there was trouble
    So in a blaze of glory
    He rode out of the west
    No one was ever certain
    What it was that he was sayin'
    But they loved it when he told them
    They were better than the rest

But you don't have to pray to a little tin god
    You might hate the system, hate the job
    For a little tin god

Throw down a rope from heaven
    And lead the flock to water
    The man in the middle would have you think
    That you have no other choice
    But to wander in the wilderness
    Of all the upturned faces
    If you stop and listen long enough
    You will hear your own small voice

But you don't have to pray to a little tin god
    You might fear the reaper, fear the rod
    Never have to holler, please, please
    You never have to get down on your knees
    You never have to holler, please, please
    You never have to get down on your knees
    For a little tin god
    Last edited by tomInAustin; 04-14-2014 at 02:24 PM.

You have it backwards. It is the Homos who have gone on OFFENSE. It is their goal to neutralize Christianity. It is they who want to destroy businesses that "offend" them.

Why cant they just mind their own damn business. Do they know they are literally the 1% Who gives them all this power to destroy?

you should read this