+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

The Debate on the Abortion Issue

I am starting a political issue debate on Abortion down here in Medical Scams because I want to argue the science and medical ethics on this issue.

Hereís another question I have: How come when itís us, itís an abortion, and when itís a chicken, itís an omelet? Are we so much better than chickens all of a sudden? When did this happen; that we passed chickens in goodness? Name six ways weíre better than chickens. See, nobody can do it! You know why? Because chickens are decent people. You donít see chickens hanging around in drug gangs, do you? No. You donít see a chicken strapping some guy to a chair and hooking up his nuts to a car battery, do you? Whenís the last chicken you heard about came home from work and beat the shit out of his hen, huh? Doesnít happen. Because chickens are decent people. Yet we eat 76.5 billion chicken fetuses each year.

Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

I'm pro-life. I'll do all I can to see every baby is created with a future and potential. The legislature should do all it can to protect human life.

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
    I am starting a political issue debate on Abortion down here in Medical Scams because I want to argue the science and medical ethics on this issue.

Hereís another question I have: How come when itís us, itís an abortion, and when itís a chicken, itís an omelet? Are we so much better than chickens all of a sudden? When did this happen; that we passed chickens in goodness? Name six ways weíre better than chickens. See, nobody can do it! You know why? Because chickens are decent people. You donít see chickens hanging around in drug gangs, do you? No. You donít see a chicken strapping some guy to a chair and hooking up his nuts to a car battery, do you? Whenís the last chicken you heard about came home from work and beat the shit out of his hen, huh? Doesnít happen. Because chickens are decent people. Yet we eat 76.5 billion chicken fetuses each year.
    Chicken eggs are NOT fetuses. They are generally UNFERTILIZED -- meaning it will never become a chicken. So relax. You are not murdering a chicken when you have eggs.

When you murder an unborn baby, the baby IS genetically HUMAN in every way. It has the full genetic code of the mother and father.

If you're gonna discuss baby murder from a scientific standpoint, you should know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggieSue View Post
    Abortion is taking a life and it is murder. Society has just worked to make this fact acceptable because of other issues they were having difficulties with.

People can be manipulated very easiley and society did this with abortion and convincing people abortion has nothing to do with taking a life.
    Yes, people are using the tactic of civil rights or choices as a means to justify their actions.

I definitely feel that late term abortions are equal to murder. In my opinion, a late term abortion is not much different than giving birth and putting the baby in a dumpster.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Yes, people are using the tactic of civil rights or choices as a means to justify their actions.

I definitely feel that late term abortions are equal to murder. In my opinion, a late term abortion is not much different than giving birth and putting the baby in a dumpster.
    Nice to see you approve of abortion, no longer calling it "murder"...
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Nice to see you approve of abortion, no longer calling it "murder"...
    Comprehension issues again?
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Comprehension issues again?
    Well then, do u think abortions done in the first trimester are "murder"...?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Well then, do u think abortions done in the first trimester are "murder"...?
    Did I say that?

Did I say that?
    Did I say u said anything...?!

I asked u a question!

Its a SIMPLE question!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Did I say u said anything...?!

I asked u a question!

Its a SIMPLE question!
    It is a simple question. I'll agree with you.

It is a simple question. I'll agree with you.
    For you,... being almost braindead, there's no such thing as a simple question...:crazy1:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

For you,... being almost braindead, there's no such thing as a simple question...:crazy1:
    The irony of your statement was lost on you.

The irony of your statement was lost on you.
    And u STILL haven't answered the simple question, simpleton...

Just fess up n admit it... Abortion=murder...right jokey?:crazy1:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

In the fight to keep abortion legal and stick up for women's rights many went way to far in leaving an impression that life developing inside a mother was not a life.
    This can be considered murder, a blatant disregard for human life.

Laws are now in place which help with educating the mother about a fetus before making the decision to abort.

I feel a person has a right to take another human life in certain situations

Most feel self defense when your life is in danger is a reason for legally taking another person's life. many laws in place to determine when this would be legal.

Capital punishment is a hotly debated issue and I am not in favor of capital punishment.

Mercy killing is legal in some stares and I would be in favor of this in certain situations.

I do also approve of abortion in certain situations.

I have taken a look at the killings of animals and have a difficult time with this one. A human does not have to eat meat and we could eliminate the killing of animals for a food source. Maybe some day this will be the case but not any time soon.
    We have a big problem with the abuse of animals but we also have a big problem with the abuse of children etc.

I can remember in the past someone confronted me on this board and said if you are against abortion then you need to be pro life in all matters. I personally do not find this the case.
    We just need to be sure the legal right to kill and the respect for human life stays in tact when passing laws that permit taking a human life.
    So, when does a human 'life' actually start? Sperm and ovum is life, isn't it?! At what point does life really start here?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

If you would ask the Pope he would agree with you that sperm and ovum are life.
    Yer funny...I don't care what the pope thinks, I was asking u what u think...;-)

You're not going to get very many people here in the United States to agree and say sex should be treated with dignity, only take place between a husband and wife and no contraception should be used because sperm and ovum are life. We do have those that do look at the beginning of life as sperm and ovum and feel they have to show respect for the process of creating a human life.
    Is that realistic? You really think that teenage boys will ignore their 'urges'... cause it's 'life'...? Not to mention all of the 'abortions' that occur every month for women...naturally? How do the biblical nuts cure those 'micro-murders'...?

Let's say we start killing more of our inmates in prison. They have shown us they are worthless to society and we do have capital punishment so let's get rid of more undesirables. Why not get rid of those with disabilities, the mentally ill etc, they're not of much use to society and cause us a burden....
    Really! Abortion will lead to that kind of a society because women want rights to their own bodies?? REALLY?!

I don't think so peggie...extreme is putting it lightly...do you think allowing gay people to get married will 'corrupt' the institution of marriage and we'll start marrying our dogs and cats next as well? Once that door is open...the floodgates of immorality will open and flood the world in 'sin'...?

This is pretty much what we have done with abortion, some folks got together and decided on how to look at your above question. When do we show respect for human life when it comes to the reproductive cycle. It's a loaded question and you get many different opinions when getting answers to the question.
    And the answers can be found in the effected individuals life and circumstance, between her and her doctor...no one else, because it's her body.

I can say I feel three months is to far into the development of a human to have it be legal for abortion, unless there are negative consequences to the mothers or child's health.
    So...3 months is OK, after that....it's murder?

So, what if a woman passes the 'guidelines' and she's caught after the three month window... she should go to jail for murder then? And the doctor too? How would that work? Don't we have enough prisons built for people we're 'mad' at?

We just keep locking people up..................and building more prisons....

I feel we got carried away when legalizing abortion and went way to far over the line with pushing the fact a fetus is just a blob of nothing.
    What do u mean?
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I do care what the Pope thinks. I pretty much agree with the Pope but feel his doctrine is way to strict for a society to follow. If sex were treated in a more respectful way we could eliminate a multitude of problems in our society. Venereal disease, unwanted pregnancy, adultery which can lead to broken homes etc. to name just a few of the negative consequences of having sex outside marriage.

I have no idea how a teen boy feels, I'm a girl. I do know I didn't have sex while I was a teen and it didn't hurt be one bit. I would assume it wouldn't hurt a boy either.
    Naturally loosing a fetus is just that, natural. Thing is there are laws that prohibit a woman from mistreating her unborn child. Especially when drug and alcohol abuse come in to play.
    It doesn't occur all that often but they have charged women with a crime when abusing their unborn child.

Abortions have taken a down turn because stricter rules have been applied to enable a woman to view her unborn child before aborting it and women are better educated today then in the past on reproduction.

A woman with a life inside her has two lives to consider not just one. I in no way think this life, because it's inside her body, gives her the right to abuse that life.

I don't care for our prison system and I feel it needs change. I also don't care for our criminal justice system and feel it needs changes too.

I never have said lock a person up that has had abortion. I did share my thoughts that taking a life is the thing a person may have to do to perverse their own life in certain situations. I did share I was using the word murder to define a disrespect for human life when defining abortion. This act of aborting would not always be considered unlawful nor would it constitute a prison sentence.
    Prison or jail may be the answer to abusing a child while in the womb in certain situations.
    Stricter abortions law should do the trick because most people abide by the law and would not choose to have an illegal abortion.

If we had stricter laws for aborting we wouldn't have as many unwanted pregnancies and the need for that talk between a woman and her doctor.

I feel our abortion laws are to lenient and we should have stricter laws for aborting along with a push to educate society on how to prevent unwanted pregnancies etc.

There is a healthy balance we need to attain and the push for aborting was not part of the healthy balance I am looking for in our society. Less abortions and less unwanted pregnancies. More respect for women when it comes to sex is also a key.
    Sorry...'education'...and passing more laws isn't going to stop anything... Legislating morality never has worked... So, just keep locking up the 'sinners'...that'll do it!!
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard