+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 65 to 80 of 96

  1. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,984

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Girl gets drugged and raped

    Girl victim of in-cest (not voluntary)

    Girl underage, had unprotected sex got pregnant doesn't want parents to find out

    Woman aged 50, got pregnant but pregnancy could risk her life

    Woman goes to party, gets drunk and pregnant

    Woman has regrets about pregnancy in her third trimester
    So, none of those examples are situations that you'd call "murder"...?

    So a woman gets drunk and pregnant at a party, huh?...that's not a "murder" abortion...?
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  2. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    19,273

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    So, none of those examples are situations that you'd call "murder"...?

    So a woman gets drunk and pregnant at a party, huh?...that's not a "murder" abortion...?
    Those are examples. I didn't state my position on those situations, but the possibilities are practically endless.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  3. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,984

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Those are examples. I didn't state my position on those situations, but the possibilities are practically endless.
    WHY haven't you stated your position on these matters?

    Isn't that what I've been asking?:yelcutelaughA:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  4. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    19,273

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    WHY haven't you stated your position on these matters?
    Because I don't owe YOU any explanation. You got a problem with that?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  5. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,984

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Because I don't owe YOU any explanation. You got a problem with that?
    Evade n misdirection... I get it.

    No problem...:chicken:

    One more thing... roflmao
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  6. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    19,273

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Evade n misdirection... I get it.

    No problem...:chicken:

    One more thing... roflmao
    You never did fill in the gaps in your MLM career. Evade and misdirect?
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  7. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern, California
    Posts
    16,984

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    You never did fill in the gaps in your MLM career. Evade and misdirect?
    Moving the goalposts again!

    rofl
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

  8. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    19,273

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    Moving the goalposts again!

    rofl
    Not really. Just pointing out your hypocrisy of demanding answers from me when you openly refuse to answer very basic questions yourself.

    Would you be satisfied if I gave you the same answer you responded with?

    "Keep guessing".
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

    'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

  9. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    17

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Abortion involves terminating a pregnancy by the removing or expelling of a fetus or embryo from the uterus. This is sometimes due to the death of the fetus; however, it can also result in the death of it. Abortion is a very controversial topic because its frequency of occurrence, legal, cultural and religious status varies extensively in different regions of the world. There are many high-profile groups that champion either pro-choice or pro-life, and such organizations bring up a host of issues to further their often political agenda. In the United States, pro-life groups favor greater legal restrictions on abortion, or even the complete prohibition of it. They argue that a human fetus is a human being with a right to live, so abortion is similar to murder. In contrast, pro-choice groups argue that a woman has certain reproductive rights, especially the choice on whether or not to carry a pregnancy to term.
    One of the most common reasons why some women want to have an abortion is because they have the desire to delay childbearing because they themselves are young. Other reasons include not wanting to stop work or schooling and/or because of financial or relationship instability. These reasons are consistent across numerous countries, including America. Most abortions that occur in the United States are obtained by women of a minority race because they are having higher incidences of unintended pregnancies. In developing countries, women have the additional concern of health risks and complications that occur as a result of unsafe practices in medical settings.
    Some abortions happen because of societal pressures. This occurs to when there is little social support, when a specific gender of a child is preferred or when governments enforce population control, such as China's one child policy. It is suggested that sex-selective abortion could account for disparities between the birth rates of male and female children in some countries. Many countries in Asia like China, South Korea and India have cultures that prefer male children.
    When abortion occurs because of societal pressures, women sometimes have to resort to unsafe practices because the legalized healthcare route is not an option. As a result, countries that have restrictive abortive laws have more women that seek unsafe abortions. Unsafe abortions occur when they are performed by individuals without adequate medical skills or in an unhygienic environment. Such situations occur globally, and result in about 70,000 maternal deaths and 5 million maternal disabilities per year.
    Currently, laws regarding abortion are diverse and differ by states in the U.S. Some states have a 24-hour waiting period before an abortion can be carried out and require that information regarding fetal development is given out. The abortion debate also focuses on whether laws should be passed mandating that the pregnant woman has the consent of others, especially if the woman is a minor.
    Abortion Debate Controversy

    Induced abortions have aroused debate, controversy and activism because it is related to ethical, moral, philosophical, biological and legal issue. This is a personal topic because it touches on a person's value system. Some pro-life groups have taken their case to the extremes and have targeted doctors and facilities that provide abortions with various types of violence, from murder to arson. Four United States doctors were even assassinated to further their cause. The question remains: is violence really necessary?

  10. #74

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Trump is more than his VP on this issue.....but its 2016 not 1958.....so he's playing along
    Help promote scam.com by using our promo videos on your blog or website! CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEOS

  11. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    15,499

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Let people what they want to do. Use the stem cells for the Vets. Issue closed

  12. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    In the heart of the man I love.
    Posts
    14

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    It is clear in both sides what they want, so let the people do what they want, it's their choice. Hope they are ready enough what's the consequences on their doings. Of course, pro-life have their principles however, if those people want abortion then, pro-life community can't do stop them.
    "You know what makes my eyeballs roll? -best paid porn sites ".

  13. #77
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    28

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Both sites will never agree on this. I am pro-choice for a number of reasons, but I don't go around telling pregnant woman to abort. Pro-lifers seem to think that the choice mothers have is an easy one. In most cases I think it is very, very difficult and one that if the mother does not later regret - they never forget.

    So I just want to say to both sides that you are spending too much time and energy fighting about the WRONG THING. If you were to focus on something else and spend half as much energy and emotion on this thing then most of the problem (but not all) would go away.

    What I am talking about is education and birth control. If there are no unwanted/unplanned pregnancies, then abortion is much less of a consideration. Children need to get educated correctly as soon as it is appropriate. And birth control methods need to be cheap, available, effective,and most of all: SAFE for both partners.

    Please, take your passion and your conviction and apply it to the root of the abortion issue which is unwanted/unplanned pregnancies.

  14. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,469

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    I feel the greatest destroyer of peace today is 'Abortion', because it is a war against the child... A direct killing of the innocent child, 'Murder' by the mother herself... And if we can accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love... And we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts...

  15. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    28

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    In the end, it doesn't matter what any of us "feels". A person should have the right to choose what happens with their body and anything contained within that body, up to a point.

    But fighting abortion by passing a law against it or talking to people about how it's murder is NOT very effective.

    If you REALLY want to stop abortion, then work to stop unwanted pregnancies. Promote education and birth control. Getting an abortion is not a simple or easy thing. If we can stop unwanted pregnancies we can stop abortions.

    If you are not willing to promote birth control and safe sex, you are lazy and avoiding YOUR responsibility to see the change you say you want to see.

  16. #80
    chesty's Avatar
    chesty is offline Who can handle the real truth? Chesty can.
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    1,540

    Re: The Debate on the Abortion Issue

    Quote Originally Posted by nielsencl View Post
    In the end, it doesn't matter what any of us "feels". A person should have the right to choose what happens with their body and anything contained within that body, up to a point.

    But fighting abortion by passing a law against it or talking to people about how it's murder is NOT very effective.

    If you REALLY want to stop abortion, then work to stop unwanted pregnancies. Promote education and birth control. Getting an abortion is not a simple or easy thing. If we can stop unwanted pregnancies we can stop abortions.

    If you are not willing to promote birth control and safe sex, you are lazy and avoiding YOUR responsibility to see the change you say you want to see.
    This issue is the subject of an upcoming constitutional referendum in Ireland on May 25th. We are voting to attempt to repeal a law preventing abortion. The whole "anti choice" campaign has been hijacked and funded by US evangelists. I agree with you that this should be a woman's choice so I will be voting to repeal this law and give the choice to women. It really angers me that these religious nutcases have attempted to interfere in a political issue in a country that's not theirs but that's a familiar scenario for the US.

Similar Threads

  1. The Issue With MLM
    By Joecool44 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 12-17-2014, 10:01 AM
  2. Debunking The MLM Retail Issue
    By Joecool44 in forum MLM Scams
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-23-2014, 06:16 PM
  3. A calm look at the abortion issue;
    By Yeah Well Fine Then in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 05:51 PM
  4. Considering 9/11 is a campaign issue...
    By sojustask in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 07:58 AM
  5. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-22-2006, 11:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •