+ Reply to Thread

Conspiracy Theory Quotes Of The Day

Well these quotes of the day threads are very popular here at scam.com so why not a conspiracy theory quote of the day thread? Post your favorite ones that are pro-conspiracies and ant-conspiracies here:

I get this started. This one is from the star of one of my favorite TV shows: XFiles

I don't believe in a conspiracy to hide the existence of extraterrestrial life.
    -David Duchovny
    Last edited by Sviat; 04-02-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Re: Conspiracy Theory Quotes Of The Day

While we may blame the Internet for the ease with which conspiracy theories proliferate, the net is really much more culpable for the way it connects everything to almost everything else. The hypertext link, as we used to call it, allows any fact or idea to become intimately connected with any other.

Douglas Rushkoff

The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses.

-Me , Albert Einstein
    "A person starts to live when he can live outside himself."

"While outlining a not-yet-titled book about the emerging social alternatives, I thought again about the peculiar form of this movement; its atypical leadership, the patient intensity of its adherents, their unlikely successes. It suddenly struck me that in their sharing of strategies, their linkage, and their recognition of each other by subtle signals, the participants were not merely cooperating with one another. They were in collusion. It -- this movement -- is a conspiracy! … There are legions of conspirators. They are in corporations, universities, and hospitals, on the faculties of public schools, in factories and doctors’ offices, in state and federal agencies, on city councils, and the White House staff, in state legislatures, in volunteer organizations, in virtually all arenas of policy making in the country."

-Marilyn Ferguson

Me, George Carlin - "The Term “conspiracy theorist” is a label used by the establishment to dismiss the idea that powerful people might get together and actually plan anything,"

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.

-
    J. Edgar Hoover

Here's a great conspiracy theory quote that came to mind:

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a shit whether you live or die. There, you feel better now?"
    - Dennis Miller
    Last edited by Rocky; 04-02-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Galileo said, "All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." We have gone to some length to make that process easier for you in this area. It is our intention to change your mind from viewing conspiracy theorists as wacko, to being a conspiracy factualist yourself, as a professor of American history friend described himself to me!"

'More stringent security measures. Universal electronic surveillance. No-knock laws. Stop and frisk laws. Government inspection of first-class mail. Automatic fingerprinting, photographing, blood tests, and urinalysis of any person arrested before he is charged with a crime. A law making it unlawful to resist even unlawful arrest. Laws establishing detention camps for potential subversives. Gun control laws. Restrictions on travel. The assassinations, you see, establish the need for such laws in the public mind. Instead of realizing that there is a conspiracy, conducted by a handful of men, the people reason—or are manipulated into reasoning—that the entire population must have its freedom restricted in order to protect the leaders. The people agree that they themselves can't be trusted.”
    Robert Anton Wilson, The Eye in the Pyramid
    When in doubt, Meditate!

I don't know if I can agree with this one...

When you're young, you look at television and think, there's a conspiracy. The networks have conspired to dumb us down. But when you get a little older, you realize that's not true. The networks are in business to give people exactly what they want.
    Steve Jobs

“The amount of violations of human rights in a country is always an inverse function of the amount of complaints about human rights violations heard from there. The greater the number of complaints being aired, the better protected are human rights in that country.”
    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan