+ Reply to Thread

Free Business Advice

I would like to quote the great Sir Richard Branson (one of my idols) here for some inspiration free business advice:

• “Some 80% of your life is spent working. You want to have fun at home; why shouldn’t you have fun at work?”
    • “Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated. It is hard to keep things simple.”
    • “A company is people … employees want to know… am I being listened to or am I a cog in the wheel? People really need to feel wanted.”
    • “I don’t think of work as work and play as play. It’s all living.”
    • “Most necessary evils are far more necessary than evil.”
    • “Engage your emotions at work.* Your instincts and emotions are there to help you.”
    • “You can never go too far wrong by thinking like a customer who’s new to the business.”
    • “You shouldn’t blindly accept a leader’s advice.* You’ve got to question leaders on occasion.”
    • “I believe that drudgery and clock-watching are a terrible betrayal of that universal, inborn entrepreneurial spirit.”
    • “The time to go into a new business is when it’s badly run by others.”
    • “There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions – in a way that serves the world and you.”
    • And then there’s my very favorite one of all – something that I actually say fairly often: “Screw it, let’s just do it.”

If you have any great business advice, please post it!
    Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 04-02-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Re: Free Business Advice

"If it doesn't fit, then don't force it."

People so badly want/need to make money but the U.S. economy has been messed up for a while so it's not like a person will go to jail for not paying a $100 bill. However, people do the following to make a few dollars-
    -Lie
    -Manipulate
    -Go into overtime negotiating
    -Make huge sacrifices
    -Sell themselves/belongings for less than actual worth

There is nothing wrong with peaceable negotiations about money as long as it's effective. Additionally, it is okay to accept below the desired rates if a client or other business party is nice to work with and is truthful about their situation. When people in business show some flexibility, this can lead to positive referrals.

Re: Free Business Advice

talking point i came away with......necessary, individual, evil, consideration, moderation, flexibilty, the will of authority over individual considerations!? the use of independent authority to police the authority of private controlled business venture!? why is it necessary!? what is the CUTOFF point for human input/use as called for by the greater good!? who decides the greater good!? is it a DEMOCRATIC process!? ::crazy1::chicken::elvis:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Passion Passion Passion

Does your passion or your hobby matter? Well, it most certainly matters to you and unless you have a passion or hobby that nobody else in the world has ever heard of, there are probably plenty of other people who share your passion or hobby and may even more into it than you are.

Being deeply involved in a hobby or passion is the stuff that successful niche marketing is made of. Most really successful niche marketers have turned what the care about the most into successful businesses. The reason for their success is their passion about the theme of their websites.

Creating a successful niche marketing site takes a lot of time and a lot more dedication. Unless you are passionate about the subject, it is hard to stay focused on it long enough to make it a success. So passion and dedication are your two biggest assets. You must be willing to put in long hours and be willing to accept the fact that it will be quite some time before you start realizing a profit even a modest one. Keeping on keeping on is the only way you will ever be successful at niche marketing.

You can establish a money-making niche marketing website with the theme about the very things that you love the most. If you can correctly define your niche, make certain that people are willing to pay for the product or service that you are selling, and locate that specific audience; there is no reason why you cant build a niche marketing site that is all about your greatest passion or the hobby that you most enjoy. Imagine that! Being able to make money and do what you love doing at the same time. It doesnt get any better than that!