+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am a proud Atheist

Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. I am going on record saying I am a proud atheist. Think about it, religion has actually convinced people that there's an INVISIBLE MAN...LIVING IN THE SKY...who watches every thing you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten special things that he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever 'til the end of time...but he loves you.

Re: I am a proud Atheist

You will change your tune when God smites you straight to hell.

you are entitled to your beliefs. I am a Christian I am an Episcopalian. I guess I have seen it all. In many respects the average community church is really a "poor man's country club" Many of the lower class denominations,e.g Assemblies of God, Pentecostal, Some Baptist, serve as a combination entertainment vehicle and place to 'park the kids" . Some speakers like Joel Olsteen of Houston and the TBN crowd founded by Paul Crouch are really performers . they really put on a show for the crowd. so modern man really satisfies the old adage "they will always have their Breads and Circuses" Personally I believe that if real persecution returned ( e.g Roman times) then 97% of the people in church on Sunday would flee. Only about 3% of any congregation are real believers. But I believe. Belief to me comes from how you were raised as a child. if there was a troubled past then you don't believe. I am in a Social club,MENSA where about 40% are atheists. I usually say to them to explore some belief system. if Mainline Christian is not to your liking then try Eastern philosophy,technically Tibetan Buddhism ( e.g the Dali lama) is a type of atheism. Also try Baha'i they take input from many belief systems. good luck :king22:

Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

~ Victor J. Stenger
    Last edited by ohein56; 04-03-2014 at 02:43 PM.
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

In God we trust, others pay cash.

Religion is sort of like a lift in your shoes. If it makes you feel better, fine. Just don't ask me to wear your shoes. ~ George Carlin
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    In God we trust, others pay cash.
    Welcome to the 'forum'.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

THIS THREAD cracks me UP............only cause i HAD a FEW!? which is DEAF in LATELY better than having the FLU the KOOP for any REASON other than the FEDS is on my TAIL!? or is it TALE!? well that comes LATER i guess when i Do or DONT confess and WHO takes my CASE to court or BETTER places like the PRESS of a FULL court in the GAME i didn't KNOW untill the THRILL got me in a SPILL that MOM could NOT clean UP or just didn't WANT to!? :errr: : :spin2::judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

What can we do to silence these Christian athletes who thank Jesus whenever they win, never mention his name when they lose? Not a word. You never hear them say “Jesus made me drop the ball.” “The good lord tripped me up behind the line of scrimmage.” According to these guys Jesus is undefeated, meanwhile these assholes are in last place. Must be another one of those “miracles.”

Quote Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
    What can we do to silence these Christian athletes who thank Jesus whenever they win, never mention his name when they lose? Not a word. You never hear them say “Jesus made me drop the ball.” “The good lord tripped me up behind the line of scrimmage.” According to these guys Jesus is undefeated, meanwhile these assholes are in last place. Must be another one of those “miracles.”
    Every time an entertainer or athlete thanks god/jesus/alla...? It makes me cringe...give credit where it's due!

I guess when they lose/fail, they think "the devil made me do it?!"

Delusion's a funny thing...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare3000 View Post
    you are entitled to your beliefs. I am a Christian I am an Episcopalian. I guess I have seen it all. In many respects the average community church is really a "poor man's country club" Many of the lower class denominations,e.g Assemblies of God, Pentecostal, Some Baptist, serve as a combination entertainment vehicle and place to 'park the kids" . Some speakers like Joel Olsteen of Houston and the TBN crowd founded by Paul Crouch are really performers . they really put on a show for the crowd. so modern man really satisfies the old adage "they will always have their Breads and Circuses" Personally I believe that if real persecution returned ( e.g Roman times) then 97% of the people in church on Sunday would flee. Only about 3% of any congregation are real believers. But I believe. Belief to me comes from how you were raised as a child. if there was a troubled past then you don't believe. I am in a Social club,MENSA where about 40% are atheists. I usually say to them to explore some belief system. if Mainline Christian is not to your liking then try Eastern philosophy,technically Tibetan Buddhism ( e.g the Dali lama) is a type of atheism. Also try Baha'i they take input from many belief systems. good luck :king22:
    I've never had children, but IMO, indoctrinating a youngster with theology, before they ever have a chance to think for themselves is criminal.
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

I am praying for all atheists and you Carlin. Open your heart and mind , God will enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    I am praying for all atheists and you Carlin. Open your heart and mind , God will enter.
    IMO, god's already in my heart.

It's called LIFE & LOVE.

The bible nonsense, (mans interpretation of god/life/love), just over-complicates things...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I've never had children
    Thank God you didn't procreate. rofl

Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Thank God you didn't procreate. rofl

I tell myself that, almost every day.

And you did!?:crazy1:

Poor things....ing1:
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I tell myself that, almost every day.
    See? God is good.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.