+ Reply to Thread

How do I report scams in Canada - Canadian Scams

Do you live in Canada and have been scammed? Have you been a victim of a Canadian scam? Do you want to report a scam that either happened in Canada in person, on the phone, or on the the internet. Well here is all the information you need to report Canadian scams:

If you have not lost any money and have not provided personal or financial information (relating to a fraud or scam), and you simply want to inform the appropriate organizations, report it to the Canadian Anti-fraud Centre by calling 1-888-495-8501

If you received a fraudulent e-mail soliciting personal or financial information (phishing scam), you should also advise the financial institution or other agency whose name was used.

If you are a victim of fraud or if you unwittingly provided personal or financial information (identity fraud), follow the steps in our Victim Assistance Guide.

If you are a victim of fraud and it is not related to identity fraud, contact the police service of jurisdiction in your area.

Always report fraud to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at info@antifraudcentre.ca or by dialing 1-888-495-8501 or on-line by visiting the CAFC website.

Hope this helps and please post your experiences here at scam.com. If you aren't a member, please register here.

Re: How do I report scams in Canada - Canadian Scams

Can you also call the BBB for Canada? Seems to me like when I was just on the BBB site it said you could also make claims for businesses in Canada?

Re: How do I report scams in Canada - Canadian Scams

Hello,

Since I am selling online, I have been scammed a number of times. One of my friends told me a number of websites that are really useful. For example, eBuyersReviewed and BadBuyerList.