+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noah: The Movie

conserv4ever is offline You Can't Handle the Truth! User Rank

Noah: The Movie

Our Man Hating/Dinosaur Loving member would like this movie. Noah is a sociopath who plots to kill his family so NO humans survive. No one except the animals. Paradise restored (in the minds of some)

Also, while the extreme wickedness of man was depicted, the real sin displayed in the film was the people’s destruction of the earth. Lost within the film’s extreme environmentalist message is that the actual sins of the pre-Flood people were a rebellion against God and also man’s inhumanity to man.

Noah’s misanthropy is revealed many times in the film. For example, when the girlfriend of Noah’s son Ham is caught in a trap and is about to be overtaken by some marauders, Noah leaves the girl to die at their hands. The film’s Noah wants to totally destroy the human race and doesn’t want his sons to have children. In perhaps the most shocking part of the film, Noah plans to kill his unborn grandchild, the child of Shem’s wife, if it is a girl. As Noah values his animals on board more than people and rants about it, he becomes a psychopath. Hollywood’s Noah is not the righteous man described in Hebrews 11 and other scriptures.

Even putting aside the movie’s scene that presents evolution’s alleged progression of simple animals to humans, I noted pagan elements in “Noah.” His grandfather Methuselah is something of a witch doctor. In addition, Noah gets the idea of building the Ark after drinking a magical potion.
    Ultimately, there is barely a hint of biblical fidelity in this film. It is an unbiblical, pagan film from its start. It opens with: “In the beginning there was nothing.” The Bible opens with, “In the beginning God.” That difference helps sum up the problem I have with the film. The Bible is about the true God of creation; the movie does not present the true God of the Bible.

http://time.com/42274/ken-ham-the-un...ble-of-a-film/

Re: Noah: The Movie

I will be seeing it this week in the theaters and give my review. The special effects remind me of that John Cusak movie: 2012. I wonder what the religious establishments are going to say about this sensationalized version of this bible fable.

Quote Originally Posted by conserv4ever View Post
    Our Man Hating/Dinosaur Loving member would like this movie. Noah is a sociopath who plots to kill his family so NO humans survive. No one except the animals. Paradise restored (in the minds of some)

It is an old Babylonian story resurrected by J E Wish authors. Paradise was about 65 million years ago when dinosaurs inhabited the earth. Humans are arrogant enough to think they are more valuable than dinosaurs or all those other magnificent creatures of God. The Noah story however is very interesting and carries an important message, humans have corrupted and trashed the earth. If, with an objective eye, you study history, you'll find little to redeem humankind. The Noah story is not realistic. If we go back and try it again, it won't work. There are all those greedy capitalists, fanatical Marxists, and religious zealots, they will repeat the same old mistakes.

It would be better for infrahuman species if homo sapiens vanished, they wouldn't be slaughtered.
    Last edited by Cnance; 03-31-2014 at 02:11 PM.

I'm finding that a lot of those Christians who have a problem with it haven't even taken the time to read the story of Noah from the bible and instead have a different idea from Sunday School or wherever and its really depressing me because I guess I assumed that bible thumpers had at least read the bible. I think knowing the story makes the movie even better, but these jerks are complaining about things, like *spoiler alert* Noah's getting drunk and passing out naked, that are right there in the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    I'm finding that a lot of those Christians who have a problem with it haven't even taken the time to read the story of Noah from the bible and instead have a different idea from Sunday School or wherever and its really depressing me because I guess I assumed that bible thumpers had at least read the bible. I think knowing the story makes the movie even better, but these jerks are complaining about things, like *spoiler alert* Noah's getting drunk and passing out naked, that are right there in the Bible.
    No, that's not what they're complaining about. They'ere complaining about things like:

1) Rock People (turning a TRUE story of a historical event into a silly fable)
    2) Noah portrayed NOT as a righteous prophet of God, but a sick twisted individual
    3) Making the destruction of the world NOT about the sins of Man, but about the abuse of the environment.

maybe god has a NEW angle on saving the LOST which is MORE up to DATE you might SAY!? that's IF he has not QUIT on mankind so to speak!? so do you think god is a QUITTER!? :errr: :rotz: : :judges:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

1. It's Hollywood.
    2. It's just a movie.
    3. It's purpose is to make money.

So has anyone seen it yet?

No Paul, the entertainment industry values pushing their left-wing, anti-God agenda at least as much as profit. They will OFTEN put out a movie or tv show KNOWING they will offend. Their goal is to change the culture. Ever notice how many sitcoms feature homosexuality? Of course they're mpandering to the kind of comedy the 98% of the hetro population craves (sarcasm)

This weekend I went to see the movie "God's Not Dead". The main character Josh did a pretty good job of debunking common atheistic arguments.
    Originally Posted by nomaxim
    Sorry there ''ohein56', but it appears that 'Joecool44' does not have the position that you envision on this topic.

'Joecool44' has, as a matter of routine, refuted most of your accusations
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax74 View Post
    Some people have the ability to think critically, some do not. ohein obviously doesn't.

Better choice

Better choice

IF we could SAY that ALL men SEEK better CHOICES!? where does THAT leave us a s a WHOLE as if a WHOLE was any kind of IDEAL REALITY!? and IF some KIND of BETTER choice was JUST better cause it is the BEST then HOW/WHY would IT be BEST communicated to the UN initiated you might SAY and if ANY other SYSTEM of IDEALism existed WHO would be AWARE of such a RUSE against SAY the CONFORMERS for CAUSE base on the NATURAL TRENDS vs the HIDDEN OMNIPOTENT ENDS of like/such a MYTHOLOGICAL PREMISE!? am i saying that in 1's lifetime the IDEAL choice is to LICK and JOIN or is SOME other IDEAL possible and HOW!? THE INTERNET!! if we consider the MIND as JUST a POSIT of OPINIONS rallyed to OR not!? the SEA is LIFE and a BODY a VESSEL and the SAILOR is KNOWN for his KNOTS!? :liefde: : :spin2: :judges:
    Last edited by lexx; 04-02-2014 at 11:30 PM.
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

A planned showing of the movie in Exeter, England, recently had to be cancelled due to...

...flooding!

When opening in the morning, the staff found enough water on the floor to render the theatre unusable. Maybe the Biblical flood is true after all! :nervouss:

(However, it appears that a broken ice machine was responsible for this particular flood... not divine intervention :spin2: )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    A planned showing of the movie in Exeter, England, recently had to be cancelled due to...

...flooding!

When opening in the morning, the staff found enough water on the floor to render the theatre unusable. Maybe the Biblical flood is true after all! :nervouss:

(However, it appears that a broken ice machine was responsible for this particular flood... not divine intervention :spin2: )
    That had to have been the work of some trickster surely, that's a hilarious coincidence.

As for the movie itself, I've seen the trailer and it seems to have some pretty cool special effects.

No, that's not what they're complaining about. They'ere complaining about things like:

1) Rock People (turning a TRUE story of a historical event into a silly fable)
    2) Noah portrayed NOT as a righteous prophet of God, but a sick twisted individual
    3) Making the destruction of the world NOT about the sins of Man, but about the abuse of the environment.

I almost spit coffee all over my desk. "turning a TRUE story of a historical event into a silly fable" LOL. I have to repeat this one.

So has anyone seen it yet?

No Paul, the entertainment industry values pushing their left-wing, anti-God agenda at least as much as profit. They will OFTEN put out a movie or tv show KNOWING they will offend. Their goal is to change the culture. Ever notice how many sitcoms feature homosexuality? Of course they're mpandering to the kind of comedy the 98% of the hetro population craves (sarcasm)
    Good thing poor little god has you to defend him against the evil homos, spicks, hebs, spooks, and liberals. Do you actually imagine there are organized meetings to push this agenda or do they just get it via osmosis? My Mom used to claim back in the 60's that the reason there we so many black people on TV was that the liberal agenda was to force us to accept them damn nigs. Sound familiar?

Did you ever even once consider that the arts have a much larger percentage of gay people than the population in general? People tend to create art in their own image.

I'm surprised no one's brought up the Illuminati yet....

I have christian family that thinks THEY'RE behind it all.....